HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Huawei Matebook X Pro

Like Tree9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-10-2018, 07:26 PM   #331
Master Member

Personally, I did no such thing. The only thing I did was to undervolt it using XTU, so now the fan almost never turns on, and the whole thing runs a lot cooler (and very very quiet). The whole 7-9 second boot time still amazes me, every time I switch it on.

Also, in case some people here don't know, default is set to Function key on, then only can use F1-F12. You can actually remap/swap the button to be Function on then can use the Function Keys. It's in the Huawei app on the laptop.
I'm using XTU as well.
However despite I apply and saved, the setting will revert back to original after some restart of com.

https://bradshacks.com/matebook-x-pro-throttling/

Under Guide section, he use throttlestop.
LIN_JOEL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 12:50 AM   #332
Arch-Supremacy Member

Guys, just for your info.
If u happens to get a Toshiba XG5 SSD and could not bear with the slow write speed due to windows update issue, u can change to another SSD.
I'm using Samsung 970 Pro with it right now and doing a clean installation of OS, so far no issue detected :p

Remember to create a Window Boot disk first and download Huawei Drivers from the web.
Do u partition your 1tb drive or maintain only 1 partion?
Tuakong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 10:46 AM   #333
Master Member

Do u partition your 1tb drive or maintain only 1 partion?
Mine 500GB, clean install 1 partition. unless got hidden partition that I cannot see or create by system.
LIN_JOEL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 05:31 PM   #334
Arch-Supremacy Member

Does the latest Win 10 Pro 1809 support fingerprint recognition?

Just received my 970 Pro 1tb today
The matebook will arrive at cgw tonite though
Will arrange for express shipping
Old 12-10-2018, 07:41 PM   #335

Does the latest Win 10 Pro 1809 support fingerprint recognition?

Just received my 970 Pro 1tb today
The matebook will arrive at cgw tonite though
Will arrange for express shipping
feedback on noise and heat.. after you make the swap... !! thanks!!
Old 15-10-2018, 11:15 AM   #336

matebook x pro i7 512GB 16GB

I got a brand new sealed model from "chaplangkarangguni" seller on Caroselle for S$2450 which is reasonably good considering exchange rate for USD1700.

So far so good.....loving the small bezel large 13.9" screen.

Am a MacBook Pro user actually impressed with the build of this laptop. Will install MacOS as a VM on this laptop....
obiwan_sg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2018, 11:19 AM   #337
Arch-Supremacy Member

I got a brand new sealed model from "chaplangkarangguni" seller on Caroselle for S$2450 which is reasonably good considering exchange rate for USD1700.

Am a MacBook Pro user actually impressed with the build of this laptop. Will install MacOS as a VM on this laptop....
Thanks will avoid buying from you
gnowyx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2018, 05:45 PM   #338
Arch-Supremacy Member

Anyone applied new thermal paste on their x Pro cpu n gpu?
Got difference?
Old 16-10-2018, 06:56 PM   #339

Hello all I am thinking of getting a Matebook X Pro i5 thru a friend from Shanghai. Was wondering if I need the version with the discrete graphics card?

My primary concern is battery life, to do work on MS PPT and Word and net browsing in general. The integrated card would suffice right?
suxalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:27 AM   #340

Will Huawei bring in the laptop to Singapore? They just announce to bring in matebook X pro and matebook d together with new phone mate 20 to Malaysia.
tyanlin82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:38 PM   #341

Hello all I am thinking of getting a Matebook X Pro i5 thru a friend from Shanghai. Was wondering if I need the version with the discrete graphics card?

My primary concern is battery life, to do work on MS PPT and Word and net browsing in general. The integrated card would suffice right?
If you're only using it for those, then the integrated graphics card should be sufficient. I bought the i7 one, not because of the MX150, but rather for the 16GB ram and extra ssd storage (though you can just swap out a larger ssd on your own ah), since I need the extra ram, due to the kind of programming work I'm doing.

The battery life, for me personally, is quite great.

Will Huawei bring in the laptop to Singapore? They just announce to bring in matebook X pro and matebook d together with new phone mate 20 to Malaysia.

Don't think so. I've emailed them in the past about it, but they said they have no updates yet. Maybe you can email them now. They might have a different answer.
tutonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:48 PM   #342

Thanks bro, for the reply.

Can I ask a further question - was your i7 model purchased from the US or China? I read online that some users had difficulties with the fingerprint sensor after they did a clean install of English Windows 10 home via the USB Media Tool.

If you're only using it for those, then the integrated graphics card should be sufficient. I bought the i7 one, not because of the MX150, but rather for the 16GB ram and extra ssd storage (though you can just swap out a larger ssd on your own ah), since I need the extra ram, due to the kind of programming work I'm doing.

The battery life, for me personally, is quite great.

Don't think so. I've emailed them in the past about it, but they said they have no updates yet. Maybe you can email them now. They might have a different answer.
suxalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:18 PM   #343

It is not even 1.7k USD where did you get that figure from. With educational pricing about 1.349k
The seller doesn’t even provide any receipt if the buyer want to claim warranty on their own.
Please avoid.

ksksksks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:30 PM   #344

Can I ask a further question - was your i7 model purchased from the US or China? I read online that some users had difficulties with the fingerprint sensor after they did a clean install of English Windows 10 home via the USB Media Tool.

Mine is the US set. I didn't do clean install ah. Signature edition mah, no bloatware other than the Huawei pc control/settings app thingy.
tutonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:40 PM   #345
Arch-Supremacy Member

Damn
Doing clean install with w10 Pro Will remove the fingerprint feature?
My x Pro arriving on Fri from US

Anyone using w10 Pro?
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.