Huawei Matebook X Pro

preternatural.stuff

Reaction score
Yup sure, Actually once you factor in shipment and gst , it is going to above 2K ... but well you can’t buy any laptop on the market now with just 2K that has this kind of specs.

The biggest nonsense you hear are from people who think that you have to spend a lot (more than 2K) to have anything decent. Which explains why idiots buy Apple products for example.

Currently the best deal on the market is the HP Envy X360 13", which has everything (touch screen, convertible 2-in-1, ultralight 1.27kg & slim, powerful) and only starts at $1399 or so as an exclusive at Harvey Norman at Comex. Yet the AMD Ryzen 5 2500U has 3 times the GPU performance compared to the equivalent Intel i5.

People who tell themselves they need to spend a lot on IT typically just don't know IT.

ash252

Reaction score
Waiting on my brand new set from Microsoft! Just wanna share some of my exp.

My card was declined a few times when i was attempting to make payment via PayPal. Called bank and i was told no issue with my card but no records of transactions were made at all.

I was gonna give up and then a final try to simply make payment directly to Microsoft (some users had problems with Microsoft before that apparently Microsoft do not accept foreign cc). It went through!

I was still skeptical though. The charge went through and appeared in my statement but the order status was still pending.

Today morning I receive an email from Microsoft that my order has been shipped and is on the way to CGW woohoo! FYI, order was made on Sep 5, so it was processed within 3 days :)

To all others who have been using your Matebook X Pro, any tips to share on your usage? Accessories to get etc?

Power Brick: I am divided between Anker PD and Aukey PD
Input: Anyone using Arc Mouse? Really like that it goes all flat when not in use.
Sleeve: Any recommendations?

P.S. oh, i also manage to use the student/military discount USD150 off! ;p

TYIA~!

trowaclown

Reaction score
The biggest nonsense you hear are from people who think that you have to spend a lot (more than 2K) to have anything decent. Which explains why idiots buy Apple products for example.

Currently the best deal on the market is the HP Envy X360 13", which has everything (touch screen, convertible 2-in-1, ultralight 1.27kg & slim, powerful) and only starts at $1399 or so as an exclusive at Harvey Norman at Comex. Yet the AMD Ryzen 5 2500U has 3 times the GPU performance compared to the equivalent Intel i5.

People who tell themselves they need to spend a lot on IT typically just don't know IT.

Take your shrilling elsewhere, man-child. You're cluttering up this thread with irrelevant evangelising.

ducky_88

Master Member
Reaction score

My card was declined a few times when i was attempting to make payment via PayPal. Called bank and i was told no issue with my card but no records of transactions were made at all.

I was gonna give up and then a final try to simply make payment directly to Microsoft (some users had problems with Microsoft before that apparently Microsoft do not accept foreign cc). It went through!

I was still skeptical though. The charge went through and appeared in my statement but the order status was still pending.

Today morning I receive an email from Microsoft that my order has been shipped and is on the way to CGW woohoo! FYI, order was made on Sep 5, so it was processed within 3 days :)

To all others who have been using your Matebook X Pro, any tips to share on your usage? Accessories to get etc?

Input: Anyone using Arc Mouse? Really like that it goes all flat when not in use.

TYIA~!

Can share how to get such off? I got no student/military account.

ash252

Reaction score
Can share how to get such off? I got no student/military account.

actually i dunno how i got the discount too. there was a button to check your eligibility. when you click on it it asks you to sign in to your Microsoft acct. after i signed in, it says i'm eligible and i got the discount!

i must have been a member of SEAL Team Six in my past life or something :s13:

ducky_88

Master Member
Reaction score
actually i dunno how i got the discount too. there was a button to check your eligibility. when you click on it it asks you to sign in to your Microsoft acct. after i signed in, it says i'm eligible and i got the discount!

i must have been a member of SEAL Team Six in my past life or something :s13:

What is the domain you use? like @military.gov or something @polytechnic.com? etc..

ash252

Reaction score
I went to google and found the $150 off is general doesn't need to be student/military. How much does your shopping cost?

not sure yet but CGW estimated it will be USD58.45 so about SGD80? though i am planning to combine and use their onebox to save on shipping.

ksksksks

Reaction score

TYIA~!

Anker PD only 30W max.
Go for Aukey PD and must remember it is 60W model. Carousell should still have :D

Divinefury

Reaction score
Few weeks with the laptop now, everything is good. Bought this sleeve (new pro 13 inch A1706 size), liking the ability to prop the laptop up a bit. However, sleeve is a bit too big for the laptop, and there is at least 2cm of excess space with the laptop inside.

https://ezbuy.sg/product/155351826.html

Looking for other sleeves with a tighter fit, that have this same function. Anybody else bought sleeves for theirs?

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.