HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Hi, anyone received the acceptance results from NUS?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-03-2010, 10:26 PM   #16

sorry, i dont get your first question.

are you a jc or poly grad? each course has its own cut-off point, check out the link below. not sure whether there's any added advantage for a poly grad applying for a course related to their poly course though.

http://www.nus.edu.sg/oam/gradeprofi...ramme-igp.html
Oh, I wonder how i get into IT degree at NUS? To re-apply for IB diploma or 'A' level and study so hard to obtain very good results so that i try to apply for IT degree at NUS? That's what i meant.

Just wondering.

I notice from NUS website, physics degree for GPA is #.
# No representative GPA is shown as the sample size is small. What does it mean?

Last edited by resultapplicator; 27-03-2010 at 10:41 PM..
resultapplicator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2010, 10:42 PM   #17
Supremacy Member

Oh, I wonder how i get into IT degree at NUS? To re-apply for IB diploma or 'A' level and study so hard to obtain very good results so that i try to apply for IT degree at NUS? That's what i meant.

Just wondering.

I notice from NUS website, physics degree for GPA is #. What does it mean?
maybe you'll like share abit on your background. jc or poly? finished ns? smooth sailing in your education path so far or a couple years behind your peeps?

next time if you see a symbol next to a text anywhere, just read the footnote for explanation.
Old 27-03-2010, 10:44 PM   #18

maybe you'll like share abit on your background. jc or poly? finished ns? smooth sailing in your education path so far or a couple years behind your peeps?

next time if you see a symbol next to a text anywhere, just read the footnote for explanation.
Er...Poly. "Not smooth sailing" in my education path - a couple of years behind my peers.
No hope, eh?

From NUS website, # No representative GPA is shown as the sample size is small. What does it mean?

Thanks for your patience.

Last edited by resultapplicator; 11-04-2010 at 01:45 PM..
Old 27-03-2010, 11:02 PM   #19
Supremacy Member

Er...Poly. "Not smooth sailing" in my education path - a couple of years behind my peers.
Electrical engineering. No hope, eh?

From NUS website, # No representative GPA is shown as the sample size is small. What does it mean?

Thanks for your patience.
ur gpa? if u intend to take A lvl, how are you going to do it? a full cert is 3 H2 subjects + GP. are you confident of obtaining the min grades of the cut-off point? also, touch wood, what happens if you do badly for A lvl? you'll be wasting another yr or two, unless you're doing in ns. by then, you'll be 26 i believe. so what are you going to do next? these are the things you need to consider. ever considered private uni?

sample size too small means that the only a handful of physics grad are being surveyed. results will not be shown as the results most likely will be largely inaccurate due to the small scale.
Old 28-03-2010, 12:08 PM   #20
Great Supremacy Member

KAN CHIONG AS IN

the application results will be released from late march to early june

and now only the START and u wonder y u havent received? /facepalm
Old 28-03-2010, 03:03 PM   #21

ur gpa? if u intend to take A lvl, how are you going to do it? a full cert is 3 H2 subjects + GP. are you confident of obtaining the min grades of the cut-off point? also, touch wood, what happens if you do badly for A lvl? you'll be wasting another yr or two, unless you're doing in ns. by then, you'll be 26 i believe. so what are you going to do next? these are the things you need to consider. ever considered private uni?

sample size too small means that the only a handful of physics grad are being surveyed. results will not be shown as the results most likely will be largely inaccurate due to the small scale.
Private uni? That kind of uni doesn't offer any course that i always wanted to study.
Unless overseas uni.

Maybe i may take SAT1 and SAT Maths? Any suggestions? I heard that SAT is very tough? Is it true?
Old 28-03-2010, 04:03 PM   #22
Supremacy Member

Private uni? That kind of uni doesn't offer any course that i always wanted to study.
Unless overseas uni.

