Recommendations for laptop for Uni use

Tunafish100kg

Reaction score
Hi guys, I'll be entering university next year and i need some suggestions about what laptop to get. Here are my needs...

Usage:

From what i know about my course, there is going to be lots of reading and typing of essays. So it'll be good to have a good keyboard or is comfortable to type in as well as a decent to good screen for reading.

I would also use the laptop to browse the web frequently for research, so it would be preferred that the laptop is not so weak and let me multi task with multiple tabs of web browser and Microsoft word.

I don't require the laptop to be able to game as i dont want to be distracted and i already have my own custom gaming pc for that.

What I have researched so far:

I researched quite a bit about the Surface Go, but then i would have to remove windows 10 s mode on it to run non Microsoft store applications, and some reviewers had said that the processor just isn't strong enough to be able to handle multitasking as it noticeably slows down just after opening 3 tabs of google chrome. Other than this flaw, i found it to be a pretty solid device and has good bang for the buck.

I'm not really updated into the laptop scene so i appreciate your advice and knowledge based on your experience. It would be ideal the laptop costs less than 1k...

Thank you in advance!
I had the same question not long ago, and I did extensive research. Acer Swift 3 seems to be a good choice for you. It is more than enough to cover all your needs as a student.

Processor: 8th Generation Intel® Core™ i3-8130U Processor
Display: 14" FHD IPS narrow border LED-backlit TFT LCD
Ram: 4GB DDR4
Storage: 128GB SSD
Graphics: Integrated
Operating System: Windows 10 Home in S Mode
Additional Features: Fingerprint, Narrow border design
Weight: 1.45KG
2 Years Carry-In Local Singapore Warranty

https://shopee.sg/-Online-Exclusive...ht-Narrow-Border-Laptop-i.60315503.1089332448

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.