Choosing NUS Hall: Help!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-06-2010, 06:11 PM   #91
Great Supremacy Member

and you have the dough
Tread softly because you tread on my dreams. - W B Yeats
Geforce3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2010, 09:55 AM   #92

Elsenoire, may I know which halls did you apply for? and what is your first choice?
Can't remember. I just know I avoided applying for two halls which I found out to be sports halls. Applied for single for all three.

Just out of curiosity, what's the failure rate like for housing admissions?
elsenoire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2010, 09:45 PM   #93

Can't remember. I just know I avoided applying for two halls which I found out to be sports halls. Applied for single for all three.

Just out of curiosity, what's the failure rate like for housing admissions?
I guess you're referring to Eusoff and Temasek Halls right.

And were you active in your JC CCA?
pokerfaceee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2010, 01:32 PM   #94

Talking

I guess you're referring to Eusoff and Temasek Halls right.

And were you active in your JC CCA?
Yea, I think Temasek was one of them, can't remember about Eusoff though. Wasn't active in CCA. Mine was like AV Crew so it was pretty much mundane. I took part more in writing newsletters for the school, organizing service learning activities between classes and providing tuition. Had around 5 or so things to write. Definitely cannot fight against those with entire lists of stuff but what I wrote should be more or less solid one. I'll just check in with them again, maybe apply and try for the late admissions one. Meanwhile, I'll just prepare to join the legion of cross-country commuters.
elsenoire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2010, 01:32 PM   #95
Great Supremacy Member

just stay over in school if u have to rush projects loh haha
Old 28-06-2010, 01:48 PM   #96
Master Member

Yea, I think Temasek was one of them, can't remember about Eusoff though. Wasn't active in CCA. Mine was like AV Crew so it was pretty much mundane. I took part more in writing newsletters for the school, organizing service learning activities between classes and providing tuition. Had around 5 or so things to write. Definitely cannot fight against those with entire lists of stuff but what I wrote should be more or less solid one. I'll just check in with them again, maybe apply and try for the late admissions one. Meanwhile, I'll just prepare to join the legion of cross-country commuters.
Try for residences if cannot get hall.
Old 05-07-2010, 01:51 PM   #97
Supremacy Member

Haha congrats man! What's your CCA? and which hall did you get into?
i stayed in TH for 1.5 yrs liao. now not staying le
dskw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 07:03 PM   #98
Arch-Supremacy Member

moi got into raffles hall.
MatrixFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 06:41 PM   #99
Supremacy Member

What do you usually bring when checking in that time? Do you bring a whole luggage bag of stuff on the day of checking in or usually brought in later on? Also, what do they provide for the halls/residences? Got pillow/bedsheet etc or need to bring them yourself?
fzhfzh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 10:59 PM   #100
Great Supremacy Member

What do you usually bring when checking in that time? Do you bring a whole luggage bag of stuff on the day of checking in or usually brought in later on? Also, what do they provide for the halls/residences? Got pillow/bedsheet etc or need to bring them yourself?
only got tilam nia (pillow boh), furniture, halls got washing machine + dryer, that's about it
Old 09-07-2010, 11:53 PM   #101
Supremacy Member

Haha, my advice: on day 1, check in, look at the place, bring some cleaning stuff (cloth, bucket, detergent) to clean the place up. decide on what u need.

day 2, bring your stuff in set everything up, etc.

if u attempt to bring your stuff on day 1, you end up with some stuff which u may not need. and you have to make a second trip to bring stuff that u didnt bring the first time around.

i got rh in 09/10 sem 2, applied for a single room, but in the end they gave me double without warning. First day, made a mistake of bringing the heaviest stuff, fridge, speakers etc. In the end speakers also use damn little, because dont want to disturb room mate etc, wasted so much effort bringing them around...
xolp3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 08:18 AM   #102
Supremacy Member

Haha, my advice: on day 1, check in, look at the place, bring some cleaning stuff (cloth, bucket, detergent) to clean the place up. decide on what u need.

day 2, bring your stuff in set everything up, etc.

if u attempt to bring your stuff on day 1, you end up with some stuff which u may not need. and you have to make a second trip to bring stuff that u didnt bring the first time around.

i got rh in 09/10 sem 2, applied for a single room, but in the end they gave me double without warning. First day, made a mistake of bringing the heaviest stuff, fridge, speakers etc. In the end speakers also use damn little, because dont want to disturb room mate etc, wasted so much effort bringing them around...
Freezer...

Oh, because if didn't bring anything first time, I scared 2nd time not enough to bring everything, like all the stuff + some monitors and speakers.
fzhfzh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 10:08 AM   #103
Arch-Supremacy Member

Clothes can hang-dry where in your room's windows? I usually hand-wash my clothes.
MatrixFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 12:15 PM   #104
Great Supremacy Member

Clothes can hang-dry where in your room's windows? I usually hand-wash my clothes.
hand wash, if u have time go ahead
Old 06-08-2010, 04:01 PM   #105

just use the washing machine to wash your clothes but dun put your nice clothes into the dryer...air dry them.

but once you stay in hall long enough, you'll just throw everything into washing machine and dryer.
michelleyuen is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.