Official Thread For Asus Zenbook UX301/302

playboysg

Reaction score
Nope. Put into case auto clean.

Hell won't use it at pool. But in car so far still okay for me. But other than that haven't had outdoor experience.

May I ask what casing do you use? How does it auto-clean? I thought you need at least a spectacles cloth to wipe it.

Does Asus give any laptop bag for this model?

Some users commented that typical glossy screen can easily cause eye tireness or even headache if use for long hours, unlike matt screen. What do you think of it?

xtramadness

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Er... Casings are lined with micro-fibre cloth?

Okay. Maybe casing is the wrong word for you. Pouch is more accurate.

May I ask what casing do you use? How does it auto-clean? I thought you need at least a spectacles cloth to wipe it.

Does Asus give any laptop bag for this model?

Some users commented that typical glossy screen can easily cause eye tireness or even headache if use for long hours, unlike matt screen. What do you think of it?

No. Laptop bags are not part of the arsenal. But you do get a envelope sleeve.
(As per brochure)

Last but not least, I'm unable to comment on other's experience because it will differ. For example, some says they faced warped kb's etc. But again, glare is dependent on where you use it etc etc etc etc. I can say, though, is I'm enjoying it much more than my rmbp which feels like nothing vs this.

One flaw though, is the edges around the laptop base, which feels kinda angled (sharp)

Lastly, I am glad I got this over 301 and activ9 etc because windows really suck in its scaling.

hotyrole

Reaction score
what's activ9 and scaling ?

you meant upgrading ?

Er... Casings are lined with micro-fibre cloth?

Okay. Maybe casing is the wrong word for you. Pouch is more accurate.

No. Laptop bags are not part of the arsenal. But you do get a envelope sleeve.
(As per brochure)

Last but not least, I'm unable to comment on other's experience because it will differ. For example, some says they faced warped kb's etc. But again, glare is dependent on where you use it etc etc etc etc. I can say, though, is I'm enjoying it much more than my rmbp which feels like nothing vs this.

One flaw though, is the edges around the laptop base, which feels kinda angled (sharp)

Lastly, I am glad I got this over 301 and activ9 etc because windows really suck in its scaling.

xtramadness

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Activ9 is a samsung series of systems

Scaling -> giybf in context of whole system display

Um... Upgrade? :s11:

DawnsTear

Reaction score
Just checking here..

Anyone USB LAN adapter got any problem ?
eg. when it start to get warm or used 45mins or so, it will disconnect & connect.. need to re-plug it to connect to internet again..

Sometime I have delete the driver from Device Manager to get it to work again..

Note:-
My system is i7/730m/10GB/250GB Samsung SSD/Windows 8.1

Really regret updated to Windows 8.1 or ASUS support for Windows 8.1 suck..

evilster

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just checking here..

eg. when it start to get warm or used 45mins or so, it will disconnect & connect.. need to re-plug it to connect to internet again..

heng i haven upgrade to 8.1 But i believe asus support will sooner or later get it done. So now just be safe use 8.1

xtramadness

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Did u by chanve update any network ?

Just checking here..

DawnsTear

Reaction score
As in update the lan/wifi software(s)

I think maybe got new update cos i delete away in Device Manager then Windows auto install back the drivers..
I got delete away both wireless & LAN driver.. When i update to Windows 8.1, both got problem

Got another problem:-
When my UX302 come back on from sleep, I cannot detect any wireless network.. need to go Device Manager to delete & reinstall the driver to get it to detect again..

Starting to think is driver problem

FYI:-
I got go Safe Mode to clear the driver & reinstall the driver..

xtramadness

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hmm... Here's what I did with zero problems:

Fresh after modifying, backup

Went to install updates except hardware specific such as intel/nvidia etc in windows update. Those I used asus live update.

Then update to windows 8.1

Following which, I checked for updates, again, omitting any hardware specific's.

Been running smooth as it can be. Done on both of my ux302's.

DawnsTear

Reaction score
Hmm... Here's what I did with zero problems:

Fresh after modifying, backup

Went to install updates except hardware specific such as intel/nvidia etc in windows update. Those I used asus live update.

