Lenovo Ideapad L340- 15IRH (for work & light gaming)

Intel888

Master Member
Reaction score
Any difference between the l340 gaming and l340 build your own??

Sent from From Power of LOVE using GAGT

L340 Build your own does not have 7200RPM Harddrive option.

Bros here can give your opinion? Which would you choose?
7200 RPM Harddrive + 8GB RAM
or
5400 RPM Harddrive + 16GB RAM

Hayate84

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No difference i guess, it's on the same page.

Anyway i just ordered mine. Here's the customised specs i picked.

● Intel Core i5-9300H Processor (8MB Cache, up to 4.10 GHz)
● Windows 10 Home 64
● Microsoft Office Trial
● 16GB DDR4 2400MHz SoDIMM Onboard
● 1TB Hard Drive, 5400RPM, 2.5", 7mm
● 256GB Solid State Drive,M.2 2242, NVMe,TLC
● 15.6" FHD (1920x1080), IPS, 250nits, Anti-glare, No touch
● NVIDIA GeForce GTX1050 3GB GDDR5 96bit
● Keyboard Backlit Black English

Cost me $1097 after eCoupon, think after shopback 9% if successful (not too sure because apply eCoupon might not pass shopback?) my final spending is $998? Less than 1k for this really sweet deal for me. Hoping it arrives within next week.

Oh yeah, not forgetting CC rebates for shopping. Really good :s13:
What ecoupon did u use may I ask?

meesoto

Reaction score
It's not stated if they're giving you 1x16GB or 2x8GB if you order 16GB RAM but either way there's not much real world difference. I would take 16GB over the 7200RPM drive because if they give you 2x8GB, at least you're getting a matched pair rather than you having to source a single 8GB should you want to upgrade in future. 2.5" 7200RPM are plentiful and prices look to drop as time goes by.

Just checked: Dynacore SRP for WD Black 1TB 7200RPM 2.5" is $129

https://www.dynacoretech.com/index....k-Drive-7200-RPM-SATA-6Gbs-32MB-Cache-25-Inch

L340 Build your own does not have 7200RPM Harddrive option.

Bros here can give your opinion? Which would you choose?
7200 RPM Harddrive + 8GB RAM
or
5400 RPM Harddrive + 16GB RAM

Last edited:

petshijie

Reaction score
It's not stated if they're giving you 1x16GB or 2x8GB if you order 16GB RAM but either way there's not much real world difference. I would take 16GB over the 7200RPM drive because if they give you 2x8GB, at least you're getting a matched pair rather than you having to source a single 8GB should you want to upgrade in future. 2.5" 7200RPM are plentiful and prices look to drop as time goes by.

Just checked: Dynacore SRP for WD Black 1TB 7200RPM 2.5" is $129

https://www.dynacoretech.com/index....k-Drive-7200-RPM-SATA-6Gbs-32MB-Cache-25-Inch

Yeah agreed. Buying Ram is much better than drive since it's unknown about 1 or 2 ram stick they're putting. If I'm not wrong, shopee has good tech deals on the drive. Just look out for it if you aren't urgent.

What ecoupon did u use may I ask?

I pm you instead! Check your inbox

tjrsasea

Reaction score
Can those who got their laptops post some real life photos? :D this model is so new that no one did an actual review on it yet 😣 would be good if you guys can provide some comments on the performance with the i7 model and if it thermal throttle

tjrsasea

Reaction score
oh and does anyone know if the battery ia different between the customisable option and the pre configured version?

the customisable one is 3 cell cylindrical smt, 45wh? the pre configured one is 3cell lipo or smt iirc.. its advertised up to 9 hrs of battery life which is almoat impossible with just 45wh..

Intel888

Master Member
Reaction score
oh and does anyone know if the battery ia different between the customisable option and the pre configured version?

the customisable one is 3 cell cylindrical smt, 45wh? the pre configured one is 3cell lipo or smt iirc.. its advertised up to 9 hrs of battery life which is almoat impossible with just 45wh..

