NUS INFORMATION SYSTEMS

happy67

Reaction score
Hi, would appreciate any advice or information on NUS information systems especially the following:
- how's the workload and timetable like?
- what is the weightage for projects, class participation, exams?
- does this course require very good mathematics skills (i only hv average 'o' level A math)
- what's the dropout rate?
- career prospects?

thanks in advance for yr advice and info.

Last edited:

xWildFangz

Reaction score
Hi, would appreciate any advice or information on NUS information systems especially the following:
- how's the workload and timetable like?
- what is the weightage for projects, class participation, exams?
- does this course require very good mathematics skills (i only hv average 'o' level A math)
- what's the dropout rate?
- career prospects?

thanks in advance for yr advice and info.

Workload is very subjective and depends more on your discipline to get work done before it snowballs. And timetable also depends on what modules you plan to take and which tutorial slots you ballot for so it's impossible to gauge what your personalized timetable will look like.

Weightage components vary differently for each module so it is better for you to check up what core modules you are required to take in IS and the individual grading scheme for each module.

You might be required to take MA1521 and CS1231 (I only know from CS' side) so being good with Mathematics is a must but most modules probably require logic and simple Mathematics proficiency to pass. xD

Dropout rates and career prospects.. should have been covered during NUS Open House :') Maintain your CAP above 3.0 and you'll still have a safe place in NUS I guess.

happy67

Reaction score
Workload is very subjective and depends more on your discipline to get work done before it snowballs. And timetable also depends on what modules you plan to take and which tutorial slots you ballot for so it's impossible to gauge what your personalized timetable will look like.

Weightage components vary differently for each module so it is better for you to check up what core modules you are required to take in IS and the individual grading scheme for each module.

You might be required to take MA1521 and CS1231 (I only know from CS' side) so being good with Mathematics is a must but most modules probably require logic and simple Mathematics proficiency to pass. xD

Dropout rates and career prospects.. should have been covered during NUS Open House :') Maintain your CAP above 3.0 and you'll still have a safe place in NUS I guess.

Thanks for sharing :)

FappyHippo

Reaction score

You can take some of the math modules during overseas exchange to get S/U grade if you think you are bad at math

Sent from Hippo Island using GAGT

Brooklyn2615

Reaction score
Hi,

Recently had accepted NUS Information system during the JAE application. May I know how is the life going to be there?
I heard that is gonna be tough and certainly not hoping that I can score a low GPA in NUS.
I had no prior knowledge to computing beforehand in Poly as I study sciences. cGPA:3.94, L1R4:9 after CCA deduction.
Any seniors are on the same track as me? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.