HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Killer Courses in NUS

Like Tree18Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-09-2012, 02:16 AM   #31

haha u sld study ur Einstein theory of relativity in the tallest building u can find. time move faster the higher u r, so u will be able to think faster relative to those on ground lvl

and easier does not mean it is a joke mah.. if at the end of the day, the course is easier n can potentially earn u big bucks, the demand could be even higher (in fact, i have a particular course in mind which fit this description very well)
Ok maybe joke is a bad word to describe, more of like the idea that your 'hard' work has been undermined. It's like everywhere in our whole life. People arguing who's CCA most hiong in sec sch or jc. In ns which unit most hiong, your outfield more hiong than mine bla bla bla. And now uni which course more difficult etc. Everybody likes to believe that they have worked hard, regardless of whether it's true or not. Of course earning big bucks is good, then the argument will start on if money is a good gauge and so on.

At the end of the day, u happy can liao. Nothing to prove nothing to lose.
mihawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2012, 11:49 AM   #32

Science, but not superbly good at it though
itsmezh93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2012, 11:52 AM   #33

ts would develop into a useless guy who pursues paper > practical work
maybe he would excel in the civil service being a yes man
maybe he could be the next mr kfc too if his record is gd
What do u mean by mr kfc?
Old 30-09-2012, 12:00 PM   #34

Your english jin cheem . Actually I was thinking of einstein's theory of relativity . There is no preferred frame of reference and everything is just relative. The speed at which we travel (how hard we work) will change the order of events(how hard is hard) just like in his theory.

It's true that there are some really really easy mods, but aiya compare also no point. Person A will always think his degree is hard, person B will also think his is hard. How do you judge? Though some degrees are evidently more difficult based on common factors such as length of total lessons etc, no one will ever believe that their degree is 'easier' to others(though it might be true).

Suppose one day it can be determined that course A is is easier than another. Will course A students accept this fact? That their 4 years is actually a joke compared to others?

And the argument goes on and on and on....
Sometimes this is how i think:
Course A is easier than law, science,..... (all the courses) and course A is already the easiest of easiest courses in this how entire place (this university) so I better freaking get As and Bs!
Old 30-09-2012, 01:06 PM   #35
Master Member

Course A is easier than law, science,..... (all the courses) and course A is already the easiest of easiest courses in this how entire place (this university) so I better freaking get As and Bs!
you need to know that the difficulty of a course (as a whole when comparing with other courses) is unrelated to the competency of an individual.

simply put:
getting As in your science subjects in JC does not mean you will get As for your science modules (assuming you are pursuing a science degree).
it only means your foundation is probably more solid and probably capable of grabbing concepts/theories (or whatever else) faster and easier.

it is best you pursue something you like and feel confident in.
i always say this: when you do something you like, you're more inclined to push on and learn more.

again, no courses are easy. difficulty is relative. competency of individuals is also relative.

Last edited by swordsly; 30-09-2012 at 01:08 PM..
swordsly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2012, 10:03 PM   #36

*facepalm*
If you can't extract the gist from all the arguments, let me put it into plain words for you to see.

There are only easy modules. There is no such thing as an easy course.

No one likes other people to say that their major/course/degree is easy. I think that is utter disrespect. Some people are doing it out of passion and interest. You don't go around tell people that it is damn easy.

Side note: I'm going to assume you are a guy and is serving army now. I hope that you will ORD with the maturity of thoughts and not become one of those people.
I agree with what you've said. And even for the presumably 'easy' modules, the enrollment tends to be higher, the bell curve gets more unforgiving etc.etc., so things get a good deal more complex. That's why I think the most sensible thing to do at the end of the day is to go for modules - and the same applies to the course as well - which (i) you're genuinely interested in; (ii) you know you're gonna walk away after 13 weeks having learned something. Trying to second-guess people on the Ideal Modules to take, to be honest, is an utter waste of time.
Old 06-10-2012, 12:18 AM   #37

I agree with what you've said. And even for the presumably 'easy' modules, the enrollment tends to be higher, the bell curve gets more unforgiving etc.etc., so things get a good deal more complex. That's why I think the most sensible thing to do at the end of the day is to go for modules - and the same applies to the course as well - which (i) you're genuinely interested in; (ii) you know you're gonna walk away after 13 weeks having learned something. Trying to second-guess people on the Ideal Modules to take, to be honest, is an utter waste of time.
So this poll is useless then...
http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/nt...s-3914524.html
Old 06-10-2012, 12:35 AM   #38
Arch-Supremacy Member

Welcome to this thing called "Bell curve"

you need to know that the difficulty of a course (as a whole when comparing with other courses) is unrelated to the competency of an individual.

simply put:
getting As in your science subjects in JC does not mean you will get As for your science modules (assuming you are pursuing a science degree).
it only means your foundation is probably more solid and probably capable of grabbing concepts/theories (or whatever else) faster and easier.

i always say this: when you do something you like, you're more inclined to push on and learn more.

again, no courses are easy. difficulty is relative. competency of individuals is also relative.
LJ la. At least for Mathematics. Probably means u more zai at punching calculator.
Old 06-10-2012, 01:10 AM   #39
Arch-Supremacy Member

What do u mean by mr kfc?
if you dont even know who's that
maybe u should just stick to staying in the junior college
i think u are not cut out for the real world
mistersatki_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 02:35 AM   #40
Great Supremacy Member

Welcome to this thing called "Bell curve"

LJ la. At least for Mathematics. Probably means u more zai at punching calculator.
LJ La Mathematics where got only involve calculators

dun let dino see this
TauNowBoHoSay likes this.
Old 06-10-2012, 08:55 AM   #41
Master Member

seems rike chiu think maths only involve punching calculators (from w/e memories of it chiu hab)

i clap clap for chiu hokays.
TauNowBoHoSay likes this.
Old 06-10-2012, 10:44 AM   #42
Arch-Supremacy Member

simply put:

LJ La Mathematics where got only involve calculators

dun let dino see this
seems rike chiu think maths only involve punching calculators (from w/e memories of it chiu hab)

i clap clap for chiu hokays.
I think u 2 need to go take ES1102 (again). I said LJ to ur point above. probably mean ur A lvl damn good at punching calculators.
Old 06-10-2012, 10:55 AM   #43
Master Member

I think u 2 need to go take ES1102 (again). I said LJ to ur point above. probably mean ur A lvl damn good at punching calculators.
it can also mean the other way -- that your structuring misled the readers.
perhaps we can all re-take ES1102 together
mgx-alander likes this.
Old 06-10-2012, 11:00 AM   #44

it can also mean the other way -- that your structuring misled the readers.
perhaps we can all re-take ES1102 together
chillax guys, mid terms are over!
Jiaw3i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 11:05 AM   #45
Master Member

chillax guys, mid terms are over!
who says its over? i hab 1521 mid term on tuesday
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.