Lenovo ideapad S10

idiort

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Btw anyone tried to run 720p movies on the S10? Does it lag?
yar lag a little... need overclock a bit then shud be ok....
Thanks man. Will try this tonight after work!
Anyway, just curious. Is it safe to use? As in bug free virus free???
Coz i am not very IT savvy, so i will try to use stuff as safe as possible...

I have to be honest that if i am to say something i dun like abt s10, it will be its weight...
If only it can cut down to ard 1.2kg...

Guys guys, slow with the postings leh. Very hard to catch up sia. :s13:
This thread is really fast and furious. I tink s10 is the top seller netbook sia.

Btw, i noticed there is another s10 thread here. Can we combine it together? Or else very messy leh... :(

hahahah.. must ask mod combine.... s10 might not be the top seller but the users are certainly active here which is good.. we have a small community in sg...

erm u can try this website also

http://apatch.org/ was posted earlier,seems easier than mess.be.... no virus lahz.. lol

yar s10 a bit heavy since u all got the 6 cell version,not sure of the exact weight though.. but hey,its 10 inch mah,of course heavier than 8.9inch netbook.. anyway its still lighter than eee1000h i think.. not sure abt msi wind.. lol

knoogy

Reaction score
erm.. dunno man.. never really need use dvd or cd.. eberything download or climb :D

yo.. u're way earlier than me.. mine abt 1 month only in oct.. u got it beginning of oct rite...

partition manager ar.. thx.. i go try later...

will update u on this acryan battery..... give me 2-3 days for a few cycles 1st.. running my 1st cycle now.. lol..

erm,s10 battery,i think can buy cheap on ebay.com i estimate abt 115 with shipping??? i wanted to buy initially but i was thinking,with 6 cell battery,cannot fit my current laptop sleeve lehz,must take out separately,tats y never buy the 6 cell from ebay yet.. or can buy from malaysia lenovo? 279rm i think.. abt 140 sg isit or cheaper.. lol..

i didnt know this acryan battery damn heavy sia.. 650grams.. damn... but i will use it only when i go out and need the extra battery life lahz.. still prefer 3 cell for mobility and lighter weight :D

can buy express card and use as usb port.. quite cheap,dunno how much.. 10-30 bucks? hahaha...

my d drive full liao sia.. all the movies and dramas.. lol

Hmm i tot of buying from ebay also, but warrenty issue + only white available now. Maybe got good deal for the AC ryan batt then i grab haha... Getting from Lenovo Msia is half the price of Lenovo singapore... cause of the currency... but not sure if they ship to singapore. i love the compactness of the 3cell... and the slim profile of AC ryan batt, more flexibility. having Acryan 6cell batt + S10 3cell will give u a power duration of close to a 9 cell there about i guess... so its a cheaper and more worth while option unless lenovo 6cell batt got special price for early adopters. At S$239 ...its CRAZY.

snellq

Reaction score
u using those mobile broadband or the mobile data kind of service? i wanted to subscribe for mobile broadband with m1 and tried to ask them not to separate another data card ...i wanted to combo with my current voice line so i can use in my e71..but they say its not possible and i have to subscribe to mobile data services instead...but mobile data is not unlimited..

Forgot to mention that broadband on mobile is actually on top of my existing voice plan.

And that 50G they provided is really a lot. Sufficient to check email everyday coz I never exceeded (so far). Unless you really download something very intensive in size otherwise I think it's fine.

The other two providers should have something similar I supposed...

idiort

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ohh... coz i currently using a IBM x41 series notebook mah.
so think if worth to change to a netbook boh.. coz the weight is about the same to me

ur ibm x41 abt 1.5kg with 6 cell battery isit??

in my opinion,its still faster than netbook lehz....

i got one old acer laptop 1.4ghz pentium m also.. and another 1.73ghz pentium m also.. faster than netbook lehz...

