HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Old Model but brand new laptop ?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-08-2018, 10:48 AM   #1
Supremacy Member

Old Model but brand new laptop ?

Ok, I am on tight budget to buy old model I5 (prefer one which can dock) but brand new laptop. Does anyone know where I can get ?

Checked Q0010 , most are refurbished or reconditioned.
octacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2018, 11:01 AM   #2

Ok, I am on tight budget to buy old model I5 (prefer one which can dock) but brand new laptop. Does anyone know where I can get ?

whats your budget?
Allanlee82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2018, 11:30 AM   #3
Supremacy Member

whats your budget?
Looking @ below SGD500 , I bought a refurbished Dell E4310 @ $10 but it didn't last long.
Old 13-08-2018, 12:09 PM   #4
Supremacy Member

Tight budget but expect new? Expecting 2011-2015 laptop in new condition? Wait long long

Thinkpad X220 - $225
Extra 4GB DDR3 - <$30
New 9cell original battery - <$100
Samsung 860 Evo 250GB SSD - <$130

Good to go under $500
Ark Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2018, 12:12 PM   #5
Master Member

Looking @ below SGD500 , I bought a refurbished Dell E4310 @ $10 but it didn't last long.
You still have this? I'll give you what you paid for it, PM me if interested.
wtfh4x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2018, 12:46 PM   #6
Master Member

Production for these 'old' laptops had already stop and so most are already in the market and used.

Refurbished &or reconditioned do have limited on warranty especially not all components.

Being on lookout at these refurbished &or reconditions laptops selling on the market for years but..
Issue with these type of refurbished laptops are most specification are cut-down due to cost.
There is a need to upgrade as in RAM and storage as these are the main components & cost.

Might as well go for resale on open market for laptop with that kind of budget.
As there do have good bargain with good specification & components upgraded.

Repair on parts should not be an issue as most replacement parts are cheap as due to reused on those laptop beyond repaired.
There do have plenty of these 'old' & unused/defective laptops as i have seen in some shops..

For me i prefer used laptops from open market as most likely it can be negotiate on pricing.
I have 3 Toshiba laptops with 2 on i5 and the other i3 are all 2nd hand.
The price i paid are below $500 budget which may include additional components as in RAM and SSD.
All are still in good & reasonable conditions as even upgrade to Windows 10.
Although 1 did screen replacement while another repaired but due to the fact being using for several years.
eric3743 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2018, 12:48 PM   #7
Supremacy Member

You still have this? I'll give you what you paid for it, PM me if interested.

Of course no have .
I bought it from a company decommissioned exercise .
Old 13-08-2018, 12:56 PM   #8
Supremacy Member

Production for these 'old' laptops had already stop and so most are already in the market and used.

Refurbished &or reconditioned do have limited on warranty especially not all components.

Being on lookout at these refurbished &or reconditions laptops selling on the market for years but..
Issue with these type of refurbished laptops are most specification are cut-down due to cost.
There is a need to upgrade as in RAM and storage as these are the main components & cost.

Might as well go for resale on open market for laptop with that kind of budget.
As there do have good bargain with good specification & components upgraded.

Repair on parts should not be an issue as most replacement parts are cheap as due to reused on those laptop beyond repaired.
There do have plenty of these 'old' & unused/defective laptops as i have seen in some shops..

For me i prefer used laptops from open market as most likely it can be negotiate on pricing.
I have 3 Toshiba laptops with 2 on i5 and the other i3 are all 2nd hand.
The price i paid are below $500 budget which may include additional components as in RAM and SSD.
All are still in good & reasonable conditions as even upgrade to Windows 10.
Although 1 did screen replacement while another repaired but due to the fact being using for several years.

Ok , in that case I'll have to look deeper into taobao to buy one then or buy in Malaysia.

Last edited by octacon; 13-08-2018 at 12:59 PM..
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.