HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Internship

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-06-2020, 11:27 AM   #16

Actually, Schneider Electric Singapore is the company's first carbon-neutral building. Afterwards, they will start to convert rest of their facilities into carbon-neutral buildings.
can you elaborate what you mean by Schneider Electric is a carbon-neutral building? where do you get these information from though?
jacob0207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2020, 02:57 PM   #17

can you elaborate what you mean by Schneider Electric is a carbon-neutral building? where do you get these information from though?
I got most of the information from the Schneider Electric website I provided in one of the posts. Just gonna have to navigate around. As for carbon neutrality, or having a net zero carbon footprint, refers to achieving net zero carbon dioxide emissions by balancing carbon emissions with carbon removal or simply eliminating carbon emissions altogether (taken from Wikipedia).
judyowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2020, 12:05 PM   #18

Having the Schneider Electric building run on solar power, renewable electricity
jonas88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2020, 11:49 AM   #19

so meaning that the Schneider Electric office building is carbon neutral or like the buildings they have been building?
Old 22-06-2020, 03:22 PM   #20

so meaning that the Schneider Electric office building is carbon neutral or like the buildings they have been building?
It's the schneider electric office building itself
jonas88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2020, 06:48 AM   #21

My supervisor mentioned before that Schneider Electric, being an energy management company, is trying to reduce carbon emissions and moving towards zero waste
Yup its true. So if you can help them in clean energy, or have relevant experience, it will be a boost to the resume.
Old 10-07-2020, 09:44 PM   #22

There seems to be a discussion on Schneider Electric building and carbon neutral here. May i know which building is that? And what is so special about that building? And what is carbon neutral?
jolintay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2020, 08:29 PM   #23

Oh i think which Schneider Electric building you are referring to. I found this article on indesign:
https://www.indesignlive.sg/happenin...n-neutral-2020
jolintay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2020, 02:15 PM   #24

There seems to be a discussion on Schneider Electric building and carbon neutral here. May i know which building is that? And what is so special about that building? And what is carbon neutral?
carbon neutral is like either having offset your carbon emissions with carbon removal or eliminating carbon emissions altogether. in other words, in Schneider Electric case, it is like having the building run on solar power, renewable electricity as mentioned by jonas88 and the article you provided.
judyowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2020, 10:56 AM   #25

with respect to what is so special about Schneider Electric building going carbon neutral, it is precisely because it is able to go carbon neutral that makes it so special, just like our City Square Mall. you can think of carbon emission as greenhouse emission, which of course contributing to greenhouse gas and global warming. things like large building running on electricity which comes from burning of fossil fuels, mostly coals and natural gas, already produce quite an amount of carbon in a year.
Old 24-07-2020, 11:54 AM   #26

with respect to what is so special about Schneider Electric building going carbon neutral, it is precisely because it is able to go carbon neutral that makes it so special, just like our City Square Mall. you can think of carbon emission as greenhouse emission, which of course contributing to greenhouse gas and global warming. things like large building running on electricity which comes from burning of fossil fuels, mostly coals and natural gas, already produce quite an amount of carbon in a year.
Schneider Electric probably has the financial capability to do such a huge project like this.
monochromepanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2020, 03:07 PM   #27

I mean Schneider Electric company profile is to provide energy and automation digital solutions for efficiency and sustainability. I believe this is something that they should be doing to step up their game.
mrsmartyspecs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2020, 01:42 PM   #28

Schneider Electric probably has the financial capability to do such a huge project like this.
i mean Schneider Electric definitely does have the financial capability to do so, but so do other companies as well. but not all companies practise sustainability.
Old 28-07-2020, 05:36 PM   #29

other Schneider Electric, CDL, Microsoft and Samsung do have sustainability efforts as well. can take a look at their annual sustainability reports. think Samsung one got released not long ago
mrsmartyspecs is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.