HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Lenovo charge extra after full payment paid.

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-07-2020, 12:05 PM   #1
Arch-Supremacy Member

Lenovo charge extra after full payment paid.

For those person who order online from Lenovo Singapore.

After you have paid full amount on the invoice, do they still charge you extra when an item have been shipped out.

The extra charges was not shown on the actual invoice. The email reply is

"Lenovo reserves authorization before shipment and we won’t charge customers’ payment until the
products are shipped out from plant to protect customers’ credit card using security. And we only charge you once on each shipment."

It mean I have to pay more than what the invoice is shown.

Any help will be appreciated. Thank you.
Yellowfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2020, 02:31 PM   #2
Master Member

What extra charge. Whatever is the payable amount is charged to your card only
Cookie Muncher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2020, 02:41 PM   #3
Arch-Supremacy Member

What extra charge. Whatever is the payable amount is charged to your card only
The next day, there was a extra charge of SGD92.15 after an email have sent that a shipment of the docking system have been send.

There was no mention what is this SGD92.15 charge as what.

There is no invoice of the SGD92.15 that was charge to my cc.

Do they charge SGD92.15 for every parts ship out. If it does mean I am paying more than the quoted price of the notebook.

PS. Dell don't charge me extra. The quoted price is the exact amount.

I wonder should I call my bank to stop payment of this charges as Lenovo did not sent an invoice of this charges.

PS. Shipping charges and GST already paid, also the full amount already paid upon check out.

Last edited by Yellowfin; 11-07-2020 at 02:45 PM..
Old 11-07-2020, 07:39 PM   #4

There was no mention what is this SGD92.15 charge as what.

There is no invoice of the SGD92.15 that was charge to my cc.
There should be a reason for additional charge. If I am u, I will not accept this for no valid reason.

How can a company, happily sold something stated online and next charge another amount for no reason? Go to the facebook n question them or call them. If there is a 7 days return, just send it back then go to CASE and report this.
natas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2020, 10:54 PM   #5
Arch-Supremacy Member

There should be a reason for additional charge. If I am u, I will not accept this for no valid reason.

How can a company, happily sold something stated online and next charge another amount for no reason? Go to the facebook n question them or call them. If there is a 7 days return, just send it back then go to CASE and report this.
Thank you.

They just reply that I have authorise them to charge the credit card each time they send the items. But I already pay the full amount online.

If anyone had order online from Lenovo, do they charge you when they sent each item separately even after full payment is done online.

Last edited by Yellowfin; 11-07-2020 at 10:59 PM..
Old 12-07-2020, 12:06 AM   #6

you probably didn't check before you check out.. the docking system is included in your purchase.

The best thing to do now is.
1) Check your invoice if indeed there is a docking system included in your purchase
2) inform CS via email that you will be rejecting the parcel and u expect a full refund for that docking system due to obvious reason (U don't need it, an order placed unintentionally)

If u don't reject the parcel, the refund will take up to 2 months. as it will take YEARS (Those typical CS won't be able to contact tiong nam efficiently to arrange to pick up, need to involve more relevant department which cost MORE time) for Lenovo to contact tiong nam to collect the unwanted stuff back..
Old 12-07-2020, 01:44 PM   #7
Arch-Supremacy Member

you probably didn't check before you check out.. the docking system is included in your purchase.

The best thing to do now is.
1) Check your invoice if indeed there is a docking system included in your purchase
2) inform CS via email that you will be rejecting the parcel and u expect a full refund for that docking system due to obvious reason (U don't need it, an order placed unintentionally)

If u don't reject the parcel, the refund will take up to 2 months. as it will take YEARS (Those typical CS won't be able to contact tiong nam efficiently to arrange to pick up, need to involve more relevant department which cost MORE time) for Lenovo to contact tiong nam to collect the unwanted stuff back..
I have order the docking item, now they are refering this to the SEA payment side for the amount being charge.

I pay SGD$400+ for the docking system in full and yet they still charge me extra SGD92.15.

Hope next week they will have an answer to my query.

