IBM ThinkPad Users' Group

ceecookie

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
only available for T410s. cause T410 is a low cost entry level system for their thinkpad models, so they did not include it.

I see. Must have occurred after the R was phased out.

There's actually an L series which is intended to replace the R series and positioned above the SL but for some reasons it's not available in Singapore's market yet.

westwest1

Reaction score
Indeed sad. How come your Wifi card so power hungry ah. Is it normal for all new Intel Wifi cards to behave this way?

Here is screen shoot of power manager time with the wifi on/off. Differences about 40++ mins. sad

I am running a Intel 6200. Actually my is the standard set that is bought off the shelf. Even the load set I gotten from Lenovo also have similar power usage even though its running a HDD. Even with a SSD, no differences in power saving.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

sic_moimoi

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Here is screen shoot of power manager time with the wifi on/off. Differences about 40++ mins. sad

I am running a Intel 6200. Actually my is the standard set that is bought off the shelf. Even the load set I gotten from Lenovo also have similar power usage even though its running a HDD. Even with a SSD, no differences in power saving.

thx for info ... very useful ..

i heard flash-based website use more power ... maybe can off flash?:s13:

ginseng1

Master Member
Reaction score
Thanks, Ken.

ginseng1, addon systems in funan have stocks for X60 4cell battery.

actually lenovo web prices tend to be misleading for many stuffs... i know the cost of the Gobi 2000 card and i can understand why no resellers want to sell @ $229. the resellers dun mark up much, it is the local distribution cost for some options that are very high. eg SSD option in SG is about 3 times higher than US.

emphasiz

Reaction score
Lenovo T410 Type 2539 - A12

Help needed

Do anyone have the problem with their wireless connection like me,

1) Wireless Connection intermittent, for some period of time not able to load pages, for example 5mins and then the connection is back, but the wireless manager states that the connection is connected

2) once in a while the card is being turned off automatically and need a full reboot to power it up again, common problem of t410 and t510

I think i will be calling up to lenovo care tml, for problem 1, either driver or card really spoil

westwest1

Reaction score
Lenovo T410 Type 2539 - A12

Help needed

Do anyone have the problem with their wireless connection like me,

1) Wireless Connection intermittent, for some period of time not able to load pages, for example 5mins and then the connection is back, but the wireless manager states that the connection is connected

2) once in a while the card is being turned off automatically and need a full reboot to power it up again, common problem of t410 and t510

I think i will be calling up to lenovo care tml, for problem 1, either driver or card really spoil

bro... mentioned to you before. Downgrade the driver for the wifi card. Those people from the call centre have no idea how to resolve your this issue.

emphasiz

Reaction score
bro... mentioned to you before. Downgrade the driver for the wifi card. Those people from the call centre have no idea how to resolve your this issue.

yeah but before that this problem din exist, as in intermittent connection.

anyway wad version u all using? currently using a external usb adapter to make it run lol

westwest1

Reaction score
yeah but before that this problem din exist, as in intermittent connection.

anyway wad version u all using? currently using a external usb adapter to make it run lol

this version. and before u install this version... uninstall your current version. but before that... please download the driver first...

emphasiz

Reaction score
first thing in the morning the card already cannot work. status show connected but i cannot load my browser... using external wireless adapter now

Reaction score
Indeed sad. How come your Wifi card so power hungry ah. Is it normal for all new Intel Wifi cards to behave this way?

Yes it does. You got to set Wifi performance to 'maximum power saving' if you want more battery life.

Of course you will not receive wifi signal further from your router...

dasanyuan

Reaction score
sorry guys. been very busy.

but the story ends here for me... i'm leaving next month... i wish u guys will be able to enjoy ur thinkpads more :D

westwest1

Reaction score
one question. does it mean you have 1 spare wire where the card is?

no wor. I only have two wires. the extra wire only comes when u order the 6300. The loan unit i got from lenovo is 6300 thus have 3 wires, the wireless performances the same le

ginseng1

Master Member
Reaction score
sorry guys. been very busy.

but the story ends here for me... i'm leaving next month... i wish u guys will be able to enjoy ur thinkpads more :D

Doesn't Lenovo pay well?

My former colleague from Brother joined Lenovo and he's enjoying every moment at Lenovo. High pay, staff discount etc...

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.