HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

NUS ppl lip lai - Part 3

Like Tree113Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-05-2011, 08:18 PM   #46
Master Member

If it happens, they will cramp people into a sardine can with buses at half an hour each standard to "justify" the "low" price...
i think they will just say noooooooooooooooooooo we cannot operate because of high costs. anyway price ceilings can be combined with minimum quantities. but i doubt it will happen.

will probably just cause low service and ah tiongs driving dangerously.
Old 13-05-2011, 08:19 PM   #47
Arch-Supremacy Member

I think the current situation is damn jialat. even if you double the number of buses, you'll only cause more traffic jams. roads too crowded public transport also too crowded. that day I took mrt in the morning the next train was just behind queuing to come but both trains were full seriously wtf?
Old 13-05-2011, 08:21 PM   #48
Arch-Supremacy Member

I bet the profit margins for sbs and smrt must be historically high right now. and they'll probably use it as a reason to justify record compensation to the managers for they awesome performance! PUI
Old 13-05-2011, 08:21 PM   #49
Master Member

I think the current situation is damn jialat. even if you double the number of buses, you'll only cause more traffic jams. roads too crowded public transport also too crowded. that day I took mrt in the morning the next train was just behind queuing to come but both trains were full seriously wtf?
increasing mrt wont cause traffic jam?

there are too many people in singapore.
Old 13-05-2011, 08:21 PM   #50
Supremacy Member

I think the situation may improve after the circle line is complete... hopefully this is a temporary phase.
Old 13-05-2011, 08:23 PM   #51
Master Member

I think the situation may improve after the circle line is complete... hopefully this is a temporary phase.
NEW LINE, NEW PRICE
Old 13-05-2011, 08:25 PM   #52
Supremacy Member

knn some more the circle line kent ridge station don't operate until next year (or is it the year after?)
Old 13-05-2011, 08:26 PM   #53
Arch-Supremacy Member

increasing mrt wont cause traffic jam?

there are too many people in singapore.
i think the mrt also got problem because the trains during peak come every 1-2min they are literally just behind each other. in anycase our system is fked in the short run. they better fix it by the next ge2016
Old 13-05-2011, 08:26 PM   #54
Master Member

knn some more the circle line kent ridge station don't operate until next year (or is it the year after?)
graduate liao
Old 13-05-2011, 08:27 PM   #55
Arch-Supremacy Member

I remember it being end of this year but my friend who takes circle line tell me it's jin jialat also
Old 13-05-2011, 08:27 PM   #56
Master Member

i think the mrt also got problem because the trains during peak come every 1-2min they are literally just behind each other. in anycase our system is fked in the short run. they better fix it by the next ge2016
wah really? then i guess smrt cant do much better in the short run lol. maybe less tiongs will help. i'm willing to sacrifice some GDP growth for less tiongs and banglas.
Old 13-05-2011, 08:28 PM   #57
Supremacy Member

I remember it being end of this year but my friend who takes circle line tell me it's jin jialat also
It's end of this year for other stations, but kent ridge only open together with the new hospital...
Old 13-05-2011, 08:29 PM   #58
Arch-Supremacy Member

wah really? then i guess smrt cant do much better in the short run lol. maybe less tiongs will help. i'm willing to sacrifice some GDP growth for less tiongs and banglas.
I think GDP per capital will actually rise if we get rid of
some thiongs and bangla since they make up the bottom of the wages and depress our fugging wages
Old 13-05-2011, 08:29 PM   #59
Supremacy Member

You willing to sacrifice doesn't mean the ministers are willing to sacrifice... They are not bothered anyways since they don't take public transport or work in private sector. But if you want to reduce GDP then it will bother them.
Old 13-05-2011, 08:30 PM   #60
Master Member

You willing to sacrifice doesn't mean the ministers are willing to sacrifice... They are not bothered anyways since they don't take public transport or work in public sector. But if you want to reduce GDP then it will bother them.
yeah lor

i think their bonus tie to GDP growth is it? not sure.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.