Choosing NUS Hall: Help!

xolp3000

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Haha, my advice: on day 1, check in, look at the place, bring some cleaning stuff (cloth, bucket, detergent) to clean the place up. decide on what u need.

day 2, bring your stuff in set everything up, etc.

if u attempt to bring your stuff on day 1, you end up with some stuff which u may not need. and you have to make a second trip to bring stuff that u didnt bring the first time around.

i got rh in 09/10 sem 2, applied for a single room, but in the end they gave me double without warning. First day, made a mistake of bringing the heaviest stuff, fridge, speakers etc. In the end speakers also use damn little, because dont want to disturb room mate etc, wasted so much effort bringing them around...

fzhfzh

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Haha, my advice: on day 1, check in, look at the place, bring some cleaning stuff (cloth, bucket, detergent) to clean the place up. decide on what u need.

day 2, bring your stuff in set everything up, etc.

if u attempt to bring your stuff on day 1, you end up with some stuff which u may not need. and you have to make a second trip to bring stuff that u didnt bring the first time around.

i got rh in 09/10 sem 2, applied for a single room, but in the end they gave me double without warning. First day, made a mistake of bringing the heaviest stuff, fridge, speakers etc. In the end speakers also use damn little, because dont want to disturb room mate etc, wasted so much effort bringing them around...

Freezer...

Oh, because if didn't bring anything first time, I scared 2nd time not enough to bring everything, like all the stuff + some monitors and speakers.

michelleyuen

Reaction score
just use the washing machine to wash your clothes but dun put your nice clothes into the dryer...air dry them.

but once you stay in hall long enough, you'll just throw everything into washing machine and dryer.

fzhfzh

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I just bring home my laundry every weekend to wash lolz.

Hemera

Reaction score
Report to mod for thread digging, haha.

Hi sorry for digging up this old thread, applying to Hal's this year, not active in jc cca, planning to join their camps /gatherings to know more ppl. What are the chances like?/:

Alpaca

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi sorry for digging up this old thread, applying to Hal's this year, not active in jc cca, planning to join their camps /gatherings to know more ppl. What are the chances like?/:

most hall camp application already closed :( but u still can get it to hall though ,jus try . gging hall camp dun guarantee a place in hall also :)

benben

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
wah since this thread kena dig up, hopefully can get some advice.

in ns now, next year matriculate for ay 14/15. got into science, planning to major in life sci.
may i ask which hall is closest? and also which hall have the best softball team huh?

Alpaca

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
wah since this thread kena dig up, hopefully can get some advice.

in ns now, next year matriculate for ay 14/15. got into science, planning to major in life sci.
may i ask which hall is closest? and also which hall have the best softball team huh?

aiyo hall distance dun really matters ... go raffles hall if u wan :s12::s12:

nomnomnom

Reaction score
Can I ask what do Hall Exposure Camps do.....? :)

The objective is to show freshies how hall life is like, so the freshies can make a better decision if they wish to stay in hall, residence.

On the other hand... Nvm hahaha :s8:

Anw, I think nus is going to implement an educational curriculum structure into the halls, like the utown programme. :s13:

swordsly

Master Member
Reaction score
The objective is to show freshies how hall life is like, so the freshies can make a better decision if they wish to stay in hall, residence.

Anw, I think nus is going to implement an educational curriculum structure into the halls, like the utown programme. :s13:

zhun anot huan?
moi see those hall promo vid ish talk until go in sibei got time riddat :s13:

caonini

Reaction score

Weiii don't like that leh what's with the "on the other hand" :sad:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.