HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Toshiba PC business gone to sharp...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-06-2018, 01:28 PM   #1

Toshiba PC business gone to sharp...

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-toshiba-sharp-pc-announcement/japans-sharp-says-to-buy-toshibas-pc-business-idUSKCN1J10A0

I remember that Toshiba stopped selling pcs here in 2015. What do you people think?
chooyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 01:52 PM   #2
Supremacy Member

If I wanna get a kawaii laptop, I'd be getting an NEC.
Ark Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 10:28 PM   #3

If I wanna get a kawaii laptop, I'd be getting an NEC.

Kawaii? You talking about the laptop size is it?
Old 10-06-2018, 11:52 PM   #4
Supremacy Member

Kawaii? You talking about the laptop size is it?

Nope. More about which of the Japanese marques I'd rather own.

Their VersaPros are a good rival to the XPS13, Thinkpad X2x0 and Latitude 72x0/73x0. Too bad it's only in JP market.

https://jpn.nec.com/products/bizpc/c..._201804-02.pdf
Old 12-06-2018, 09:54 PM   #5
Arch-Supremacy Member

I feel Toshiba laptops are not that popular, particularly in Singapore. I remember buying the Satellite series for my wife back then and it was a great laptop. That was the only time I considered buying their laptop.
watzup_ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 11:25 PM   #6
Supremacy Member

I feel Toshiba laptops are not that popular, particularly in Singapore. I remember buying the Satellite series for my wife back then and it was a great laptop. That was the only time I considered buying their laptop.
Value for money category went to Acer and Lenovo, along with the rise of Asus. Meanwhile, SG market has little niche for quality Japanese laptops. The market for those willing to pay for MIJ laptops is simply too small.

As businesses stuck to the big 3, it meant Panasonic, Toshiba, NEC and Fujitsu are barely able to claw any market share in SG be it consumer or commercial.
Old 12-06-2018, 11:38 PM   #7
High Supremacy Member

Vaio is coming back to Singapore soon too
https://www.pcworld.idg.com.au/artic...r-there-catch/
Old 13-06-2018, 09:23 PM   #8
Arch-Supremacy Member

Value for money category went to Acer and Lenovo, along with the rise of Asus. Meanwhile, SG market has little niche for quality Japanese laptops. The market for those willing to pay for MIJ laptops is simply too small.

As businesses stuck to the big 3, it meant Panasonic, Toshiba, NEC and Fujitsu are barely able to claw any market share in SG be it consumer or commercial.
Fujitsu was one of the go to brands during my time. Now there is nothing special about it. Just another laptop amidst a sea of other brands.
Old 13-06-2018, 09:25 PM   #9
Arch-Supremacy Member

Vaio is coming back to Singapore soon too
https://www.pcworld.idg.com.au/artic...r-there-catch/
I am not sure if it will attract interest to be honest. Vaio did not make it then, I am not sure if there is anything different about it now. There are also a good variety of light laptops, so what's going to make a Vaio different? Interesting to see when they do appear on our shores.
Old 13-06-2018, 11:24 PM   #10
Supremacy Member

Fujitsu was one of the go to brands during my time. Now there is nothing special about it. Just another laptop amidst a sea of other brands.

My friend's perception of Fujitsu quality went down the drain when they took a month to replace my her faulty HDD

I feel like build quality for most laptops are now past their peak and all brands are chipping off quality in the pursuit of lightweight and compactness
Old 13-06-2018, 11:32 PM   #11
High Supremacy Member

My friend's perception of Fujitsu quality went down the drain when they took a month to replace my her faulty HDD

I feel like build quality for most laptops are now past their peak and all brands are chipping off quality in the pursuit of lightweight and compactness
Same experience that my coy drop using Fujitsu.
The service time is far too long.
Big brands like Lenovo, Dell and HP usually are within 7 business days.

Fujitsu wise takes way longer than that even for business.
Old 14-06-2018, 09:57 PM   #12
Arch-Supremacy Member

May be they send to Japan to replace the hard disk. I remember they used to market that Fujitsu laptops are made in Japan.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.