NTU EEE

leqj1993

Reaction score
Hi,
I heard that it is really hard to score well in ntu Eee as compared to the other engineering courses. Is it true?
My phy and math aren't that strong. So would it be even harder for me?

Last edited:

kennethtbh

Reaction score
If u really put in the effort to study, it really isn't that hard to get a B in most mods.Key is to be consistent. If last min hug Buddha leg then maybe diff story.

natnoraa

Banned
Reaction score
not true. the average is 3+, where the bulk of 2.2 or the second lower comes in. agreed with what kennethtbh mentioned. if you pay attention in class and just do some revisions and tutorials faithfully, getting a B on average is not hard (which is a 3.5). come in if you think you'll fall in love with electrical (wires transformers and high voltage applications etc.), electronics ( integrated circuit chip designs, fabrications and the likes or your handphone chips from apple, samsung etc.) or infocomms. ( think of 3g,4g,lte etc). you can walk off into any industry after that too. need not have to restrict yourself just to eee related fields.

natnoraa

graciejjcouple

Reaction score
The average is about 3ish. And I think it depends very much on your first semester if you do the maths. And other than paying attention, try to get notes from seniors. that would tremendously increase your efficiency!
CHEERS

cleffa3000

Honorary Member
Reaction score
if u rike programming u can go try comp eng or sci as 1st choice then put eee as 2nd choice

kenpohwq

Reaction score
Just a humble piece of advice: Don't let your past results hold you back. Like you, I got mediocre A level results with also a C in physics and D in maths. I also never passed Maths in JC until my A levels. I'm currently going into my second year at EEE and got a first sem gpa of 4.0. For the 2nd sem, it dropped abit to 3.98. Its nothing fantastic and i'm sure to many people it can't even be considered 'decent'. Still, I definitely expected much lower considering my A level results. At some point, we just got to put our foot down, ask ourselves what went wrong, and stop focusing on our past mistakes. Starting afresh in Uni is the best chance to do that and prove you can do anything as long as you put your mind to it. Don't be afraid to go for EEE just because of your A levels. Who knows, you might just surprise yourself. All the best in your journey! :)

tjkb230

Master Member
Reaction score
A recent grad from EEE this year, can share a bit of info about EEE tho the syllabus has changed for freshmen coming in.

Agree with what kenpohwq has said, you should start anew and not remind yourself with your past A level result. My A level result was only average but did relatively well for uni. So it is completely possible to score in EEE.

First year you will learn basic engineering knowledge. Only from second year onwards then you start to really learn EEE stuff.

Try to go for every class if possible and keep focus during lectures. Attempt all tutorials to go through the concept yourself (this is super important!), make sure you understand the concept well at that point of time. Otherwise, you can copy but make sure you also understand as well.

I'm not asking you to maintain it till exams, because all people would tend to forget after that as they move on to learn other stuff. During free time, spend a bit of it try to refresh your memory starting with week 1 stuff.

When nearing to exam times, refresh yourself with all the knowledge required. Practise past year papers to get the exam feel but do not expect much for the questions already appeared, because always will have new questions surprise one.

Remember mindset and what you really want to achieve at the end of your uni life are really important. If you want to achieve good results, then work hard right from day 1 in NTU. Don't wait till year 4, it doesn't work that way.

Module-wise, some modules require a bit of physics knowledge, some modules will require you to visualise a bit while some are either very calculation-intensive or memory-intensive. But don't try to memorise all, try to get the general picture and then memorise some of the key concepts. Formulas will come to you naturally, anyway formula list will be given so it's up to your ability to memorize.

smallJB

Reaction score
only first week jiu very stress liao. alot of stuff all forgotten....can any one help me?

Fighter-15

Reaction score
Dont worry. when you panic then you will study harder. focus now.

i believe the one teaching Math A is prof chua? he is good. so dont worry.
go clash his tutorial lesson. Math is a must-score subject.

as for physics A, its suck. you really have to depend on yourself.
all the AT professor cant teach.

what i always believe in : Maintain your pace, always complete your tutorial before lesson, be smarter than the school system (if you know what I mean) and be prepared for exam(Dont expect to know how to do every Q. It is impossible to know everything.)