Then update to windows 8.1

Following which, I checked for updates, again, omitting any hardware specific's.

Been running smooth as it can be. Done on both of my ux302's.

Ok, I try reformat my UX302 then check got this problem or not..

Maybe is the USB LAN Adapter faulty..

When u reformat/refresh, u make a Recovery Disc from Windows or u go d/l Windows 8 or 8.1 ?

xtramadness

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ok, I try reformat my UX302 then check got this problem or not..

Maybe is the USB LAN Adapter faulty..

When u reformat/refresh, u make a Recovery Disc from Windows or u go d/l Windows 8 or 8.1 ?

Eh I never reformat.

But Yes, I made a recovery disk, backed up hdd image. I do also have windows 8 and 8.1 dvd's from my diy desktop why?

DawnsTear

Reaction score
Eh I never reformat.

But Yes, I made a recovery disk, backed up hdd image. I do also have windows 8 and 8.1 dvd's from my diy desktop why?

Ok, I try reformat my UX302, clear everything make sure is not Software prob.. if still got prob then cfm is Hardware prob..

Anyway, thank :D

Btw, ur UX302 got scale properly.. cos sometime back from sleep mode.. then the Icon (When u move ur mouse to Top Right corner or Bottom Right corner), sometime its big, sometime its small..

xtramadness

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ok, I try reformat my UX302, clear everything make sure is not Software prob.. if still got prob then cfm is Hardware prob..

Btw, ur UX302 got scale properly.. cos sometime back from sleep mode.. then the Icon (When u move ur mouse to Top Right corner or Bottom Right corner), sometime its big, sometime its small..

Yea. That's the damn scale issue

zihern

Reaction score
you think expo will have discount for such a new laptop ?

Then need to wait until the IT Show end Feb.

Just checking here..

I think maybe got new update cos i delete away in Device Manager then Windows auto install back the drivers..
I got delete away both wireless & LAN driver.. When i update to Windows 8.1, both got problem

Got another problem:-
When my UX302 come back on from sleep, I cannot detect any wireless network.. need to go Device Manager to delete & reinstall the driver to get it to detect again..

Starting to think is driver problem

FYI:-
I got go Safe Mode to clear the driver & reinstall the driver..

OMG, strings of problem. I even heard of electrostatics issue at the edge when connected to power source. Might need to put Lenovo Yoga Pad 2 or MBP back into my consideration :(

iampingy

Reaction score
electrostatic problem

Hi,
I got my UX 302 recently, and had this electrostatic problem when I plugged in to charge. There's this buzz around the keyboard area especially when you run your fingers over it. I read around and found out that many people had that problem including macbook air owners. Yeeek.. I hate it. I had it changed and it was the same for the 2nd UX 302. Anyone else is having this problem? I deal with it by fully charging the notebook at night and using it on battery during the day. But this shouldn't be right?

Yes, I had some problems too when I upgraded to 8.1. Wish I had read around more before upgrading.

And yes, you do have to wipe it rather often, if you want it to shine - much like your car - keep it well polished and shining brightly. The notebook is new, so I am still wiping it. Not sure a couple of weeks down the road.
The touch screen gets really grimy and you do have to clean it often.

Having said all that, I like the notebook ALOT. I have the I7, 500GB and 10GB RAM version.

shsh91

Reaction score
Hi I just got my UX302LG. I would like to change my harddisk to SSD.
I have read from this forum Asus UX302 - Page 7.

I have already created a Recovery USB media.
I have some questions. How do I use this media? Do I need to be windows to use it as there is no boot option on it.
Secondly, if there is no boot option on it and my hard disk crash, what should I do?

Thirdly, I would also like to know where can I get the recovery media CD as Singapore do not have a eShop.

Lastly, I have seen people saying Intel 530 SSD doesnt work, has the new firmware updated?

Thanks

Edit: Just found out i can bootup from my usb drive. Got confused with the cache as both are sandisks.
Now I'm still wondering if Intel 530 newest firmware can be used on the laptop. And also if I'm using SSD, is it possible to turn off the cache?
Thanks

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.