If I have know Lenovo is so screw up on payment I would have not buy from them.
Old 12-07-2020, 02:43 PM   #8
Arch-Supremacy Member

in the tax invoice issued by Lenovo to you, the item that they charged (excluding gst) and amount of gst need to be shown clearly on the tax invoice. it is a tax law to comply. you can refer to iras website.

lenovo cannot issue a tax invoice of $3k and then on top of it there is an additional item of $92.15 which you are unaware and not sure what it is for. If can do like that then how is IRAS going to charge gst on this unknown item?

[/SIZE]
Biogentic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2020, 03:12 PM   #9
Arch-Supremacy Member

in the tax invoice issued by Lenovo to you, the item that they charged (excluding gst) and amount of gst need to be shown clearly on the tax invoice. it is a tax law to comply. you can refer to iras website.

lenovo cannot issue a tax invoice of $3k and then on top of it there is an additional item of $92.15 which you are unaware and not sure what it is for. If can do like that then how is IRAS going to charge gst on this unknown item?
The problem is the item already in the invoice and GST included the full payment, There no invoice of $92.15. Not sure what is the charges of $92.15.

Now the support asking the SEA payment side of this charges, where it is from.
Old 12-07-2020, 11:27 PM   #10

Dont worry, just email them every single day and demand the refund.. else 2021 your money still stuck with them.
Old 13-07-2020, 12:05 AM   #11
Arch-Supremacy Member

The problem is the item already in the invoice and GST included the full payment, There no invoice of $92.15. Not sure what is the charges of $92.15.

Now the support asking the SEA payment side of this charges, where it is from.
no worries... i see you have a strong case, because of gst compliance tax law, they are not able to charge this item out of no way, if not how to account for t he output tax?

[/SIZE]
Old 13-07-2020, 12:25 AM   #12
Arch-Supremacy Member

GOD, they still comes back to me that saying I have authorise them to charge to the cc when the item have been send.

The $92.15 seem like the normal for them. But where is the invoice which they cannot produce so far.

If they only charge the items when it ship, I don't understand then why their website insist that I have to pay full amount before the order is accepted.

They sent me this link to explain their position.

https://www.lenovo.com/sg/en/faqs/sh...pDbzDp5cJRlXOw

Last edited by Yellowfin; 13-07-2020 at 12:29 AM..
Old 13-07-2020, 05:16 AM   #13
Arch-Supremacy Member

GOD, they still comes back to me that saying I have authorise them to charge to the cc when the item have been send.

The $92.15 seem like the normal for them. But where is the invoice which they cannot produce so far.

If they only charge the items when it ship, I don't understand then why their website insist that I have to pay full amount before the order is accepted.

Actually it is a norm for online companies to reserve an amount from the cc prior to shipping out the item but the amount reserve has always been the same as the order amount. Have never experience order amount different from charged amount upon shipped out
Old 13-07-2020, 09:13 AM   #14

If the final price listed online that u should pay, then that should be the final. If every business does this hidden cost, customer will lose out. Further without invoice or receipt. Again, if I am u and with valid reason, I won't let it rest. I will post in their facebook, look for CASE to resolve this. I will cancel my CC and get a new. Just in case, they happily deduct another dunno what cost.

Last edited by natas; 13-07-2020 at 09:20 AM..
natas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2020, 09:25 AM   #15
Arch-Supremacy Member

The following seems to be the relevant portion of the FAQ page:

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

When Will my credit card get charged?
When you place your order, Lenovo requests authorization to charge the order amount from your credit card company.

You may see multiple authorization lines if you ordered more than one item.

Lenovo reserves the amount on your card until the items are available to ship.

Your card will be charged at the time of shipment.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

So I guess the following are questions one could ask:

1) Was your credit card charged at the point of shipping? You can verify by checking the charge date and time if you activated SMS alert for your credit card. And check the shipping notice from Lenovo. I think you should get a notice in your Lenovo account or via email or SMS.

2) Since your invoice is itemized, then there should be an item that costs $92.15. If there isn't such a line, as you have been saying, check your shipping notice so see if everything has been shipped in one package. There might be something they shipped separately and got stuck hence the charge.

3) If all is in order, then you can get your bank to stop the charge. If it turns out later that there is a valid reason to pay that amount, you can simply re-authorize the bank to pay that when Lenovo sends you the charge form and invoice.

Just my thoughts on the situation...
eting72 likes this.
Teo Ming Ern is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.