HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

costs involved for overseas exchange?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-01-2011, 11:05 AM   #76
Arch-Supremacy Member

but i'm in engin lol. everyone except me so zai... and sweden dont teach in english so its easier to get right? i dunno...
they teach in English there
orc_exp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2011, 03:43 PM   #77

they teach in English there
really? which uni!
kaya14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2011, 07:49 PM   #78
Supremacy Member

hi, i also interested in SEP, but my cap very low like 3.5 type of low and the worst problem is i have a grade d in one module, thus i cannot fulfil the minimum requirements. Even then, do you guys think there is a chance to appeal for my case?

another question is regarding 1 year sep, is this harder to apply compared to the normal 1 sem sep? i have no idea so need your help. this one year sep can maximum map how many credits ar? cause i remember there was a maximum you can exclude from cap, so this 1 year sep is usually underloaded?

thanks man
just apply. u might not get ur first choice, u might not get the popular unis, but dont let the D stop u i know of ppl who get D and still went overseas. i talked to the staff at the dean's office and they told me that they will still consider such people to go for SEP.

1 year SEP is probably harder ba. i know of 2 ppl who was/is on 1-year SEP. 1 from nus exchanged at US uni, PR of deans list. another is korean mm exchanging at nus. dunno how she is doing. lol
dskw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2011, 08:06 PM   #79

just apply. u might not get ur first choice, u might not get the popular unis, but dont let the D stop u i know of ppl who get D and still went overseas. i talked to the staff at the dean's office and they told me that they will still consider such people to go for SEP.

1 year SEP is probably harder ba. i know of 2 ppl who was/is on 1-year SEP. 1 from nus exchanged at US uni, PR of deans list. another is korean mm exchanging at nus. dunno how she is doing. lol
how to differentiate between the popular and unpopular ones?
Old 13-01-2011, 08:09 PM   #80
Supremacy Member

how to differentiate between the popular and unpopular ones?
brand name lor. obviously ucb is harder to apply than, maybe, uni of arizona, and generally the UCs are hard to get. CMU is a large brand name in itself. dunno abt the rest ..
Old 13-01-2011, 09:18 PM   #81

brand name lor. obviously ucb is harder to apply than, maybe, uni of arizona, and generally the UCs are hard to get. CMU is a large brand name in itself. dunno abt the rest ..
UBC you mean? Hmm in general UK/US harder than asia region right like china/tw/hk?
Old 13-01-2011, 09:25 PM   #82
Supremacy Member

ucb = UC Berkeley. but ya, UBC also hard to get in

i dunno abt us/uk vs asia..
Old 13-01-2011, 09:58 PM   #83

ucb = UC Berkeley. but ya, UBC also hard to get in

i dunno abt us/uk vs asia..
haiz depressing siah.
Old 14-01-2011, 12:34 AM   #84

haiz depressing siah.
check the number of exchange slots available. of cos those with more slots easier. Those that got faculty linked slots also easier as compared to university wide slots (less competition). I dunno abt engine but fass is based on CAP. Not to burst ur bubble.. but I doubt uk/us can go. Better to apply schs that are not so popular because if by the time u come to third choice, people who have placed ur 3rd choice as 1st and 2nd choice would have taken it already. Unless u rather not go than go somewhere u dont want of cos
onomatopoeia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2011, 08:48 AM   #85
Supremacy Member

CMU going for 1.5 years already, so no more US uni for SEP for me.
fzhfzh is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.