Be like johnny walker. KEEP WALKING! DONT GIVE UP!

kennethtbh

Reaction score
Dont worry. when you panic then you will study harder. focus now.

i believe the one teaching Math A is prof chua? he is good. so dont worry.
go clash his tutorial lesson. Math is a must-score subject.

as for physics A, its suck. you really have to depend on yourself.
all the AT professor cant teach.

what i always believe in : Maintain your pace, always complete your tutorial before lesson, be smarter than the school system (if you know what I mean) and be prepared for exam(Dont expect to know how to do every Q. It is impossible to know everything.)

Be like johnny walker. KEEP WALKING! DONT GIVE UP!

definitely agree with this. go into the tutorial lessons knowing what you dont understand can help you be able to clarify doubts and understand the topic earlier and make subsequent revisions easier.

smallJB

Reaction score
definitely agree with this. go into the tutorial lessons knowing what you dont understand can help you be able to clarify doubts and understand the topic earlier and make subsequent revisions easier.

basically all dont understand, the lecturer like machine gub, shoot very fast.

Fighter-15

Reaction score
POLY student

then u should be fine. just refresh urself.

give u some tips.

physics A: read textbook to have better understanding. Practice lots of Qs before going for quiz. Quiz is just MCQ but require to show your working. For exam, practice practice practice! then look for your professor if you got any doubt/question.

Circuit analysis: read textbook no use. just practice. go download textbook and practice the Qs. Master the basic. Mesh/nodal analysis.

Digital Electronic: once again. practice! the starting part very easy. just number system which you need to excel. because at the back, it get tougher and confusing. I believe the prof is prof goh wang ling . she is a super good prof. trust her!

Math: practice practice! now is just differentiation and integration right? at the back, it is vector and infinite sequences and series. this is confusing but doable.

always rmb. you must maintain your pace. dont wait for last min. if you do well at the start, you will be more motivated to do well for exam. so score well for quiz!

I send you a private msg. take a look!

junior90

Reaction score
You can download e-books from websites, especially those that your profs recommend you to buy so as to enhance your understanding as some portions in your lecture notes are very brief and not very precise imo (especially for Circuit Analysis and Physics A).

In poly, I was able to obtain 'A' for some modules despite not paying attention during lectures, skipping tutorials and doing last minute studying. However, THIS DOES NOT APPLY TO UNI.

Thus, be consistent and complete as many tutorials as you can before the tutorial lessons. DON'T PROCRASTINATE or you will find yourself being stacked with lots of uncompleted tutorials as time goes by. When in doubt, never hesitate to pay a visit to the offices of your respective professors.

Maintain this for the whole sem and you'll do just fine. :D

smallJB

Reaction score
You can download e-books from websites, especially those that your profs recommend you to buy so as to enhance your understanding as some portions in your lecture notes are very brief and not very precise imo (especially for Circuit Analysis and Physics A).

In poly, I was able to obtain 'A' for some modules despite not paying attention during lectures, skipping tutorials and doing last minute studying. However, THIS DOES NOT APPLY TO UNI.

Thus, be consistent and complete as many tutorials as you can before the tutorial lessons. DON'T PROCRASTINATE or you will find yourself being stacked with lots of uncompleted tutorials as time goes by. When in doubt, never hesitate to pay a visit to the offices of your respective professors.

Maintain this for the whole sem and you'll do just fine. :D

I got try to do tutorials, but they seem too difficult lor.

anyone want to form a study group and study together?

I heard it will help....

suangern

Reaction score
I got try to do tutorials, but they seem too difficult lor.

anyone want to form a study group and study together?

I heard it will help....
make friends will your classmates lor.
study group effectiveness depends.

be positive, you will do it! :s12:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.