[OFFICIAL] ASUS Eee Laptop 1215B

senser

Reaction score
not practical to test on the spot at artium funan road show?anyway i was given a "sealed" set, at home checked it was really "brand new" no user marks, set up oso took quite some time to initialise etc, and was using external mouse for ease of use, in anycase my second set worked for 2 days after initialise, i didn't use it for 4-5 days and then the touchpad issue surface...

micheloving

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
just wondering, did you guys test the notebook on the spot when you purchased it?

Cos i setup windows in the shop itself and check if everything was running fine and the specs were correct under device manager before i made the payment. Maybe i was lucky to get a working set with this first batch.

Or maybe we were just unlucky?lols:D

Beetho Ng

Reaction score
Looks like many are having touch pad problem. I am also looking to buy this model but from all the said user experiences, I don't feel confident over this model now.

micheloving

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Looks like many are having touch pad problem. I am also looking to buy this model but from all the said user experiences, I don't feel confident over this model now.

Fixed and collected a while ago i had to retest(found out the problem not fixed) and they refix the touchpad waited for abt 20mins :( But yay it can be done in a day they say is the wiring problem short circuit now my touchpad all nice and good:)Whew

Last edited:

Beetho Ng

Reaction score
Hopefully new batch will be better. I was almost convinced to get this but now got to wait n see. Now looking at u36 instead but the price different is quite high. My last laptop is also an ASus but I have been to the service center like 6 times during the 4-5 yrs of usage. I still like their price and design but cannot say the same for their quality control.

Last edited:

senser

Reaction score
Fixed and collected a while ago i had to retest(found out the problem not fixed) and they refix the touchpad waited for abt 20mins :( But yay it can be done in a day they say is the wiring problem short circuit now my touchpad all nice and good:)Whew

same pbm,sent last sat, got asus sms to collect on mon, but no time to go, glad your set is ok...update if all ok, thanks

micheloving

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
same pbm,sent last sat, got asus sms to collect on mon, but no time to go, glad your set is ok...update if all ok, thanks

So far so good will update if any more cockups...1st time bring labby to service centre anyways not very impressed by the knowledge of the techs(i feel i know more than them sometimes :D) but their service okie ba. Btw can anyone share their temp of CPU or GPU ?I wanna compare c if mine is normal cause mine GPU around 50+.

Last edited:

86technie

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So far so good will update if any more cockups...1st time bring labby to service centre anyways not very impressed by the knowledge of the techs(i feel i know more than them sometimes :D) but their service okie ba. Btw can anyone share their temp of CPU or GPU ?I wanna compare c if mine is normal cause mine GPU around 50+.

Should be alright so long the fan is not spining loudly.

neutralph

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Erm have some questions from u guys n gals?

Q1: Is the laptop still available somewhere in singapore or have to pre-order? and how much is it? I saw somewhere is $SGD 599?

Q2: Still get confuse over whether it comes with 3x USB 2.0 or the 1x USB 3.0?

Q3: About the trackpad issue, is it inherent in all model or just pure bad luck?

guile

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Erm have some questions from u guys n gals?

Q1: Is the laptop still available somewhere in singapore or have to pre-order? and how much is it? I saw somewhere is $SGD 599?

Q2: Still get confuse over whether it comes with 3x USB 2.0 or the 1x USB 3.0?

Q3: About the trackpad issue, is it inherent in all model or just pure bad luck?

1: Its available for sale though not all vendors are carrying it yet. Price is $599.

2: Comes with 1 X USB 3.0 (blue in colour) and 2 X USB 2.0

3: I think its pure bad luck, but prob in 50% or so of the current/existing stock. Best is to test it on the spot (setup windows etc and play around with it before you make payment or exchange if touchpad is not working)

missotah

Reaction score
anyone know the exactly what type of ddr3 ram should one get if he want to upgrade the ram? can't find much inform online cos. model still very new.

guile

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyone know the exactly what type of ddr3 ram should one get if he want to upgrade the ram? can't find much inform online cos. model still very new.

The 2GB DDR3 which comes with the system is a Hynix (Hyundai) PC3-10700.

I purchased a Kingston 2GB DDR3 for $30 from PC Themes.
http://assets.hardwarezone.com/pv_o...AA34100348076FB0900/filename/PC Themes_57.pdf

They fixed it for me, and i tested it on the spot to see if its detected in BIOS, booted into Windows and checked again under System Properties. So far so good. You can download CPU-Z to double confirm again.

neutralph

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
1: Its available for sale though not all vendors are carrying it yet. Price is $599.

2: Comes with 1 X USB 3.0 (blue in colour) and 2 X USB 2.0

3: I think its pure bad luck, but prob in 50% or so of the current/existing stock. Best is to test it on the spot (setup windows etc and play around with it before you make payment or exchange if touchpad is not working)

Thanks for the quick response. It really helps. Just a final question.

Do you know which shop(s) to get from? Sim lim or funan? If you have the shop name, at least I could make a call for enquiry. Googling around doesn't give me much information. Moreover I work till around 6+pm. Sim lim and funan shops I think close around 8pm. So if i can some shop names, maybe can save me time going around asking. :) thanks in advance

neutralph

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Been calling up and emailing the various notebook/netbook stores both in sim lim and funan. Finally pa mart gave me a positive reply. The color available is black. Selling @ $SGD599.

So just to share with those whom have no idea where to get one. Maybe there are more shops selling

missotah

Reaction score
Been calling up and emailing the various notebook/netbook stores both in sim lim and funan. Finally pa mart gave me a positive reply. The color available is black. Selling @ $SGD599.

So just to share with those whom have no idea where to get one. Maybe there are more shops selling

you better check if pa mart is link with newstead. if yes reconsider. my set still in the ICU at asus hospital, waiting for internal organ to arrive before operation. :p

missotah

Reaction score
The 2GB DDR3 which comes with the system is a Hynix (Hyundai) PC3-10700.

I purchased a Kingston 2GB DDR3 for $30 from PC Themes.
http://assets.hardwarezone.com/pv_o...AA34100348076FB0900/filename/PC Themes_57.pdf

They fixed it for me, and i tested it on the spot to see if its detected in BIOS, booted into Windows and checked again under System Properties. So far so good. You can download CPU-Z to double confirm again.

thanks. so i shld be getting PC3 10600/1333Mhz not PC3 8500/1066Mhz?

ganara

Reaction score
I have tried testing playing 1080p on youtube. But it doesnt seem to be smooth. A lot of stuttering.

Anyone knows the reason why?

86technie

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have tried testing playing 1080p on youtube. But it doesnt seem to be smooth. A lot of stuttering.

Anyone knows the reason why?

Is the adobe flash player up to date?
Heard from online reviews that 720p is smooth but not 1080p.
Adobe is working on a flash player to resolve this.

guile

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hmm, both 720p n 1080p on youtube works fine for me. No stuttering on Opera, Firefox and IE9.

Try updating flash for all your browsers.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.