Maybe i may take SAT1 and SAT Maths? Any suggestions? I heard that SAT is very tough? Is it true?
i dont think any of the local uni will use SAT alone for admission assessment.

it's undeniable that the private unis aren't as good as local unis. however, one always need a reality check. most, if not all, who are in local unis are here because we can't make it to the renowned overseas unis. and pardon me for my harsh tone from here onwards.

so, if you cant even managed to do well for your sec and poly education, what makes you think you can handle A lvl or SAT? what about uni if you can enter it? can you handle the pressure and competition in uni? can you do well for uni?

you have to be aware that the local unis admission is based more on competition rather than standard. failure to get in to any means that there are 20000 applicants better than you academically. so maybe you'll like to reflect on this fact.

i'm not looking down on you or what, but you really need a reality check. it's good that you have a goal in mind, but pls do have a backup plan. bear in mind, touch wood, if you cant get your desired grades for A lvl, by then you'll be around 26. a 26 yrs old; no formal work exp; with just a dip to his name, is considered a pitiful soul in sg, assuming he has no plans for his future at all. again, i'm sorry if my words hurt or anger you in any way, but really, this is the life in singapore.
Old 28-03-2010, 04:32 PM   #23

Well, at that time, I had no ambition. Another reason was, I didn't like my course at Poly but my mum insisted. So i did.

Now, I have some work experience related to IT. U're right that the private unis are no better. Still, I don't enjoy IT at all. Only a hobby to me.

Thanks for your frankness.

Forgot to mention that I sounded out ECU & QUT in Australia that it accepted my results to allow me to study IT degree but I decided that I don't want it at that time. Bcoz, I have no money.

Last edited by resultapplicator; 28-03-2010 at 04:38 PM..
Old 28-03-2010, 04:46 PM   #24

Is it possible to use diploma plus SAT plus work experiences?
Old 28-03-2010, 08:46 PM   #25
Supremacy Member

Is it possible to use diploma plus SAT plus work experiences?
Mature Applicants
A mature applicant is one who is at least 25 years of age with at least four years of full-time work experience as of 1 July of the application year.

Applicants presenting an accredited Diploma from a Polytechnic in Singapore with SAT I scores and fulfil the definition of mature applicants, as stated above, will be considered concurrently under the mature applicants category.

Computation of University Score
The University Score will be computed as follows:

SAT I score 50%
Content proficiency 25%
Experience and motivation 25%

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Back to topConsideration of SAT I
SAT I scores are compulsory. They must be submitted before 21 February of the admission year. If you do not have SAT I scores, we regret to inform you that you will not be considered for admission. The best set of SAT I score taken in one sitting in the five years leading up to 21 February of the admission year will be taken into consideration. For applications closing on 21 February 2010, the SAT I must be taken between 1 February 2005 to 1 February 2010. You may not submit verbal and mathematics scores from across sittings.

If you are applying for admission to NUS in 2010 and submitting the SAT I scores, please note that the last acceptable test date for SAT I is 28 January 2010. May 2010 SAT I scores will not be considered.

Back to topContent proficiency
Content proficiency refers to performance in the Singapore-Cambridge GCE A Level examination and/or studies at a Polytechnic in Singapore.

Back to topExperience and Motivation
Experience is limited to full-time working experience only. It is not necessary if you have worked continuously for the same company or organisation for four years.

For experience and motivation to be measured, as a mature applicant, you should submit a personal statement form and two referee reports to the Office of Admissions by 21 February of the admission year. You are also required to submit an employment status letter* to confirm that you are currently working in an organisation.

*Letter can either be written by direct supervisor or the Human Resources Department.

The points accorded for SAT I, content proficiency, the personal statement form and employer referrals will determine whether you will be shortlisted for an interview.

Your employers may serve as referees. They must have supervised you but not be related to you. If you are self-employed, you may seek referrals from your business associates, who should be at least of managerial level and likewise not be related to you.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Back to topApplication
To be considered under the mature applicants category, applicants should apply using the category B application form and also submit a personal statement form, two referee reports and an employment status letter.

Applicants with incomplete submission of the necessary documents (SAT scores, personal statement form, referee reports and employment status letter) by the application closing date (21 February 2010) will be ineligible to be considered under mature applicants category and will only be considered under category B

http://www.nus.edu.sg/oam/apply/loca.../BYA-poly.html
Old 28-03-2010, 09:31 PM   #26

Yup.

Thanks for your posting.
Old 11-04-2010, 01:44 PM   #27

Anyone successful to receive the acceptance of letter so far this month?

Just share which course are you successful to receive the acceptance letter?
Old 14-04-2010, 06:54 PM   #28
Master Member

lol srsly, u need to stop worrying, it'll come eventually
the-alchemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2010, 01:36 AM   #29

Now is only April, still early. =)
mythicocean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2010, 12:04 AM   #30

Wow, you are confident....
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.