HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Choosing NUS Hall: Help!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-05-2008, 07:07 AM   #31

money money money, it's a rich man's world!
Haiya ... you need money for almost anything in this world lor ... not all .. ALMOST .. Your HDB, your parents pay also mah. You stay inside mah. Still money lo...

Where got high crass prison? Halls very nice le. It's like chalet with average catered food le. Prison .. u go toilet ... see no boundaries le.. once you drop soap, die liao. Walk out Buttock pain one.

But halls? Where got such thing ... you drop your soap .. your buttock pain becos of different reason (slip and fall down)
Old 27-05-2008, 02:29 PM   #32

i that time went for the tour.. the guides all keep on saying die die ought to try out the hall life for at least one year. lol... i stay very very far.. i tot of trying also. i only scared noisy.. then sianz 1/2 liao.. got pp say close doors still can hear pp toking one pengz... then will be irritated when u doing ur work. ehh when u all say FAR from faculties... errr all connected by internal bus rite? dont scare me sia... pay so much liao later gor problem. lol.
kennylkl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2008, 03:50 PM   #33
Master Member

i that time went for the tour.. the guides all keep on saying die die ought to try out the hall life for at least one year. lol... i stay very very far.. i tot of trying also. i only scared noisy.. then sianz 1/2 liao.. got pp say close doors still can hear pp toking one pengz... then will be irritated when u doing ur work. ehh when u all say FAR from faculties... errr all connected by internal bus rite? dont scare me sia... pay so much liao later gor problem. lol.
I think maybe you could try it out for 1 semester. If your neighbors are really that bad, ie noisy and stubborn, then quit hall.

Otherwise, apply for residences instead of hall. There are generally lesser activities/ interactions in residences. So the noise lvl might be lower.
Old 27-05-2008, 08:38 PM   #34

Yeap! True. From what i heard/research on the web ... residence is less happening and more quiet. So it's alot more conducive for studying. I think they too have study clusters?

Not too sure about halls though.

Hall, i think it really depends on which hall and what kind of neighbours you get. It can be very rowdy especially if you are surrounded with socialites and LOUD people.

Personally, for me i'm applying for PGP as my first choice. I don't really wanna get bogged down with too many activities. I suppose those seniors jolly well how the atmosphere is like in NUS. So yeah. Just spend your time with some decent CCA ... party once in a while ... but study well at the same time.
Old 27-05-2008, 10:48 PM   #35
Great Supremacy Member

Yeap! True. From what i heard/research on the web ... residence is less happening and more quiet. So it's alot more conducive for studying. I think they too have study clusters?

Not too sure about halls though.

Hall, i think it really depends on which hall and what kind of neighbours you get. It can be very rowdy especially if you are surrounded with socialites and LOUD people.

Personally, for me i'm applying for PGP as my first choice. I don't really wanna get bogged down with too many activities. I suppose those seniors jolly well how the atmosphere is like in NUS. So yeah. Just spend your time with some decent CCA ... party once in a while ... but study well at the same time.
decent cca not enuff to secure you a spot in residence next year, my guess the points will be 48 min
Tread softly because you tread on my dreams. - W B Yeats
Geforce3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2008, 10:49 PM   #36
Great Supremacy Member

Haiya ... you need money for almost anything in this world lor ... not all .. ALMOST .. Your HDB, your parents pay also mah. You stay inside mah. Still money lo...

Where got high crass prison? Halls very nice le. It's like chalet with average catered food le. Prison .. u go toilet ... see no boundaries le.. once you drop soap, die liao. Walk out Buttock pain one.

But halls? Where got such thing ... you drop your soap .. your buttock pain becos of different reason (slip and fall down)
got bars everywhere @ sheares for each enterence, don't you think it makes it look like a prison?
Old 27-05-2008, 11:20 PM   #37

I think maybe you could try it out for 1 semester. If your neighbors are really that bad, ie noisy and stubborn, then quit hall.

Otherwise, apply for residences instead of hall. There are generally lesser activities/ interactions in residences. So the noise lvl might be lower.
oook.... icic.... okiee i'll tink about it... yest KR hall pp called me.. ask me still interested in joining their hall orientation or not LOL!!!!!!!!!
Old 27-05-2008, 11:28 PM   #38
Honorary Member

decent cca not enuff to secure you a spot in residence next year, my guess the points will be 48 min
not 36points?
Old 27-05-2008, 11:31 PM   #39
Great Supremacy Member

my friend got rvr with 48 points, cut off is 48
Old 27-05-2008, 11:31 PM   #40
Great Supremacy Member

oook.... icic.... okiee i'll tink about it... yest KR hall pp called me.. ask me still interested in joining their hall orientation or not LOL!!!!!!!!!
you join, should be able to stay @ KR next sem
Old 28-05-2008, 09:20 AM   #41

you join, should be able to stay @ KR next sem
hi.. wau like that one ah... ICIC... wau then i must think properly liao sia LOL.. as usual.. i onli scared noisy and get distracted onli. that time i went c c ... durings so nv its still ok... but the room quite nice sia.. whahahaha.. maybe go apply residence.. c how.. btw is it every semester also must BID for hostel rooms ah? this one i really dunno.. can anyone enlighten me on this?
Old 28-05-2008, 01:23 PM   #42
Great Supremacy Member

every AY, you need to apply loh, but they based it on the amount of CCA pts you have or whether you are on the mc of those big societies
Old 28-05-2008, 02:18 PM   #43

ahh wait wait ... errr AY is one academic year rite? so if i manged to get into one of the halls this coming sem... AUTO next sem will get? or is it after first sem.. the following sem need to bid liao? puzzled.... then ah.. i wondering if u play guitar in ur room.. will ur neighbours WHALLOP u or not LOL.
Old 28-05-2008, 02:25 PM   #44

every AY, you need to apply loh, but they based it on the amount of CCA pts you have or whether you are on the mc of those big societies
eh how come u so famous? got pp say in other threads that u'll wecome freshies with both hands LOL!!!!!!!!! that time when pp say geforce3 i didnt know they're toking about u... i tot how come got graphic card model sia.
Old 28-05-2008, 02:48 PM   #45
Master Member

ahh wait wait ... errr AY is one academic year rite? so if i manged to get into one of the halls this coming sem... AUTO next sem will get? or is it after first sem.. the following sem need to bid liao? puzzled.... then ah.. i wondering if u play guitar in ur room.. will ur neighbours WHALLOP u or not LOL.
Yes. You will get the same room in 2nd sem unless you decide to quit. For the second yr, you would have to re-apply and that would be based on your CCA pts accumulated.

I think your guitar question is quite hilarious. Getting whallop by neighbors for playing the guitar? I have neighbors who not only plays the guitar but also gather together in one of their rooms to practice singing.

I think it's all abt tolerance and knowing when to make noise and when not to make noise.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.