HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Lenovo Legion Y530

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 31-10-2018, 06:11 PM   #16

To anyone who wish to get my Confiq at that price, it seems not possible now. The best one is selecting the $1564 model and I reduce everything to my config and I will get it at $1,011.50. You can try to factor in shopback. There seems to be a 6% shopback at the last option in shopback page.

**Also, the price I am stating is based on Student discount store.
Ah Ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2018, 06:23 PM   #17

To anyone who wish to get my Confiq at that price, it seems not possible now. The best one is selecting the $1564 model and I reduce everything to my config and I will get it at $1,011.50. You can try to factor in shopback. There seems to be a 6% shopback at the last option in shopback page.

thanks! didnt know lenovo has a partnership with shopback

would you be open to share your order number? see if I can contact lenovo and get them to offer the same price for the same specs :/
HolyInnocents is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 09:55 AM   #18

Tried online configuration, it says PCIe SSD.
Did not state NVMe.

After configure, at accessories, can add NVMe SSD. So I'm also confused by the options there.

Please let me know if it's NVMe or not.

Thanks
Bro, its NVMe SSD. Lenovo OEM: RPFTJ128PDD2EWX
zzxxzzxx likes this.
Old 09-11-2018, 10:32 AM   #19
High Supremacy Member

Tried entering logging into student acct, close it and then enter lenovo link via shopback, it didnt capture the student price. It followed the normal price. Even with 6% shopback, it is only a few dollars cheaper (for my selection of options). I rather get the student price coz i no need wait 75 days to cash out and must also ensure shopback is recorded.

Helped a fren select the following at $1141:

+3 yrs warranty, mouse and bag
Change to 1050ti 2gb
Change to 72% gamut screen
Change to 1tb hdd and no ssd
Change to AC 2x2 wireless

Will be buying adata sx6200 256gb ssd at $89 (after 12% from citi). Since it will be on offer on 11.11, it will go lower. Then help him clone over from hdd to ssd.
zzxxzzxx likes this.

Last edited by shadow84; 09-11-2018 at 10:35 AM..
shadow84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 12:58 AM   #20

Tried entering logging into student acct, close it and then enter lenovo link via shopback, it didnt capture the student price. It followed the normal price. Even with 6% shopback, it is only a few dollars cheaper (for my selection of options). I rather get the student price coz i no need wait 75 days to cash out and must also ensure shopback is recorded.

Helped a fren select the following at $1141:

+3 yrs warranty, mouse and bag
Change to 1050ti 2gb
Change to 72% gamut screen
Change to 1tb hdd and no ssd
Change to AC 2x2 wireless

Will be buying adata sx6200 256gb ssd at $89 (after 12% from citi). Since it will be on offer on 11.11, it will go lower. Then help him clone over from hdd to ssd.
student price works with lenovo leh. i tried, the cashback is in my shopback account now. just login to your student account accordingly after clicking on the shopback link

managed to buy the gaming mouse pad at $0.01 after emailing the sales person.

thinking of adding 2.5" internal hdd myself
Old 12-11-2018, 01:08 AM   #21

student price works with lenovo leh. i tried, the cashback is in my shopback account now. just login to your student account accordingly after clicking on the shopback link

managed to buy the gaming mouse pad at $0.01 after emailing the sales person.

thinking of adding 2.5" internal hdd myself
Did u manage to match my price?
Old 12-11-2018, 01:15 AM   #22

I have not add a 2.5 storage drive yet. Thinking of a 1TB ssd leh. Will retain the lenovo though.. I feel NVME drives are still quite pricey.

I would like to share those who owns or intending to get this laptop. This model can be quite prone to pressure marks. I think this is influence by the soft back cover of the screen. I carry to school in my school bag and got the depression marks. Just avoid doing that or have a protected compartment. Best is carry by hand-carry case.
Old 12-11-2018, 01:19 AM   #23

Did u manage to match my price?
nope i didnt

but they're giving out USD$200 worth of gaming vouchers now..$100 on voidu and $100 on plinga.

the voidu vouchers can be used on steam games...so not so bad lah
Old 12-11-2018, 01:21 AM   #24

I have not add a 2.5 storage drive yet. Thinking of a 1TB ssd leh. Will retain the lenovo though.. I feel NVME drives are still quite pricey.

I would like to share those who owns or intending to get this laptop. This model can be quite prone to pressure marks. I think this is influence by the soft back cover of the screen. I carry to school in my school bag and got the depression marks. Just avoid doing that or have a protected compartment. Best is carry by hand-carry case.
im thinking of 1tb ssd also...but price. shall wait till black friday to see what i can get. currently 1tb samsung ssd is $210 on amazon.

any idea what do i need to add the 2.5" storage? like hdd/sdd drive or something
Old 12-11-2018, 01:36 AM   #25

im thinking of 1tb ssd also...but price. shall wait till black friday to see what i can get. currently 1tb samsung ssd is $210 on amazon.

any idea what do i need to add the 2.5" storage? like hdd/sdd drive or something
Look for other brands too. Maybe ADATA

Use the ribbon cable given, then go to disk management to initialise the drive. Done!

I watch youtube guide on opening the bottom case. Just follow and also download the hardware manual to follow. Get those plastic pry tools.
Old 12-11-2018, 01:39 AM   #26

Look for other brands too. Maybe ADATA

Use the ribbon cable given, then go to disk management to initialise the drive. Done!

I watch youtube guide on opening the bottom case. Just follow and also download the hardware manual to follow. Get those plastic pry tools.
the other thread on lenovo y530 got this guy talking about 7mm and 9mm drive...idk what but he says the laptop only can take in 7mm one.

all ssd are 7mm i suppose?
Old 12-11-2018, 01:43 AM   #27

the other thread on lenovo y530 got this guy talking about 7mm and 9mm drive...idk what but he says the laptop only can take in 7mm one.

all ssd are 7mm i suppose?
Yes, so far its 7mm. I went to measure too. The only difference should be applied to hdd. 2.5 Hdd have the 2 size.

Was also think of using hdd instead since this laptop can use the optane memory
Old 12-11-2018, 01:49 AM   #28

Yes, so far its 7mm. I went to measure too. The only difference should be applied to hdd. 2.5 Hdd have the 2 size.

how does optane memory work?

i know that this laptop can use optane memory but it's not included in the configurations right?
Old 12-11-2018, 01:56 AM   #29

how does optane memory work?

i know that this laptop can use optane memory but it's not included in the configurations right?
Old 17-12-2018, 10:05 PM   #30

Just an update to my Legion Y530. Added 480GB SSD with the given sata ribbon cable and 8GB Ram (Black PCB) from Black Friday hoots. Sums up the upgrade for my laptop.

Before (ram slots are hidden behind the metal shield):

After:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.