HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

motherboard replacement

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-10-2018, 07:59 PM   #1

motherboard replacement

my asus latop kena spill water. now my motherboard gg, went to service centre replace cost for motherboard about 1k plus. any of you guys know where can i get cheaper options?sim lim?
zaheado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 08:06 PM   #2
Master Member

What model is it? If too new the part may be damn expensive/hard to get, might as well buy new one.
wtfh4x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 08:31 PM   #3

What model is it? If too new the part may be damn expensive/hard to get, might as well buy new one.
ASUS MX580P
Old 11-10-2018, 08:33 PM   #4
Arch-Supremacy Member

Try Taobao. 2nd hand board not so expensive.
cscs3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 08:42 PM   #5

Try Taobao. 2nd hand board not so expensive.
how to know the motherboard number?
Old 11-10-2018, 11:39 PM   #6

Search via - model number for starters.
Would you be dismantling and fixing it yourself or getting someone else to do it?

I am asking this question coming from having dismantled many laptops - to inform you on the difficulties that lies ahead.

You would require the following
1. Proper Tools and Drivers - Some OEM used torx bits to make it hard for servicing
2. Thermal paste and isopropyl alcohol required to clean and reattach the heat sink to the new motherboard.

And you would have to be comfortable with dismantling basically the whole laptop ( flex cables etc.) - since the motherboard contains the CPU and GPU (soldered on)

All in all, while I understand that it maybe new, the costs would make it simply uneconomical for repair.

how to know the motherboard number?

Unsure of what to get? Need help with Notebook issues? Join in the discussions at Notebook Clinic!

Keep up with the latest in mobile technology with Residential Phone Gurus over at Mobile Communication Technology!

Need Assistance? Fret not! Feel free to contact me via PM for Forum Related Issues or any Other Issues that may require immediate assistance and I will get back to you as soon as I can.
Intrinion is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.