Lenovo ideapad S10

Trish126

Reaction score
my suggestion to protect ur battery life is to take out the batt n plug in to use when u're at home. only use ur battery when u're outisde to protect it. NEVER overcharge ur battery: switching on the power 24/7 when at home with battery on laptop. it will kill your battery n it's quite expensive to purchase alone.. :D just my little advice.

lostboi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
same as u leh.
is ur password correct?
i dunno leh..but anyway i managed to accidentally solved the problem..i went into the web access and re-key in my WEP key and i was able to log in...mmm strange...as the key is the same my desktop still connected after re-keying the same key...

anyway now i got another problem..i cannot seem to pair my nokia e71 to my s10 using the nokia pc suite....when i attempt to pair the s10's bluetooth client will ask me to pair again...end up the pc suite prompted me error :(

tsy111

Reaction score
Despite that, i think the heat is lesser than the EeePC 901/ MSI Wind...
Have yet to try full load yet, but that would be rather unlikely in day-to-day usage.

Thats not hot at all. My Macbook pro runs at 85 degrees CELsius when on hvy load.and its still working after 3 years.

The S10 runs cool enough. Now if only some one can write something like EEECTL to get rid of the fan noise

lostboi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i dunno leh..but anyway i managed to accidentally solved the problem..i went into the web access and re-key in my WEP key and i was able to log in...mmm strange...as the key is the same my desktop still connected after re-keying the same key...

anyway now i got another problem..i cannot seem to pair my nokia e71 to my s10 using the nokia pc suite....when i attempt to pair the s10's bluetooth client will ask me to pair again...end up the pc suite prompted me error :(
i just found the solution to my own problem...

anyway here's the link hope it helps

http://forums.lenovo.com/lnv/board/message?board.id=ideaPad&thread.id=4483

kazuki666

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
my suggestion to protect ur battery life is to take out the batt n plug in to use when u're at home. only use ur battery when u're outisde to protect it. NEVER overcharge ur battery: switching on the power 24/7 when at home with battery on laptop. it will kill your battery n it's quite expensive to purchase alone.. :D just my little advice.

ya, i kinda realised that too. So actually i am on adaptor now.

As for the previous qns abt WEP, i also had problems with it ytd when i got my wireless router to set up. I asked my IT bro then got the ans.

If u are setting up with WEP, ensure that your passwords are in ten characters of 0-9 and a-f ONLY. Coz they are in HEX, meaning it will not recognise alphabets beyond F.
Or not u can set with WPA.

Anyone know how to set this netbook so that it will not beep whenever i plug in and out the adaptor?

9N1Y9N1Y

Reaction score
thanks alot everyone i manage to solve the language problem...

btw anyone go any memory card reader & dvd writer for s10?

kazuki666

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
thanks alot everyone i manage to solve the language problem...

btw anyone go any memory card reader & dvd writer for s10?

I bought a so call 50+ cardreader at $10 from sitex.
But want to get a dvdwriter too, coz my house desktop's internal writer is down... :(

G4

Master Member
Reaction score
After sitex wonder still can find at this price. $699.

yah, lets hopes so. i didn't expect S10 to be so hot... by the time i reach there, only left white, and i don't really like white. black is the traditional fashion of old IBM, thou it's brought over by Lenovo.

anyway, anyone got any info of S10 selling below 799 with 2G and 6-Cell, pls share :D *799 is a bit high*

Success

Reaction score
manual say s10 will only charge battery if it hits below 95%. So is it still recommended to take out battery when on adapter?

Last edited:

Jhyun

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone encountered fan screeching noise when you tilt the system when the fan is in high speed???

Last edited:

info_guy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
actually the current batts are smart enough to not overcharge.

anyway with the current scene, laptops probably last 2-3 yrs before it's replaced with a new one.

idiort

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
glad see many people got s10 sia.. but all 6 cell sia... lol..

i go and buy acryan external battery b4 i start work just now... at least external can use with other laptops also.. lol...

so i got options use 3 cell when i need use a while or bring external when i need more life.. lol...

will try to help as much as possible to new s10 users here..

phoby

Reaction score
Can provide whats the must have applications for s10 ? And did anyone tried overclocking ?

idiort

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
lol.. i got ccleaner,spyware blaster and anti vir free anti virus... of course vlc,ff and opera

RayOfLight

Reaction score
does the 'orange charging light' ever changes? if no, means that there is not way to know if the battery is fully charged?

if i am not wrong the plug in & out beep sound cannot be remove right? i think all or most lenovo have it?

that's kinda bad..

btw, anyone here tried vista on s10? it there a significant different?

Last edited:

idiort

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
the beep[ sound can remove.. mute the pc beep lohz

1st charge need 8 hrs like tat so it will stay orange till fully charge become blue

RayOfLight

Reaction score
yeap.. that works only upon booting to os.. can't work while booting..
hmm ok.. seems like i need to charge longer.. :D
thanks anyway

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.