HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Fujitsu Sh561 fan error/overheat/slow down Help

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-08-2018, 10:26 PM   #1

Fujitsu Sh561 fan error/overheat/slow down Help

As you can see, it's an old laptop, I need some advice as to how to get it fixed, most probably the fan itself stopped working.

Question is, do I try to fix it myself by opening up the laptop and replace the fan or go to a pc repair shop. Is it more economical to buy a new laptop or send it for repair?

Thanks in advance.

Sent from Xiaomi MI A1 using GAGT
Stoicism is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 11:07 PM   #2
Arch-Supremacy Member

well would said the latter, buy a new laptop. as it is because not matter how much u fixed it, there will be other parts failing as well. so it will be best that u just get a new laptop.
ZrE0_Cha0s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 12:52 AM   #3
Master Member

As you can see, it's an old laptop, I need some advice as to how to get it fixed, most probably the fan itself stopped working.

Question is, do I try to fix it myself by opening up the laptop and replace the fan or go to a pc repair shop. Is it more economical to buy a new laptop or send it for repair?

Thanks in advance.

How old is old laptop that still can be as good as new.

You can google YouTube for how to dismantle of laptops as well how to fix.
There are plenty of tutorial on all sort of repair and replacement, nowadays on YouTube.

What you intend to do is up to you as you have to consider what sort of budget and the specification based on your requirement.

As for me..
Recently i repaired on; 1 laptop screen replacement $145 and another laptop on motherboard $120.
Both old laptops are Toshiba as in Windows 7 "days".
On top i did free upgrade to Windows 10 and have no problem.
And 3rd old Toshiba laptop still on Windows 7 as yet to do the free upgrade to Windows 10.
Although i still have not start using another desktop yet.

There is a laptop repair shop near my place as i usually seek for assistance.
eric3743 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 01:45 AM   #4

well would said the latter, buy a new laptop. as it is because not matter how much u fixed it, there will be other parts failing as well. so it will be best that u just get a new laptop.
As I'm using my laptop mostly at home, I would get a pc instead if it comes to the point where I need o get a replacement for my workstation, but not anytime soon.

How old is old laptop that still can be as good as new.

You can google YouTube for how to dismantle of laptops as well how to fix.
There are plenty of tutorial on all sort of repair and replacement, nowadays on YouTube.

What you intend to do is up to you as you have to consider what sort of budget and the specification based on your requirement.

As for me..
Recently i repaired on; 1 laptop screen replacement $145 and another laptop on motherboard $120.
Both old laptops are Toshiba as in Windows 7 "days".
On top i did free upgrade to Windows 10 and have no problem.
And 3rd old Toshiba laptop still on Windows 7 as yet to do the free upgrade to Windows 10.
Although i still have not start using another desktop yet.

There is a laptop repair shop near my place as i usually seek for assistance.
Laptop is 7 years old, I have no set budget, reason being, that I'm not familiar with the market price, as long as the repair or parts replacement doesn't exceed $200, it's fine for me. Replacing a PC/Laptop in this age is expensive.

I think I would take your advice on dismantling my laptop first and see where I can go from there.

Stoicism is online now   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.