HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

NUS Real Estate

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-03-2010, 11:00 AM   #16

Smile

real estate this kinda degree is get liao go find gov job which accept any local degree one

no real usage, unless u wanna go URA, SLA, BCA etc etc
Haha, kinda sad to learn of that..

So.. May I know where did you graduate from?
g3n3tic_twig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2010, 07:49 PM   #17
Arch-Supremacy Member

School of Computing, graduating this summer
Old 23-03-2010, 08:06 PM   #18

Hi. I just received a email from NUS- Building Environment Real Estate course regarding a interview nxt week. What's some of the questions they will ask? Need help!
9a0xing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 10:10 PM   #19

Hi. I just received a email from NUS- Building Environment Real Estate course regarding a interview nxt week. What's some of the questions they will ask? Need help!
First time, I hear Real Estate need to go for interview.

Btw Yr 3 Real Estate here! haha
mythicocean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 10:45 PM   #20

lol.. Yr4 Real Estate here.. graduating liao...

NUS RE is picking up.. contrary to what previous posters have said the job scope is pretty wide..

Govt is one avenue.. URA and IRAS *property tax* and HDB are the main hirers

But from a rough survey this sem.. there are alot of private sector jobs available..

Developers : KeppelLand , CapitaLand, CDL i.e i.e... MA Programs for these are sought after and they look out for RE grads due to the knowledge

Finance sector : banks are hiring RE grads also.. cause property is an investment class.. there are a few graduates who have gotten jobs in the fund management sector and into banks.. starting pays for these are above market.. think 3k n above

Property Consultancies: Jones Lang , Knight Frank.. these firms ONLY hire Real Estate Graduates first.. and if they cannot find suitable.. they go 2nd choice Marketing students..Pay range is good also..

So Real Estate is picking up in terms of its competitive advantage.. only thing is the entry barriers are still catching up with Business Fact.

My advice? : i guess its up to your enthusiasm on how you explain why u feel the Real estate industry is suited for u.. lol.. the rest if up to them to decide.. but grades are not the most important.. i mean i got in with A levels C C C in 06.. lol
xxduckxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 05:40 PM   #21

Graduating in one more sem! haha
Old 04-05-2010, 07:53 PM   #22

Graduating in one more sem! haha
Graduating in four more sems! haha

fark
OmegaLeadR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 10:06 PM   #23

Graduating in four more sems! haha

fark
Enjoy the remaining time.... haha
Old 04-05-2010, 10:58 PM   #24

Enjoy the remaining time.... haha
yea well, time flies. it was like yesterday when i matriculated; now i'm looking at the end of year 2.
OmegaLeadR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 08:42 AM   #25

Yup it really does! So fast,but loving it! haha
Old 07-05-2010, 05:30 PM   #26

DD

Hey guys,

I've already been accepted into RE. Just wondering from the seniors, do you guys knw anyone who is taking the Ad-Hoc DD Prog btw RE n Biz? If yes, are they like DYING or doing quite all right... Oh oh and for RE in general, how is the work load compared to say Biz courses and what is the First/2nd Upp honours rate like?
ertttttttt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 08:59 PM   #27

Hey guys,

I've already been accepted into RE. Just wondering from the seniors, do you guys knw anyone who is taking the Ad-Hoc DD Prog btw RE n Biz? If yes, are they like DYING or doing quite all right... Oh oh and for RE in general, how is the work load compared to say Biz courses and what is the First/2nd Upp honours rate like?
WAH CONGRATULATIONS.
I went for the interview today and oh boy I had a tough time. One of the interviewer kept putting me on a spot. I almost cried. I already got my rejection letter from SMU and I really hope I get into RE. My grades are ACD/A

anyway to ertttttttt, when did you go for the interview?
juni1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 05:47 PM   #28

WAH CONGRATULATIONS.
I went for the interview today and oh boy I had a tough time. One of the interviewer kept putting me on a spot. I almost cried. I already got my rejection letter from SMU and I really hope I get into RE. My grades are ACD/A

anyway to ertttttttt, when did you go for the interview?
No interview... My grades are pretty decent, 4 h2 A, GP B, H3 Dist. I'm actually already matriculated in SMU DD programme but I m considering of switching to NUS RE coz of their DD with sch of Biz, tempting....
ertttttttt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 06:45 PM   #29
Master Member

l33t spotted
yoshi_fanboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 12:07 AM   #30

I got accepted into real estate and i have a few questions that i would like to ask.

Is the QET test compulsory of all poly ppl?

Are the modules more of calculations or theory?

Thanks in advance for the replies!
wadever1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.