HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Killer Courses in NUS

Like Tree18Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-09-2012, 09:16 PM   #1

Killer Courses in NUS

Which are the killer courses in NUS that will wack off the majority and pose such a challenge that the aim of even a 2nd Upper degree (Undergrad) will be thrown out of the window. And if anyone can suggest - courses that are easy enough to get a second upper/first without disproportionate amount of effort.
itsmezh93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2012, 09:28 PM   #2
Banned

Which are the killer courses in NUS that will wack off the majority and pose such a challenge that the aim of even a 2nd Upper degree (Undergrad) will be thrown out of the window. And if anyone can suggest - courses that are easy enough to get a second upper/first without disproportionate amount of effort.
Ever heard of these two words: Bell Curve?
kingtrade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2012, 09:39 PM   #3
Banned

u never say which major you taking.
maisatomai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2012, 09:52 PM   #4

It is good to aim high.
sleeping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2012, 10:20 PM   #5
Arch-Supremacy Member

Wat is disporportional amount of effort? U wan to get good grades u better be prepared to give ur 100% regardless of wat course u r in.
Darkzi0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2012, 11:16 PM   #6
Master Member

Wat is disporportional amount of effort? U wan to get good grades u better be prepared to give ur 100% regardless of wat course u r in.
most of the time, even giving 100% doesnt translate to significant grades because in all fields lie crouching tigers and hidden dragons (some of which dont use hadouken while some chut shinkuu hadouken)

swordsly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2012, 01:11 AM   #7
Great Supremacy Member

I dont think there are killer courses.. what kills you doesnt kill someone else
e.g. I sucks at physics and I think physics is a killer, but some people can handle or worst, they think physics is easier than chemistry when for me its the other way around

but there maybe killer professors that you may want to avoid based on feedbacks from seniors / friends
Old 28-09-2012, 08:57 AM   #8
Great Supremacy Member

you clearly are not ready for higher education
Tread softly because you tread on my dreams. - W B Yeats
Geforce3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2012, 03:28 PM   #9
Master Member

Well, I must say it's:

EITHER
courses that are easy enough to get a second upper/first

OR
courses without disproportionate amount of effort

I haven't come across any that meet both conditions yet...
orionmiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2012, 05:32 PM   #10

most of the time, even giving 100% doesnt translate to significant grades because in all fields lie crouching tigers and hidden dragons (some of which dont use hadouken while some chut shinkuu hadouken)

I haven't been enrolled in yet, but I do have my A-level results. I'm looking for a course that can translate effort+work into results.
itsmezh93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2012, 05:37 PM   #11
Arch-Supremacy Member

I dont think there are killer courses.. what kills you doesnt kill someone else
e.g. I sucks at physics and I think physics is a killer, but some people can handle or worst, they think physics is easier than chemistry when for me its the other way around

but there maybe killer professors that you may want to avoid based on feedbacks from seniors / friends
I'm opposite of u lol. I hate chemistry and nvr understood it, but my physics was good, my jc cher even asked me to relieve his lesson for my class once lol.
Darkzi0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2012, 05:37 PM   #12
Master Member

Go for what you are interested in.

Then it won't be a killer anymore. You might start to fall in love with it.
Old 28-09-2012, 06:04 PM   #13
Master Member

I haven't been enrolled in yet, but I do have my A-level results. I'm looking for a course that can translate effort+work into results.
effort+work can translate into results. the point is whether the results are acceptable or not in your perspective.

you are either truly a lost soul, a troll, or both.
good luck finding one.
swordsly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2012, 07:22 PM   #14
Master Member

From the way the itsmezh93 wrote his post, i know for sure that our education is skewed or rather failed. To corrode the true purpose of education into pure money-making or chasing grades, is really the saddest thing that can happen to us.

pruss huan.
i'm not sure about other countries, but very evident in singapore. or least to say - nus
everyone's revolving around grades, even before the course has started

am i here to learn, or am i here to get an A?
the culture seems to say that, you don't learn unless you get an A
moregoodyears and A New Guy like this.
tehhalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2012, 08:53 PM   #15

am i here to learn, or am i here to get an A?
the culture seems to say that, you don't learn unless you get an A
why have 1 when u can try to have both...
t3h1337n00b is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.