ThinkPad for School

schubaltz

Reaction score
Not by default. Esp if you go through online. You need to explicitly select as an option. For the Thinkpad P71, and a 5 year onsite warranty, the international warranty is an extra $400...

If you call by phone, best to always double confirm. Don't wait for the freaking sales agreement then start to kpkb and cry over split milk.

Thing is, Lenovo is super niao about warranty. Other big players also pull the same trick. Unless you produce a receipt that you bought the Thinkpad on the condition, and I use it in a legal sense, that you selected international warranty at the time of purchase, Lenovo will dig out 1001 reasons to not honour your warranty, if it can.

Was explaining that if the model is sold both in sg and us and was purchased with international warranty.

SpeedWeed

Master Member
Reaction score
Based on my research

Lenovo site is cheaper than local shops by around $500 for higher end models with the 10% discount

But shipping can take some time depending on the customisation.

I got from a local authorised reseller. No brick and mortar shop.

He has some older models for clearance sale too

If I recall correctly I paid $200 more than Lenovo site

But I didn’t need to wait for 2 weeks - 1 month.

Last edited:

iseedogface

Reaction score
Based on my research

Lenovo site is cheaper than local shops by around $500 for higher end models with the 10% discount

But shipping can take some time depending on the customisation.

I got from a local authorised reseller. No brick and mortar shop.

He has some older models for clearance sale too

If I recall correctly I paid $200 more than Lenovo site

But I didn’t need to wait for 2 weeks - 1 month.

Yea they tent to give plenty of normal discount vouchers esp at night. Oh well. I'm time rich. Not cash rich LOL

iseedogface

Reaction score
Hi guys. Just to update. Bought a T480s with 16gb ram and 512 SSD. But the screen bezels seem to be a bit flimsy??? Is this normal LOL

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.