LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-06-2020, 01:44 PM   #1
Supremacy Member

Surface Pro 7

Hi,
I want to buy Surface Pro 7 i5,
Challenger selling at $1448
Harvey Norman selling at $1338 but no more stock
Buying from Microsoft online is $1338, keyboard is also cheaper. Is it safe, I heard some problems.
Where else can I get cheaper price or better offer (package)?
Thanks in advance.
Andrew833 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2020, 01:55 PM   #2

SP product donít forget to buy extended warranty. A simple battery replacement cost 50% of the product.
chaiscool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2020, 01:57 PM   #3
High Supremacy Member

For apple n M$ product. Just buy online can liao.
zuoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2020, 02:49 PM   #4
Supremacy Member

SP product donít forget to buy extended warranty. A simple battery replacement cost 50% of the product.
Ok
thanks
Old 28-06-2020, 02:50 PM   #5
Supremacy Member

For apple n M$ product. Just buy online can liao.
Is it safe to buy from Microsoft online? I read that there are some problems with new laptop.
Old 28-06-2020, 04:51 PM   #6

Is it safe to buy from Microsoft online? I read that there are some problems with new laptop.
If youíre worried about SP7 then maybe can wait. Rumor say SP 8 will be in October
chaiscool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2020, 05:13 PM   #7

Actually if wait for SP8, the price will be more. Normally i5 8gb 256gb , is $1.7k.
They prolly trying to clear existing Sp7 stock .
iduncheckmail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2020, 06:01 PM   #8
High Supremacy Member

Why would there be an issue?
As long as official ms site.
zuoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2020, 07:36 PM   #9
Supremacy Member

Why would there be an issue?
As long as official ms site.
I read that, customer get faulty stuff. I know buying online is cheaper but I prefer to be safe then sorry.
Old 28-06-2020, 07:39 PM   #10
Supremacy Member

Actually if wait for SP8, the price will be more. Normally i5 8gb 256gb , is $1.7k.
They prolly trying to clear existing Sp7 stock .
Actually not worth to get extra gb, cost few hundreds more.
Planing to buy i5 8gb 128gb, if 128gb not enough can buy a 256gb sd card.
Yah, itís look like they are clearing stock.
Old 29-06-2020, 08:15 PM   #11

What might be the problems that you are concerned with?
Microsoft online is direct from Microsoft.

They will use Singpost courier for delivery.
Similar for repairs. A singpost courier will be arranged to come collect your Surface. It will be returned to the same address.

Do note there is no physical sv ctr in Singapore. If you encounter any issues, you will have to contact Surface support (hotline /online chat). A replacement unit will then be sent upon receipt of your faulty surface.
Andrew833 likes this.

Unsure of what to get? Need help with Notebook issues? Join in the discussions at Notebook Clinic!

Keep up with the latest in mobile technology with Residential Phone Gurus over at Mobile Communication Technology!

Need Assistance? Fret not! Feel free to contact me via PM for Forum Related Issues or any Other Issues that may require immediate assistance and I will get back to you as soon as I can.
Intrinion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2020, 08:17 PM   #12

I read that, customer get faulty stuff. I know buying online is cheaper but I prefer to be safe then sorry.
Do so via https://www.microsoft.com/en-sg/surface
And not anywhere else! Surfaces will come sealed.

If it's faulty, the replacement process is a 1:1 exchange.
There is no repairing of your surface.
Replacement will come in a white box and look physically new - could be refurbished or new.
No one knows actually
Andrew833 likes this.

Unsure of what to get? Need help with Notebook issues? Join in the discussions at Notebook Clinic!

Keep up with the latest in mobile technology with Residential Phone Gurus over at Mobile Communication Technology!

Need Assistance? Fret not! Feel free to contact me via PM for Forum Related Issues or any Other Issues that may require immediate assistance and I will get back to you as soon as I can.
Old 30-06-2020, 01:30 PM   #13
Supremacy Member

Do so via https://www.microsoft.com/en-sg/surface
And not anywhere else! Surfaces will come sealed.

If it's faulty, the replacement process is a 1:1 exchange.
There is no repairing of your surface.
Replacement will come in a white box and look physically new - could be refurbished or new.
No one knows actually
My concern is buying online from microsoft, may come with faulty/ refurbished laptop. If faulty, then have to go thru the trouble to get the replacement.

If I buy from the shop, I can test it before buying. So the trouble is cut to the minimum.
Old 30-06-2020, 03:52 PM   #14

My concern is buying online from microsoft, may come with faulty/ refurbished laptop. If faulty, then have to go thru the trouble to get the replacement.

If I buy from the shop, I can test it before buying. So the trouble is cut to the minimum.
I see, you can try Challenger's flagship at bugis or Harvey Norman's flagship outlet at Millennium walk. Millennium walk has a Surface section (Not too sure if they are employees of Microsoft or Harvey Norman - since there is a recent announcement on closure of physical stores)

If you are buying online, it will definitely come brand new and sealed (not refurb). Faulty, it depends on the manufacturing process - but defects out of the box is see heng suay just like anything you buy online.
Andrew833 likes this.

Old 30-06-2020, 04:45 PM   #15
Supremacy Member

I see, you can try Challenger's flagship at bugis or Harvey Norman's flagship outlet at Millennium walk. Millennium walk has a Surface section (Not too sure if they are employees of Microsoft or Harvey Norman - since there is a recent announcement on closure of physical stores)

If you are buying online, it will definitely come brand new and sealed (not refurb). Faulty, it depends on the manufacturing process - but defects out of the box is see heng suay just like anything you buy online.
I check last week, Harvey Norman got sales but sold out. New stock back to normal price.
Challenger has no promotion.
Nvm will wait to see if any promotion, thanks.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.