HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Re: How many of you purchase dell laptop/pc online without any issue?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-06-2018, 01:29 AM   #1

Re: How many of you purchase dell laptop/pc online without any issue?

Hi,

recently i placed an order for the new dell xps 9570 after speaking to a sales rep through dell chatline.

After the order was placed, the money was fully deducted from my credit card and I also received an email from the sales rep with an attachment of the order confirmation.

Next i received an email from another guy who claimed to be from Dell.com and asked me to reply with my work email to his email with my contact and shipping details. I felt uncomfortable and suspicious as i have already given my details to the sales rep and order was placed.

So he asked me repeatedly through the email and i told him i do not have a work email which he later ask me to provide a valid contact as he was unable to reach me as XXXXX. But this XXXX number was my contact number and there was no missed call from dell. So i got pissed and reply him in the email that i did not received any calls from him and previously when i purchased from dell, there was no 2nd verification from another staff asking for irrelevant details to my purchase of a new laptop.

I also emailed the sales rep that i spoke to regarding this issue.
The next day, there was no respond from both of them and i checked my order,it stated that my order have been changed or cancel. Thus i checked with my bank and dell had deducted the money and there was no refund for the cancellation.

I did a google check online and found that many faced similar issues.

Have anyone here encounter this before? Have dell went rouge?
diwi66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2018, 05:35 AM   #2
Supremacy Member

Thank you for your donation. Did you also tell your credit card details through the phone?
Old 15-06-2018, 05:50 AM   #3
High Supremacy Member

Sound you have been scam.
Purchase through Dell isn't like that especially online order.
Old 15-06-2018, 06:52 AM   #4
Supremacy Member

Dell direct purchase will always require them to have your phone number (contact for delivery schedule) and an email address for e-invoice.

Just go call Dell and ask what is going on, corresponding over email is just going to increase the leadtime.
Ark Law is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2018, 12:22 PM   #5

My credit cards details were given over the phone.

I did received an order confirmation attachment from dell with an order number. I checked the order number on dell.com.sg and it had my order.

After i refused to give my work email and asked that indian guy who claimed to be from Dell.com via email, there was no more reply from him and my order was canceled.

Btw, i made the purchase direct from dell.com.sg via their sales rep. (Elly Lim)
Old 15-06-2018, 12:27 PM   #6

May i ask those that replied, have you made recent purchase with dell?

I purchase from them previously too (years ago and the process was direct and fast too). But this time it was different, that's why i am asking if anyone recently purchased from dell direct online and experience what i just encountered.

I will give them a call on Monday as they are not available on PH and weekend.

Thanks anyway
Old 15-06-2018, 01:05 PM   #7

U buying under corporate offer ?
schubaltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2018, 01:45 PM   #8

Nope, not corporate offer. Just an individual consumer
Old 15-06-2018, 04:04 PM   #9

Best is to call them up on mon liao. Most ur money will go back to ur credit card but as usual, take quite some time. Take money fast but return slow like snail.
schubaltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2018, 06:59 PM   #10
Supremacy Member

Bought the dell 7567 last year. No such issue. Placed my order from dell website. Didn't receive any call except from the courier.

Sent from HUAWEI MATE 10 using GAGT
Audiology93 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2018, 12:11 PM   #11

I've just bought an inspiron pc from dell last week. no issue and the pc was promptly delivered in 3-4 working days.

I think Dell is too established to scam ur money tho
HolyInnocents is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.