www.hardwarezone.com.sg


www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   Notebook Clinic (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/notebook-clinic-77/)
-   -   Huawei Matebook X Pro (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/notebook-clinic-77/huawei-matebook-x-pro-5835208.html)

tutonic 23-05-2018 09:17 PM

Huawei Matebook X Pro
 
The laptop just got released in US - finally - at around US$1700 for the i7/16/512/mx150 variant. I really like the 3x2 aspect ratio and the overall look of the new matebook from Huawei. There has been no word as to whether this will be coming to SG.

So I am gathering opinions on whether it'd be worth it/safe to buy it from the US and ship it to Singapore through a forwarder service of some kind? Obviously the warranty won't be valid in Singapore.

Thoughts anyone?

obichacha 23-05-2018 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tutonic (Post 114556625)
The laptop just got released in US - finally - at around US$1700 for the i7/16/512/mx150 variant. I really like the 3x2 aspect ratio and the overall look of the new matebook from Huawei. There has been no word as to whether this will be coming to SG.

So I am gathering opinions on whether it'd be worth it/safe to buy it from the US and ship it to Singapore through a forwarder service of some kind? Obviously the warranty won't be valid in Singapore.

Thoughts anyone?

Good laptop but no any warranty cover or change parts :s22:

ander846 29-05-2018 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by obichacha (Post 114556768)
Good laptop but no any warranty cover or change parts :s22:

Yeah i also saw in another hwz thread that huawei sg told him no international warranty.

Btw, which website are u all buying the matebook x pro from? The cheapest i see is on newegg.com i think, the price:
1 item(s): S$2,370.78
Estimated Duty: S$191.36
Estimated Shipping:S$31.03
Estimated Total:
S$2,593.17

Im also very tempted to buy this, seems like the build quality and screen is the best out there

tutonic 30-05-2018 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ander846 (Post 114652067)
Yeah i also saw in another hwz thread that huawei sg told him no international warranty.

Btw, which website are u all buying the matebook x pro from? The cheapest i see is on newegg.com i think, the price:
1 item(s): S$2,370.78
Estimated Duty: S$191.36
Estimated Shipping:S$31.03
Estimated Total:
S$2,593.17

Im also very tempted to buy this, seems like the build quality and screen is the best out there

Hey. Yeah, the build quality, screen and its aspect ratio is really tempting. I've also just checked again with Huawei SG and they still cannot confirm if it's coming to SG.

Quote:

Thank you for contacting Huawei.

Pertaining your inquiry, please be informed that we haven't received any information of new Matebook release in Singapore, please stay tuned on Huawei Singapore Facebook page.
Anyone else have experience with importing laptop from US without warranty? My only worry is that I damn suay and end up DOA or something like that. Really burn $2k.

watzup_ken 30-05-2018 10:04 PM

Not worth to spend that much money for something with no warranty. For that money, there are plenty of good enough alternatives.

xXxJavierxXx 04-06-2018 06:19 PM

Hopefully huawei bring this to singapore!

Thinker 07-06-2018 07:49 PM

Donít buy laptops without warranty.

ccmheoa 16-06-2018 02:31 AM

I ordered 1 from Microsoft USA i7 version stil waiting fo shipment.
Us$1349

Quote:

Originally Posted by tutonic (Post 114556625)
The laptop just got released in US - finally - at around US$1700 for the i7/16/512/mx150 variant. I really like the 3x2 aspect ratio and the overall look of the new matebook from Huawei. There has been no word as to whether this will be coming to SG.

So I am gathering opinions on whether it'd be worth it/safe to buy it from the US and ship it to Singapore through a forwarder service of some kind? Obviously the warranty won't be valid in Singapore.

Thoughts anyone?


rugal_einstein 16-06-2018 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ccmheoa (Post 114963190)
I ordered 1 from Microsoft USA i7 version stil waiting fo shipment.
Us$1349

ship via forwarder?

ccmheoa 16-06-2018 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rugal_einstein (Post 114969184)
ship via forwarder?

Yup Going to ship via comgateway

tutonic 16-06-2018 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ccmheoa (Post 114972163)
Yup Going to ship via comgateway

Quote:

Originally Posted by ccmheoa (Post 114963190)
I ordered 1 from Microsoft USA i7 version stil waiting fo shipment.
Us$1349

Do keep us updated when you receive it.
The only issue is the US-pin charger but since it uses usb-c to charge, can simply buy those 45w usb-c charger from lazada.

The microsoft store got updated with new stock, priced at 1499 for the i7. With shipping fee, should be just a little over 2k sgd. Very tempting.

ccmheoa 16-06-2018 11:05 PM

Yup sure, Actually once you factor in shipment and gst , it is going to above 2K ... but well you can’t buy any laptop on the market now with just 2K that has this kind of specs.

3:2 format is great!
Power shouldn’t be a problem since it used usbc charging, this means usbc power banks will work as well.

I saw the surface book 2, but it’s disgusting that the basic model at 2188 isn’t even 8th gen. Same goes for the surface laptop still 7th gen. I might have gone for a surface laptop if it had been a 8th gen.

One thing for sure , even if they sell in Singapore it’s not going to be at the price I’m paying....

bellavez83 17-06-2018 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ccmheoa (Post 114979059)
Yup sure, Actually once you factor in shipment and gst , it is going to above 2K ... but well you canít buy any laptop on the market now with just 2K that has this kind of specs.

3:2 format is great!
Power shouldnít be a problem since it used usbc charging, this means usbc power banks will work as well.

I saw the surface book 2, but itís disgusting that the basic model at 2188 isnít even 8th gen. Same goes for the surface laptop still 7th gen. I might have gone for a surface laptop if it had been a 8th gen.

One thing for sure , even if they sell in Singapore itís not going to be at the price Iím paying....

out of curiosity, did you manage to order from the microsoft.com site? I tried to buy using comgateway and alternative forwarder services (MyUs, etc) and order never goes through. Contacted MS and they told me they wont ship to forwarders; MyUs has separately confirmed this.
So was curious to know if you found a workaround?
Thanks!

watzup_ken 17-06-2018 09:32 PM

3:2 is a great aspect ratio, that I agree. I am using a Lenovo Miix 720 and I like the aspect ratio myself.

I don't deny that buying it locally will not be cheap, but buying a laptop for more than 2 grand without warranty is a big risk.

xXxJavierxXx 18-06-2018 01:16 AM

Anyone adventurous enough to buy from taobao?


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 09:59 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright © SPH Magazines Pte Ltd. All rights reserved.