HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

MSI GE63VR - 7RE Light Review

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-05-2018, 05:10 PM   #1

MSI GE63VR - 7RE Light Review

Hi everyone! Today I will be doing a light review on the new MSI GE63VR - 7RE Raider is a 15.6-inch gaming notebook that weighs about 2.4 kg (~5.3 lbs). The twin red racing stripes on the chassis tell you everything from stylish to performance.

Although you may say I should get the new one, but I cant fully utilize 8th Gen and the price is more expensive too =w=

The device is powered by a quad-core Intel Core i7-7700HQ accompanied by 8 GB of DDR4 RAM and an Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 with 6GB of dedicated VRAM. Its special feature is a 120-Hz 3MS TN screen . Windows 10 Home is pre-installed on the device, which is equipped with a 128-GB NVMe SSD and a 1-TB HDD (7200rpm). Of course, it still features a SteelSeries keyboard, with individual key back-lighting instead of the successor's zoned back-lighting. MSI has also installed the usual Gamer software package including Dragon Center, SteelSeries Engine and MSI True Color etc.

This model also have a little gimmick to ease your frustration, where the USB slot will always glow in red for user to find the USB slot easily, and an easy way to spot your configuration key while pressing FN key.

Fan Performance and Design

the GE63/GE73VR models comes with dual Whirlwind Blade fans and 7 heat pipes become Cooler Boost 5 and 4 exhaust way which able to keep the laptop at a very optimal temperature.

I tested with 3D Mark 11 Benchmark (Both extreme and performance setting), and Final Fantasy 14 Online Benchmark (Max setting). The below are the scores:

Overall, the score were high and the speed were fast, and the temperature is at satisfactory area where around 75'c during the benchmark. Will do this much as for now, If i have the time I will try and do more regarding this model.

P.S. The sound system of this GE63VR is great!
gemini_mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 02:17 PM   #2

woo, 7 heat pipes look so fancy, that is what a gamer needs
dellwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2018, 03:04 PM   #3

yea..and the 4 exhaust make it better, been playing with this for the entire day it still kept my temperature around 65-70.
Old 13-05-2018, 08:16 PM   #4
Arch-Supremacy Member

The purpose of heatpipe is to transfer heat away from the source. More equates to faster heat transfer. However, if the heatsink is too small or the fan is too slow to transfer heat out fast, then it will start to impact cooling. For me, I find the CPU seems to be the one that heats up the most under heavy load.
watzup_ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2018, 03:22 PM   #5

been using it for few weeks now, the highest temp it reach for cpu only around 50 degree, the fan is quite powerful too
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.