Microsoft's Surface

toolbox03

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Got an extra BNIB Surface Pro 3 pen for sale, retail at $73, let go at $63

PM if interested

pandazilla

Reaction score
for people using this as a laptop replacement. is it very easy to get scratch on the set or kb cover easily dirty?

I'm much attracted to it but I need a full pledged laptop not only tablet use. not sure if the built can withstand regular daily use.

in a dilemma should I get a ultra book and a surface 2 for note taking or just go for sp3.

I could hardly felt the weigh in my bag when i go out compared to my elephant weight work laptop. It is almost like I forgotten to bring something.

The type cover is sorta velvety, I would say it has a fair to great chance of being dirty. The user manual did say can clean it with wet cloth. It depends on how OCD you are. It is like a carpet though, if you throw it into your bag that is not cleaned for awhile, it will attract the dust particle like velcro.

I find that you dont really need the typecover if you can live with it, buy the type cover maybe 2 weeks after you got your sp3? have a try with it. You can always use a wireless or bluetooth kb at home.

Reborns

Reaction score
anybody have this problem?

i always put my charger on the socket
and there charger have a USB point for charging
but it doesnt charge well
i put my XiaoMi portable battery to charge...
after 2 hrs it still not charged........

sometimes when u plug something to charge
ur surface will not be charging

anybody?

pandazilla

Reaction score
how's your battery life?

My i5 doesn't seems to be impressive leh, averaging about 4-6hr. Using to do work, ms office only, drop 10-20%/hr. Bluetooth on, brightness about 50%, type cover, wifi.

I know the 9hr battery life is web browsing only. I browse web also use 10++%/hr. Non-youtube

ashketchum

Master Member
Reaction score
how's your battery life?

My i5 doesn't seems to be impressive leh, averaging about 4-6hr. Using to do work, ms office only, drop 10-20%/hr. Bluetooth on, brightness about 50%, type cover, wifi.

I know the 9hr battery life is web browsing only. I browse web also use 10++%/hr. Non-youtube

What web browser are you using? The desktop chrome has a huge battery draining issue for the SP3. The memory drain using chrome is also quite jialat. I resorted to using Chrome Canary instead, although the IE for the SP3 wins hands down in terms of power consumption and stability.

rarenick

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
how's your battery life?

Pls lor. My Asus i7 laptop can only last up to 4 hrs

Sent from GAGT Android App

pandazilla

Reaction score
What web browser are you using? The desktop chrome has a huge battery draining issue for the SP3. The memory drain using chrome is also quite jialat. I resorted to using Chrome Canary instead, although the IE for the SP3 wins hands down in terms of power consumption and stability.

firefox. use awhile, put in bag , take out use. 2 hr drop 20% . hmmm

haha my asus n43 cant even go beyond 3hr on productive mode.

if ie is really energy saving, i dont mind switching

zazawa

Master Member
Reaction score
Haiz, ordered on 24th afternoon, got the tracking no. but so far only shipment info received. i called DHL tell me micrsoft havent release item.

Ryuichi

Master Member
Reaction score
I could have missed it, but any comments with regards to surface pro capability as a lite dev machine?

Basic java and testing scripts running on it.

saneguy

Reaction score
i think there were some sellers who were offering student discounts...Look for them in the marketplace...

Myrddin

Reaction score
Anyone is using this? I wondering got program like the Samsung note pro, which can take picture, dooodle on it, cut and paste, etc. Back to studying again, so thought that I will get something to help me.

Ryuichi

Master Member
Reaction score
I think the better deal right now is via MS Surface offer for student? I think Sitex offer's doesn't include the insurance.

jyajin

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Woo finally hooted one with harvey norman at sitex today

Not bad deal nia they give free keyboard, portable nichikama bluetooth speaker, nikos screen protector (+$8 for service)
, 365 software, sleeve, 25 piece accessories box and even a swensen cake to jiak nia

Last edited:

xXshad0wXx

Reaction score
Woo finally hooted one with harvey norman at sitex today

Not bad deal nia they give free keyboard, portable nichikama bluetooth speaker, nikos screen protector (+$8 for service)
, 365 software, sleeve, 25 piece accessories box and even a swensen cake to jiak nia

how much??

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.