Huawei Matebook X Pro

tutonic

Reaction score
The laptop just got released in US - finally - at around US$1700 for the i7/16/512/mx150 variant. I really like the 3x2 aspect ratio and the overall look of the new matebook from Huawei. There has been no word as to whether this will be coming to SG.

So I am gathering opinions on whether it'd be worth it/safe to buy it from the US and ship it to Singapore through a forwarder service of some kind? Obviously the warranty won't be valid in Singapore.

Thoughts anyone?

obichacha

Reaction score
The laptop just got released in US - finally - at around US$1700 for the i7/16/512/mx150 variant. I really like the 3x2 aspect ratio and the overall look of the new matebook from Huawei. There has been no word as to whether this will be coming to SG.

So I am gathering opinions on whether it'd be worth it/safe to buy it from the US and ship it to Singapore through a forwarder service of some kind? Obviously the warranty won't be valid in Singapore.

Thoughts anyone?

Good laptop but no any warranty cover or change parts :s22:

ander846

Reaction score
Good laptop but no any warranty cover or change parts :s22:

Yeah i also saw in another hwz thread that huawei sg told him no international warranty.

Btw, which website are u all buying the matebook x pro from? The cheapest i see is on newegg.com i think, the price:
1 item(s): S$2,370.78
Estimated Duty: S$191.36
Estimated Shipping:S$31.03
Estimated Total:
S$2,593.17

Im also very tempted to buy this, seems like the build quality and screen is the best out there

tutonic

Reaction score
Yeah i also saw in another hwz thread that huawei sg told him no international warranty.

Btw, which website are u all buying the matebook x pro from? The cheapest i see is on newegg.com i think, the price:
1 item(s): S$2,370.78
Estimated Duty: S$191.36
Estimated Shipping:S$31.03
Estimated Total:
S$2,593.17

Im also very tempted to buy this, seems like the build quality and screen is the best out there

Hey. Yeah, the build quality, screen and its aspect ratio is really tempting. I've also just checked again with Huawei SG and they still cannot confirm if it's coming to SG.

Thank you for contacting Huawei.

Pertaining your inquiry, please be informed that we haven't received any information of new Matebook release in Singapore, please stay tuned on Huawei Singapore Facebook page.

Anyone else have experience with importing laptop from US without warranty? My only worry is that I damn suay and end up DOA or something like that. Really burn $2k.

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not worth to spend that much money for something with no warranty. For that money, there are plenty of good enough alternatives.

ccmheoa

Master Member
Reaction score
I ordered 1 from Microsoft USA i7 version stil waiting fo shipment.
Us$1349

Thoughts anyone?

tutonic

Reaction score
Yup Going to ship via comgateway

I ordered 1 from Microsoft USA i7 version stil waiting fo shipment.
Us$1349

Do keep us updated when you receive it.
The only issue is the US-pin charger but since it uses usb-c to charge, can simply buy those 45w usb-c charger from lazada.

The microsoft store got updated with new stock, priced at 1499 for the i7. With shipping fee, should be just a little over 2k sgd. Very tempting.

ccmheoa

Master Member
Reaction score
Yup sure, Actually once you factor in shipment and gst , it is going to above 2K ... but well you can’t buy any laptop on the market now with just 2K that has this kind of specs.

3:2 format is great!
Power shouldn’t be a problem since it used usbc charging, this means usbc power banks will work as well.

I saw the surface book 2, but it’s disgusting that the basic model at 2188 isn’t even 8th gen. Same goes for the surface laptop still 7th gen. I might have gone for a surface laptop if it had been a 8th gen.

One thing for sure , even if they sell in Singapore it’s not going to be at the price I’m paying....

bellavez83

Reaction score
Yup sure, Actually once you factor in shipment and gst , it is going to above 2K ... but well you can’t buy any laptop on the market now with just 2K that has this kind of specs.

3:2 format is great!
Power shouldn’t be a problem since it used usbc charging, this means usbc power banks will work as well.

I saw the surface book 2, but it’s disgusting that the basic model at 2188 isn’t even 8th gen. Same goes for the surface laptop still 7th gen. I might have gone for a surface laptop if it had been a 8th gen.

One thing for sure , even if they sell in Singapore it’s not going to be at the price I’m paying....

out of curiosity, did you manage to order from the microsoft.com site? I tried to buy using comgateway and alternative forwarder services (MyUs, etc) and order never goes through. Contacted MS and they told me they wont ship to forwarders; MyUs has separately confirmed this.
So was curious to know if you found a workaround?
Thanks!

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
3:2 is a great aspect ratio, that I agree. I am using a Lenovo Miix 720 and I like the aspect ratio myself.

I don't deny that buying it locally will not be cheap, but buying a laptop for more than 2 grand without warranty is a big risk.

ccmheoa

Master Member
Reaction score
3:2 is a great aspect ratio, that I agree. I am using a Lenovo Miix 720 and I like the aspect ratio myself.

I don't deny that buying it locally will not be cheap, but buying a laptop for more than 2 grand without warranty is a big risk.

Touch wood I have Bought 10 over Laptops so far it’s been good.... worst case can send back to USA I suppose

I saw the miix 720 , but nowdays it’s basically no thin vezel no talk .... haha

ccmheoa

Master Member
Reaction score
out of curiosity, did you manage to order from the microsoft.com site? I tried to buy using comgateway and alternative forwarder services (MyUs, etc) and order never goes through. Contacted MS and they told me they wont ship to forwarders; MyUs has separately confirmed this.
So was curious to know if you found a workaround?
Thanks!

Hmm I didn’t know this, I was charged the amount on my credit card ....otherwise can wait for amazon?

tutonic

Reaction score
Just throwing it out there. If you have to pick between the Matebook X Pro and the X1C 6th gen, if both are the same price, which would you go for? The reason for this is that I can kind of get the X1C at roughly the same price as the Matebook through my organisation (at around 2k+).The upside is that lenovo has the warranty support for 3 years. However, the Matebook has that gorgeous display and aspect ratio.

Keen on opinions.

ccmheoa

Master Member
Reaction score
Just throwing it out there. If you have to pick between the Matebook X Pro and the X1C 6th gen, if both are the same price, which would you go for? The reason for this is that I can kind of get the X1C at roughly the same price as the Matebook through my organisation (at around 2k+).The upside is that lenovo has the warranty support for 3 years. However, the Matebook has that gorgeous display and aspect ratio.

Keen on opinions.

I’ll prefer the Huawei due to the 3:2 factor
And 91% bezel to screen ratio

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.