HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Questions about NUS Computing

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-04-2009, 12:50 PM   #1

Questions about NUS Computing

Hi all. I am entering NUS Computing soon. I have some questions and hope seniors that are currently already in NUS Computing can help me out. I will break my questions up for easier addressing.

1. I am pretty sure I want to major in Computer Science at this point. Therefore, according to the degree structure seen in http://www.comp.nus.edu.sg/undergradprog/CS_08_09.htm , students are required to choose 3 science modules. Is it possible for me to choose all physics modules (e.g. Fundamentals of Physics I, II and IE) without choosing any chemistry or life science modules?

2. Is it also possible for a Computing student to choose Math modules as GEMs?

3. Most importantly, for the last few years, I have heard of how Computer Science is much tougher compared to tamer majors like IS and also how CS is flooded with foreigners. While I am drawn to CS because I like logic, programming and mathematics, I will like to know how true those statements are, especially the ones about how not many locals are enrolled in CS. Having chalked up some extremely bad experiences working with foreigners both from polytechnic projects and from external IT projects outside school, I am willing to forgo choosing CS if the ratio of locals to foreigners is really that pathetic.

This question is definitely not something I can outright call up NUS to ask , hence I will really appreciate any honest inputs in this area. Sorry for the lengthy post and thanks!
Technomancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.