NUS/NTU Admission Appeal

simiii

Reaction score
Got rejected by NUS FOS and wishing to appeal, could anyone rate my chances please? :(

H2 Bio- A
H2 Chem- A
H2 Math- A
H2 Econ- B
H1 GP- C

I did write a personal statement under DA Scheme, but did not talk about my CCA or external activities at all, so not sure if thats the main reason my admission into NUS was rejected..?

Also, what exactly should you write in a 1000 characters appeal? Again talk about my interest in that degree (Chemistry), or focus more on the non-academic achievements? And should you bother to waste word count asking for an interview?

Appreciate any pieces of advice, thank you!!

xWildFangz

Reaction score
To be honest, I'm surprised you failed to get in with AAA/B.
I think chances of appealing in should be high, unless there is something else affecting those rates. I assume you got at least a C for PW?

simiii

Reaction score
To be honest, I'm surprised you failed to get in with AAA/B.
I think chances of appealing in should be high, unless there is something else affecting those rates. I assume you got at least a C for PW?
Got B for PW

xWildFangz

Reaction score
Also, what exactly should you write in a 1000 characters appeal? Again talk about my interest in that degree (Chemistry), or focus more on the non-academic achievements? And should you bother to waste word count asking for an interview?

I don't think FoS cutoff will be that high so do try to appeal.
It's good to cover everything regardless academic or non-academic, but focus more on relevance to your desired course of study in Chemistry. I also don't think it's good to waste word count on an interview. 1000 characters is not a lot so I would rather go for breadth rather than depth cause you won't be able to go that deep into something without neglecting the other things you can talk about.

simiii

Reaction score
I don't think FoS cutoff will be that high so do try to appeal.
It's good to cover everything regardless academic or non-academic, but focus more on relevance to your desired course of study in Chemistry. I also don't think it's good to waste word count on an interview. 1000 characters is not a lot so I would rather go for breadth rather than depth cause you won't be able to go that deep into something without neglecting the other things you can talk about.
All right, thanks a lot there! :D

monikernemo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ya siaaa idek how ._.
I doubt the cutoff would have jumped so far up... FoS is pretty big eh.

Anyways simiii, when is the appeal results coming through?
I got a feeling that because he applied through DA so he was not considered for mainstream application?

simiii

Reaction score
I got a feeling that because he applied through DA so he was not considered for mainstream application?

Idk hahah, i didn't apply through DA in a way. There's an optional DA section to be completed in the online application, I simply filled it in bc thats the only part I can talk more about myself.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.