HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

ThinkPad T batteries

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-08-2019, 06:31 PM   #1
Master Member

Question ThinkPad T batteries

Two months ago I bought my very first ThinkPad (T480) and at that time opted for the largest battery (model 61++) 72Wh available. This battery feels great and lasts pretty long with a full tank.

However I am now considering scenarios where I might forgo bringing the charger along all together, but likely need additional battery. After some initial difficulty with Lenovo site search, I managed to re-identify the compatible battery models (i.e. 61, 61+, 61++ which I already have)

Was wondering though, instead of purchasing direct from Lenovo and waiting a couple of weeks, are there some preferred brick/mortar shops that offer a wide selection of ThinkPad batteries? I've gone more than five years operating other laptop models with no external battery design.
Old 17-08-2019, 09:14 AM   #2
Arch-Supremacy Member

Unicell #02-40

Call them to check availability first.
Ark Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2019, 09:36 AM   #3
Master Member

Will it be more convenient to get a laptop power bank instead, considering the practicality and usage wise?
Old 17-08-2019, 10:47 AM   #4
Arch-Supremacy Member

Will it be more convenient to get a laptop power bank instead, considering the practicality and usage wise?
Price is much different.
cscs3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2019, 11:58 PM   #5
Master Member

Well I did have such a device before, when I was operating the light Acer Aspire 1820PTZ. It had a wide variety of connector pins and voltage/current settings, which was a necessary complexity back then when USB-C was not a thing. It didn't last long though. Must have been due to my ignorance of Lithium-ion chemistry at that time; it bloated pretty bad and ultimately had a very low charge capacity.

I'm sure there're newer models designed for contemporary laptops but I suspect it will cost more than a regular battery. Since I'm no longer operating a laptop with only a single sealed internal battery (ok, my Microsoft Surface Pro 4 is still serviceable but it's trash for heavy utility purposes), I'm no longer keen on the idea of using a battery to charge another battery when it can be swapped.
Old Yesterday, 12:01 AM   #6
Master Member

Unicell #02-40

Call them to check availability first.
If their web site is up to date, I don't see models for ThinkPad T480.

http://battery.com.sg/92-lenovo-batt...tegory=92&n=60

Yea I'll have to call them some day. Thanks.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.