Huawei Matebook X Pro

plainsman

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Been following this laptop keenly past month or so.

https://www.amazon.com/hz/reviews-r...R/ref=cm_cr_othr_mb_paging_btm_3?pageNumber=1

Alot of owners hv reported heat issues.. This laptop runs hot 40-50c surfing n 70 gaming...

We all know no.1 killer of computer parts is heat

This might just be deal breaker

Pls all try to look out for more resources or reviews online regarding this

Just sharing

Also, amazon link above has alot of folks who ordered almost 2 mths n hv yet to receive

Last edited:

katty91

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

https://www.amazon.com/hz/reviews-r...R/ref=cm_cr_othr_mb_paging_btm_3?pageNumber=1

Alot of owners hv reported heat issues.. This laptop runs hot 40-50c surfing n 70 gaming...

Just sharing

Also, amazon link above has alot of folks who ordered almost 2 mths n hv yet to receive

those temperatures that u mentioned are quite normal temperatures..
and surprisingly good for an i7

not sure why u say a lot of users report heat problems as far as I see from the link that u have sent.. simple search of keyword like hot and heat. most of them are praising how laptop remained cool. only one review says that it does heat up once in awhile.

Last edited:

plainsman

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
those temperatures that u mentioned are quite normal temperatures..
and surprisingly good for an i7

not sure why u say a lot of users report heat problems as far as I see from the link that u have sent.. simple search of keyword like hot and heat. most of them are praising how laptop remained cool. only one review says that it does heat up once in awhile.

I also hope to be wrong

Wish theres a display set can try it out physically

I think 2nd or 3rd review says theres
- coil whine
- fan is constantly on
- heat dissipation issues
- thermal design cld be better

Saw youtube reviews and was so wowed by all the good stuff. Any local owners pls share ur experiences too cheers

katty91

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I also hope to be wrong

Wish theres a display set can try it out physically

I think 2nd or 3rd review says theres
- coil whine
- fan is constantly on
- heat dissipation issues
- thermal design cld be better

Saw youtube reviews and was so wowed by all the good stuff. Any local owners pls share ur experiences too cheers

will review when i get my hands on my sets
youtube reviews are one of the reasons why i decided to buy 2 sets for myself and my hubby
dolby atmos sound and the 3k display screen are dope

plainsman

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
will review when i get my hands on my sets
youtube reviews are one of the reasons why i decided to buy 2 sets for myself and my hubby
dolby atmos sound and the 3k display screen are dope

Tks! Yup screen looks so good. 13.9" in 13" form factor, v slim bezels and brightness 400+ nits. One thing i rly dislike is v dim displays

lorettatay

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Dunno when ms will stock up on the i7 models.

Sent from Samsung SM-G965F using GAGT

lorettatay

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
should be late august but i do not dare to ship in on my own. later damage or battery can’t clear
Same as u get from that seller in carousell. Anything wrong I don't think he will refund.

tutonic

Reaction score
So he will help u to send back for warranty if anything happens ?

Unlikely that it's the case. You're simply paying extra to buy the export set locally, because you're having second thoughts about the delivery portion. If you don't really mind waiting on delivery and are brave enough, might as well just purchase directly through a forwarding service, like what others here have done.

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Just sharing

Heat is definitely going to be an issue with very thin laptops. In fact, the numbers you mentioned sounds better than expected. Is that referring to the laptop surface temps or the actual CPU temps? I suspect the laptop may also be transferring some heat to the chassis, which will cause the surface temps to be quite high.
Couple more things you will need to consider are, what is the ambient temp and where did the user put the laptop, i.e. is it on the bed where the vents are blocked. These things will not be mentioned by most, but will determine how hot the laptop will run. Try looking out for some video reviews.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.