HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Internship

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-06-2020, 10:32 AM   #1

Internship

does anyone know about companies or organisations that are offering internships and at the same time, is also known for their sustainability etc? i am currently trying to explore my options and i am interested in marketing, especially on sustainability. there are many companies/organisations that are promoting sustainability but i find that it is important the way the company is promoting it, and if the company is really putting their words into action.
jacob0207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 12:39 PM   #2

There are actually many companies which are promoting sustainability. I think some of the most prominent one in Singapore is City Development and Capitaland. They are even included in the 100 most sustainable companies of 2020. Having said that, it also means that I find that it might be quite tough to secure an internship with these companies, especially during this COVID situation. You can try your luck!!

From personal experience, I think you can try Schneider Electric as well. They are a European company and there's a branch in Singapore. I know they treat the next generation (the young generation) with importance as they have quite a number of initiatives targeting at improving and scouting young talent. I have interned there before and the internship experience was really very fruitful and positive. As for the sustainability aspect right, Schneider Electric Foundation or something like that are currently coming out with the Tomorrow Rising Fund in light of COVID-19 (I found out from their website haha so you can find out more from there if you are keen). It seems like that they are quite clear in their goals and values. I am not very well-versed with sustainability so I think it is better if you go check it out yourself. Good luck with your search for internship!!
judyowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2020, 12:06 PM   #3

did some research on the 3 companies that you mentioned. on one hand, i was unable to find any internship opportunities with CDL, only career opportunities. on the other hand, Capitaland seems to have good internship opportunities. i guess one important quality to consider is that they are looking for students who are passionate about real estate, which is not so much of my interest. but both companies are indeed known for their sustainability. Schneider Electric, like Capitaland, also focuses a lot on young talent and has many internship opportunities. i like how both companies are really focused and well-developed on their sustainability efforts. maybe I will try both companies when the next internship opportunity come as it might be too late now...
Old 09-06-2020, 03:18 PM   #4

Quite cool that you're looking for companies that promote sustainability. Which major are you from haha? If you would like to know about how's it like in Schneider Electric, I can share my internship experience
Old 10-06-2020, 10:40 AM   #5

Quite cool that you're looking for companies that promote sustainability. Which major are you from haha? If you would like to know about how's it like in Schneider Electric, I can share my internship experience
i am from NM major and i am interested in marketing. do you by any chance have any knowledge of how Schneider Electric sustainability efforts are like during your internship there?
Old 10-06-2020, 12:41 PM   #6

did some research on the 3 companies that you mentioned. on one hand, i was unable to find any internship opportunities with CDL, only career opportunities. on the other hand, Capitaland seems to have good internship opportunities. i guess one important quality to consider is that they are looking for students who are passionate about real estate, which is not so much of my interest. but both companies are indeed known for their sustainability. Schneider Electric, like Capitaland, also focuses a lot on young talent and has many internship opportunities. i like how both companies are really focused and well-developed on their sustainability efforts. maybe I will try both companies when the next internship opportunity come as it might be too late now...
huh I am pretty sure that with such a huge company, City Development should offer internships. maybe you can try finding from other platforms or emailing them?
I would suggest that you email Capitaland and Schneider Electric soon or now regarding internships because it is better to secure an internship now if possible than fight with the rest when the application period is near.
mrsmartyspecs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 02:43 PM   #7

i am from NM major and i am interested in marketing. do you by any chance have any knowledge of how Schneider Electric sustainability efforts are like during your internship there?
My supervisor mentioned before that Schneider Electric, being an energy management company, is trying to reduce carbon emissions and moving towards zero waste
Old 10-06-2020, 02:45 PM   #8

huh I am pretty sure that with such a huge company, City Development should offer internships. maybe you can try finding from other platforms or emailing them?
I would suggest that you email Capitaland and Schneider Electric soon or now regarding internships because it is better to secure an internship now if possible than fight with the rest when the application period is near.
Ya haha I agree! Big companies like Schneider Electric can get quite competitive in terms of securing an internship...
Old 11-06-2020, 10:03 AM   #9

My supervisor mentioned before that Schneider Electric, being an energy management company, is trying to reduce carbon emissions and moving towards zero waste
do you know like what specific steps Schneider Electric has taken to move towards sustainability? or like how are they reducing carbon emissions and moving towards zero waste?
Old 11-06-2020, 11:54 AM   #10

do you know like what specific steps Schneider Electric has taken to move towards sustainability? or like how are they reducing carbon emissions and moving towards zero waste?
I don't think I am capable enough or equipped enough to update you about their sustainability efforts because my internship is over. But huge companies like Schneider Electric, City Development and Capitaland have extensive efforts in sustainability strategies which cannot be put in just a few words.
Generally, you can find out more about their efforts here: https://www.se.com/sg/en/work/servic...y-strategy.jsp
(sorry it was quite confusing for someone like me who is not so interested in sustainability to actually summarise for you so you can go read it up if you are interested in finding out more) their website have a lot information on their efforts and it looks pretty elaborated (to me...)
Old 12-06-2020, 09:54 AM   #11

I don't think I am capable enough or equipped enough to update you about their sustainability efforts because my internship is over. But huge companies like Schneider Electric, City Development and Capitaland have extensive efforts in sustainability strategies which cannot be put in just a few words.
Generally, you can find out more about their efforts here: https://www.se.com/sg/en/work/servic...y-strategy.jsp
(sorry it was quite confusing for someone like me who is not so interested in sustainability to actually summarise for you so you can go read it up if you are interested in finding out more) their website have a lot information on their efforts and it looks pretty elaborated (to me...)
i appreciate the website and the information provided on Schneider Electric and i agree indeed that large companies like them do have extensive efforts on sustainability efforts. their marketing on that seems to be not lacking either. thanks for letting me know that i have more options to explore for my internship
Old 15-06-2020, 03:40 PM   #12

Schneider Electric office building use smart technologies that reduces energy consumption, and they use solar energy in powering their building

Last edited by mrsmartyspecs; 16-06-2020 at 10:18 AM..
Old 15-06-2020, 07:33 PM   #13

Schneider Electric office building use smart technologies that reduces energy consumption, and they use solar energy in powering their building
do you mean Schneider Electric in Singapore only or global wise? this sounds as fascinating as City Square Mall

Last edited by jacob0207; 17-06-2020 at 11:25 AM..
Old 16-06-2020, 10:24 AM   #14

do you mean Schneider Electric in Singapore only or global wise? this sounds as fascinating as City Square Mall
at least from my knowledge, Schneider Electric building in Singapore does this. which means high likely that their headquarters or other buildings should do the same, isn't it? not too sure about this but if they are advocating for responsible actions for sustainability, i believe they should at least be able to do this.
Old 16-06-2020, 02:57 PM   #15

Actually, Schneider Electric Singapore is the company's first carbon-neutral building. Afterwards, they will start to convert rest of their facilities into carbon-neutral buildings.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.