HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

How's the FASS CNM course like?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-11-2010, 10:02 AM   #91
Supremacy Member

All thanks to Moore Law's, which is just a prediction that for some reason the big bros want to live up to ....
Not really, Moore's law was no longer true quite some time ago. The transistor counter increase rate ever since core 2 duo had been way higher than Moore's prediction.
fzhfzh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2010, 11:42 AM   #92
Arch-Supremacy Member

waste time modules in NM.
Old 13-11-2010, 12:26 PM   #93
Arch-Supremacy Member

But at least ma1301 nt core mod under ec...can s/u. The stats mod shld be easier than maths rite?
you do not need to take MA1301 to take st1131, just need H1 math for JC and A-math for O levels i think.

Also most econs students take ec2303 which is the same as ST1131. EC2303 has no pre-req.

Last edited by orc_exp; 13-11-2010 at 12:28 PM..
orc_exp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2010, 05:28 PM   #94

I graduated from FASS CNM with honours. The jobs which CNM students are supposed to apply for - PR/Advertising/Journalism - can be done without this degree. Anyone with a general degree with good interpersonal communication skills will be able to do the job.

CNM's modules are very theory based and truthfully, the course is not well-designed. The theories learnt have little real-world value. What is important is the ability to think critically. And that can be picked up elsewhere.

If you're interested in design, do you even need a degree? What you need is a portfolio of good works.

Maybe you should ask yourself where do you intend to work?

Design and animation studios such as Lucasfilm and Scrawl Studios are going to be big. But Scrawl already outsources most of their production work to Suzhou cuz it's too expensive to pay full-time Singaporean animators. Are you ready to compete with FTs in Singapore for lower pay?

Advertising agencies value creativity over academic achievements. As long as you've got a creative portfolio, they don't care if your degree is from SoC or FASS. In fact they don't care about degrees.

Maybe you should think long and hard about your problem. It may not be something as simple as to stay in SoC or to switch to CNM.
crapped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2010, 06:49 PM   #95

whoa...nice reply...thanks...
You put me into thinking harder about my problem...hmm...

Honestly, I am just doing a degree so that I have something to fall back on... And SoC modules, particularly the maths, seem too difficult for me. That's why I consider a transfer.
vEr5eX is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.