I suspect as long as it is L340 gaming customise, the battery and shell is the same as the pre-configured machines.

I've checked and if you are on the page with L340 gaming and click the option to customise, you won't get the optical drive that comes with L340 (non-gaming) machine.

They should have just labelled the customise option as L340 (gaming) customise.

Intel888

Master Member
Reaction score
Yeah agreed. Buying Ram is much better than drive since it's unknown about 1 or 2 ram stick they're putting. If I'm not wrong, shopee has good tech deals on the drive. Just look out for it if you aren't urgent.]

I'll just get what is available without too much trouble.
Lovely if I have the time to customise a machine myself.
Maybe in the future. Totally ideal, can put in whatever i want :s13:

petshijie

Reaction score
I suspect as long as it is L340 gaming customise, the battery and shell is the same as the pre-configured machines.

I've checked and if you are on the page with L340 gaming and click the option to customise, you won't get the optical drive that comes with L340 (non-gaming) machine.

I don't see it anywhere that mention ODD on the l340 gaming page. Hmm yeah they should just put all the model there as L340 (gaming) and not cause confusion to customers. Anyway best to chat up with their agent for better clarification.

There's not much to customise for laptop, especially if you still want to retain warranty by the manufacturer. Would best to do that once you past the warranty period.

Can those who got their laptops post some real life photos? :D this model is so new that no one did an actual review on it yet ****************** would be good if you guys can provide some comments on the performance with the i7 model and if it thermal throttle

Once i received my laptop, i will post some photos and a quick review here. Mine isn't the i7 model and i not sure if i will experience with thermal throttle (newbie at setting it) but i will try gaming it for awhile, maybe on mid-specs just to see what's my frame rate like on FPS game ;)

Edit: Just got notified that my cashback is recorded. $98 from that 9% cashback. Luckily didn't go down CEE show for the laptops.

Last edited:

minyang

Reaction score
You can google PSREF L340-15IRH to see the spec.

16GB max offering / 2400MHz DDR4, optional 4GB memory soldered to systemboard, one DDR4 SO-DIMM socket

tjrsasea

Reaction score

I see.. cos for the l340 gaming laptop model page where you can choose pre configured models or customise your own parts, the battery is labelled differently so i thought of asking here to see if anyone knows abt it haha

tjrsasea

Reaction score
I don't see it anywhere that mention ODD on the l340 gaming page. Hmm yeah they should just put all the model there as L340 (gaming) and not cause confusion to customers. Anyway best to chat up with their agent for better clarification.

There's not much to customise for laptop, especially if you still want to retain warranty by the manufacturer. Would best to do that once you past the warranty period.

Once i received my laptop, i will post some photos and a quick review here. Mine isn't the i7 model and i not sure if i will experience with thermal throttle (newbie at setting it) but i will try gaming it for awhile, maybe on mid-specs just to see what's my frame rate like on FPS game ;)

Edit: Just got notified that my cashback is recorded. $98 from that 9% cashback. Luckily didn't go down CEE show for the laptops.

Nice cashback! Able to stack with lenovo's promocode? the one you get with the spin at their page?

thanks for the photos and review in advance :) tho probably will get before end of the 9% cashback ends

tjrsasea

Reaction score

16GB max offering / 2400MHz DDR4, optional 4GB memory soldered to systemboard, one DDR4 SO-DIMM socket

seems like you guys were right, the battery is the same capacity no matter if its preconfigured or customised.. according to the specs sheet, its 45wh. Dk how lenovo got to 9hrs battery life for a laptop with 45wh battery. with its i7 model i am hoping for at least 2 hours of editing or at least 4 hours of light work

petshijie

Reaction score

Wow thanks for finding that out! They should put this up on the product page so its easier to reference from.

