Is it too late to find friends in NTU??

PowerBB

Master Member
Reaction score
I'm a NTU freshman and I just returned home from orientation today and it was a sad and demoralising day for me. I came to school just now with the intention of making new friends but jialat sia everyone have their own OG or cliques and i was alone. It will be awkward if i suddenly join their gang. There were some people like me also alone themselves but most probably FT.

Nvr had the chance to go freshmen camp or stay in halls coz just disrupted from NS and stay so near. I dont know if it's too early for me to be emo coz only orientation week but I worried for my uni future sia, i dont want to be a loner all the way, cnnt sia.

Will there be any camps that i could join or cca fair or something like that?? Or perhaps you guys can give me some advice?

So how? Managed to find new kakis?

pree_yya

Reaction score
Will be joining Msc.Supply chain & Logistics Aug 2015 .. would like to get acquainted with anyone joining NTU 2015 :)

kazora

Reaction score
babbling

Tell you what. If by now you still haven found your clique i say you better do something awesome to find one or go talk to the most friendly looking person in the class.

Likely you should approach a small group (2-3?), ie. the in-betweeners or gamer/nerd clique and not the popz kid/smoking clique. Just straight up tell them that you want to be friends with them. Honesty is the best policy here. A few weeks in you will probably know which people are which and what are their interests from hearing them talk in class. You should join a group that you think you will feel most at ease with.

Aside from that ccas are actually pretty good although you gotta give it full steam ahead with the people you meet so that the whatsapp group will not die off after only a few months. Still nothing you do will guarantee that you will make one of those close friendships (like those in sec sch) but never limit your options!

Last edited:

TheSGHater

Reaction score
Better to find the right friends than wrong friends

There was a guy whom I know since secondary school, I didn't liked him from the start only became hi bye friends because of mutual friends. The things he does are always illogical and getting people into trouble and himself too. The best he did was scam girls money, not once but twice with 2 different girls. I knew because one of them met me and my other friends a few times and she eventually couldn't take it and told us about it. She told us this guy cheated her money they both agreed to share their atm card but the guy gave her an empty card meaning no money and used her card to purchase several stuff. Also each time the guy when to visit her in Malaysia he will make use of her wealth there too, getting free stay , free food and clothes and wallet. I think it's very unethical lol. Being a guy do you not have any guilt or self conscious? Or did your parents not teach you? Oh ya you don't even care about your parents too. Spend all their hard earn money. What a spoiled brat. I don't wanna to be evil like you but I am waiting for your downfall. Karma is round.

twinbaby

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi there

I survived without much friends in NTU for the first 3 years. Eating lunch alone most of the time.

Mmontes1215

Reaction score
Yes you can surely survive without friends but having one is still far different..things are more memorable with friends. Also, it's nice to have someone whom you can share your thoughts with...and in turn, someone you can listen to.

You have all the time. Of course you can still make friends. Just break that barrier you have built.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.