plus ur one 12.1inch... s10 10.1inch.... slightly bigger lahz.. lol.. oh and netbook widescreen.. ur x41 normal rite

idiort

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hmm i tot of buying from ebay also, but warrenty issue + only white available now. Maybe got good deal for the AC ryan batt then i grab haha... Getting from Lenovo Msia is half the price of Lenovo singapore... cause of the currency... but not sure if they ship to singapore. i love the compactness of the 3cell... and the slim profile of AC ryan batt, more flexibility. having Acryan 6cell batt + S10 3cell will give u a power duration of close to a 9 cell there about i guess... so its a cheaper and more worth while option unless lenovo 6cell batt got special price for early adopters. At S$239 ...its CRAZY.

hahaha.. true.. but u better wait till i test my ac ryan mobilit 1st... better make sure the battery is long enuf sia.. hopefully at least 4 hrs.. but its heavy sia....

the only big drawback is tat its damn heavy man.. 650 grams.. i think close to 700 with the cables.. lol... but it really looks sleek and nice lahz.. lol..

now i been using for abt 2 hrs.. still more than 50% left i think... cant tell the exact capacity.. only got 5 led to indicate sia..

the sg price is really crazy... purposely sell ex.. damn knn one.. lol..

anyway who knows,in future,later they make 9 cell or 12 cell s10 battery.. msi wind and eee got i think..

destroy the purpose of netbook but can be useful for long trips like holiday or business trips perhaps.. lol

ramstd

Master Member
Reaction score

idiort

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
when they mention recharge cycle 300 means.. recharging the bat frm 0- full then 0 all over again 300 times?

confused.:(

duynno how it works man... i think yar,recharge from 0-100 300 times for full capacity.. after tat the capacity will drop??

dunno how it works.. if charge from 50% onward and stuffs... but same as battery lahz...

usually after 1 yr,laptop battery capacity drops depending on usage...

invisible01

Reaction score
just googled and Pentium M is faster. mine is around 1.5kg with 8 cell
thot i could find a reason to get the S10 :p

Last edited:

idiort

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
1.5kg with 8 cell.. wow.. can last how long sia.. good enuf lahz.. no reason to change.. lol..

info_guy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
nah if you already have those ultra lightweight notebooks, just stick with them. They should outperform netbooks.

idiort

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yar.. x41 was bloody ex last time also.. now dunno how much.. 2nd hand shud be below 1k? but then u need buy new battery if u buy 2nd hand...

netbook cheap,tats the main advantage..

info_guy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
goodluck ar.. can say other shops offering this prices,see they will give same price anot.. lol

call fatdeals.sg ask also lohz

Just called, their deals not that fat after all, i don't even want to bother posting their offer here.

Looks like need to go down Funan or SLS to find some good offers.

idiort

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
lol.. wads the deal sia.. they raise back after sitex.. lol....

go funan must bargain a lot,must say other shops gives cheaper price and better bundle.see they can match it or give better..

Trish126

Reaction score
my.php
[/URL][/IMG]
my.php
[/URL][/IMG]

These are the pics of my white lappy :D

vaxvms

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
black and white nice nice
anybody with pinky look to show? :D

idiort

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
my 1st test on my ac ryan mobilit ext battery last abt 4hrs 10 mins only... but i was multi tasking a lot and using up the processor quite a lot... watching high quality youtube video,animes and surfing forum nonstop,facebook also... normall on my 3 cell will last 2 hrs only doing all this...

knoogy

Reaction score
my 1st test on my ac ryan mobilit ext battery last abt 4hrs 10 mins only... but i was multi tasking a lot and using up the processor quite a lot... watching high quality youtube video,animes and surfing forum nonstop,facebook also... normall on my 3 cell will last 2 hrs only doing all this...

Hey Dude... thanks for the report. So take it as 4 hrs, plus the 2hrs from the 3cell... so total 6hrs minimum... not bad... Should compliment well together with my car charger hehee. will hunt ard for a good deal =)

idiort

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hey Dude... thanks for the report. So take it as 4 hrs, plus the 2hrs from the 3cell... so total 6hrs minimum... not bad... Should compliment well together with my car charger hehee. will hunt ard for a good deal =)

yar man... with normal surfing usage,i think can last 5 hrs.. will test again tonight :D

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.