NUS Food Science Degree career prospect

simiii

Reaction score
NUS Food Science/Chemistry Degree career prospect

Hi,

Just graduated from JC here. Intend to take NUS Food Science degree but not sure if it is a wise choice. Seems not very popular, and food technologist salary outlook is not as good as other science careers (~3000; vs 5000+ for Chemist which I am also interested in)??? Also want to give USA food science degree a try, but not sure is it worth the money.

Can any current or ex-students taking NUS Food Science please give a piece of advice? Thanks :D

Last edited:

monikernemo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
According to Payscale:D Guess it depends on what kind of chemist? Medicinal chemist seems to be high in demand (correct me if im wrong)
Pharmaceutical (or medicinal) thought is pharma degree?

Personally I feel that if you intend to enrol in science it's best to study a major that you will never be bored of. And also don't worry salary wise - in general unless you're a scholar, most firms pay fresh grad equally because no prior work experience

Sent from Huawei NEXUS 6P using GAGT

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.