Nice cashback! Able to stack with lenovo's promocode? the one you get with the spin at their page?

thanks for the photos and review in advance :) tho probably will get before end of the 9% cashback ends

Yeah, I applied eCoupon (lenovo promo code) first and with shopback cashback turn on. Anyway i got better discounts from lenovo chat agent rather than the spin wheel. You should chat up with them and see if they can provide you with discounts. Credits to intel888 bro from telling me!

seems like you guys were right, the battery is the same capacity no matter if its preconfigured or customised.. according to the specs sheet, its 45wh. Dk how lenovo got to 9hrs battery life for a laptop with 45wh battery. with its i7 model i am hoping for at least 2 hours of editing or at least 4 hours of light work

9 hrs is the maximum battery life that the computer can hold under everything setting to lowest (brightness, the minimum program running on memory, etc) . i7 core runs at higher performance and eats up more since it has 2 more core than the i5 (though not at a noticeable rate) but ideally if you're gaming this could make a really small slight difference.

I believe anywhere between 1.5 to 2 hours for heavy programs (game, vid edit) and 4 to 5 hours of normal work should be okay.

Hayate84

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys for sharing. Sorry as I'm using app, I don't check my inbox often. Cheers!

Extremme

Master Member
Reaction score
not sure if the battery needs conditioning haha...I received the laptop on Sat and did some normal working but does not seem very impressive when it comes to battery life and I am only turning it to half mark and not fully utilsiing the "performance" standard of the laptop and battery setting.

Well but it has a function for rapid charging.

My son tried to use it to play Fortnite and he was complaining that he can only turn the graphic to medium or something else it will lag. Ok I am not a pro..last time when I was young, I dont even use gaming laptops. Maybe I did not turn on the gaming mode which I dont even know how to do that.

tjrsasea

Reaction score
Wow thanks for finding that out! They should put this up on the product page so its easier to reference from.

Yeah, I applied eCoupon (lenovo promo code) first and with shopback cashback turn on. Anyway i got better discounts from lenovo chat agent rather than the spin wheel. You should chat up with them and see if they can provide you with discounts. Credits to intel888 bro from telling me!

9 hrs is the maximum battery life that the computer can hold under everything setting to lowest (brightness, the minimum program running on memory, etc) . i7 core runs at higher performance and eats up more since it has 2 more core than the i5 (though not at a noticeable rate) but ideally if you're gaming this could make a really small slight difference.

I believe anywhere between 1.5 to 2 hours for heavy programs (game, vid edit) and 4 to 5 hours of normal work should be okay.

wow, how much discount did you get from the chat agent? in terms of percentage hahaha 😁 feel free to pm if you dw to say it out publicly, am interested to know since i am getting it this week :D

tjrsasea

Reaction score

I realised you chose the i5 version of the l340 gaming.. hahaha still can choose to have 16gb of ram? I cannot tho, only can choose up to 16 when i7 is selected

petshijie

Reaction score
I realised you chose the i5 version of the l340 gaming.. hahaha still can choose to have 16gb of ram? I cannot tho, only can choose up to 16 when i7 is selected

Erm yeah, i have to deselect the 4gb RAM onboard, then i'm able to select 16gb RAM SoDimm. Here's my customised specs and the pricing i got. Not sure about i7 because i don't have intention of getting the i7 version.

w5T7AD5

wow, how much discount did you get from the chat agent? in terms of percentage hahaha 😁 feel free to pm if you dw to say it out publicly, am interested to know since i am getting it this week :D

Let me pm you.

Intel888

Master Member
Reaction score
@ tjrsasea: can pm me if you want code

Done with my order!

My Machine Configuration Details [Customise Option]

● Intel Core i7-9750H Processor (12MB Cache, up to 4.50GHz)
● 16GB DDR4 2400MHz SoDIMM
● 1TB Hard Drive, 5400RPM, 2.5", 7mm
● 256GB Solid State Drive,M.2 2242, NVMe,TLC
● 15.6" FHD (1920x1080), IPS, 250nits, Anti-glare, No touch
● NVIDIA GeForce GTX1050 3GB GDDR5 96bit
● Keyboard Backlit Black English

Thanks to the bros here, I got a nice price!
Looking forward to receive my new toy :s13:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.