HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

NUS jobless Fresh Graduates lai lai...

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-09-2012, 10:29 AM   #16
Arch-Supremacy Member

is the market really that bad? i am worried.
dhhpdhhp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2012, 11:16 AM   #17

Heard that Econs fresh grads (<FCH) have problems finding jobs. With more places created in SIT and SIM, I think the job market is going to get worse.
Jiaw3i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2012, 10:42 PM   #18
Banned

For now, not really...

Just that fresh grads might have lesser bargain power than before and might face stiffer trials and competition for "more desirable jobs".

And yeah, the trend toward contract jobs as many places are freezing the headcount for perm staffs.
Buaya_Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2012, 04:40 PM   #19

Did you start job hunting during your final semester or only started after you finished your exams? Or worse, you only started looking after the graduation ceremony in July?

The NUS job centre is helpful, but some people say they are a bit of a lame duck because you basically go there, they look at your CV and praise you only. Their job centre is good for getting connections but anything beyond that is up to your own potential already.

A good career centre should ideally scold and tear you to pieces because thats the reality in most HR interviews anyway.
plutoplace likes this.
Potatoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2012, 10:36 AM   #20

Did you start job hunting during your final semester or only started after you finished your exams? Or worse, you only started looking after the graduation ceremony in July?

The NUS job centre is helpful, but some people say they are a bit of a lame duck because you basically go there, they look at your CV and praise you only. Their job centre is good for getting connections but anything beyond that is up to your own potential already.

A good career centre should ideally scold and tear you to pieces because thats the reality in most HR interviews anyway.
Can start in first semester. Just kamikaze your resumes to all hiring companies. Even if you are not interested, practice your interview skills. Everyone can write a good resume but a good interview makes all the difference.

Career centre wastes time only.
plutoplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2012, 10:43 AM   #21

lol i mean realism bah. at the very least, do not go below what u won't want to work at. Must be happy working for that pay. If know that never go for internships to make yourself proven, then understandably you won't dare ask for much also, then again dun go below what u won't want to work at.

I did ask for low 2k before, the feeling that u r offered isn't really very good to feel to the extent u feel like rejecting.
Yes it is a bad move. Because you are telling the interviewer that you are not confident of your ability/skills and are only worth that low pay.

Never beg for the job. Instead show confidence and assert that you can contribute to the company. Some ppl in a haste to find a job, will agree on anything.
Old 08-11-2012, 09:08 PM   #22
Banned

Yes it is a bad move. Because you are telling the interviewer that you are not confident of your ability/skills and are only worth that low pay.

Never beg for the job. Instead show confidence and assert that you can contribute to the company. Some ppl in a haste to find a job, will agree on anything.
But make sure you can backup up your confidence, even if only to a certain extent.

There is a fine line between assertion and exaggeration.
kingtrade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2013, 06:10 PM   #23

Yo Guys

Graduating this May

Anyone still looking for job? Or got offer already?

Share your status here!
Old 17-05-2013, 12:55 PM   #24
Supremacy Member

is a real estate firm that deals with facilities mgmt worth joining?
but it is an engineering job, not property agent kind.
Old 20-05-2013, 10:23 PM   #25

if jobless and single, do phd good or not?
Munchies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2013, 09:51 PM   #26
High Supremacy Member

AGREE... if u start on a bad footing by degrading urself, how u expect ur employer to respect u.

Then again some people start low, but they do so well, their next increment from their promotion is like $500-$1,000 more!
Where got so good. 500-1000
Alot increment under $100 only
Redberries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2013, 05:35 PM   #27
Master Member

Heard that Econs fresh grads (<FCH) have problems finding jobs. With more places created in SIT and SIM, I think the job market is going to get worse.
Non FCH here. Starting work next month. Pay higher than median/avg. Just want to say it is not just your grades.

It is also how you perform in the interview. Confidence. Passion. Good communication skills are a huge must. Your body language, etc all counts.

Don't give up just because u are not FCH.
Old 25-05-2013, 05:38 PM   #28
Arch-Supremacy Member

Non FCH here. Starting work next month. Pay higher than median/avg. Just want to say it is not just your grades.

It is also how you perform in the interview. Confidence. Passion. Good communication skills are a huge must. Your body language, etc all counts.

Don't give up just because u are not FCH.
so ur pay is how much ?
3.5k ? that is above median / avg

whats ur median / avg u looking at ?
mistersatki_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2013, 05:40 PM   #29
Master Member

More than that but my point was not about pay or to talk about myself.
It was to encourage anyone who may feel hindered by grades.

It's a bit like dating. May not be rich or handsome/pretty or hot but you can still attract your dream partner if you show confidence.
plutoplace likes this.

Last edited by junialum; 25-05-2013 at 05:42 PM..
junialum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 08:56 PM   #30
Great Supremacy Member

i oso jodless didnt search much doing term time
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.