[Feedback]Petition for the Block Function

wadsad

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
trolls wont agree. :s13: they need to know if they are getting your attention. :s13: u will be depriving them of their source of material. :s13:

Last edited:

harbinger255

Honorary Member
Reaction score
Your idea makes zilch sense. Say I'm X and Y adds me to his ignore list.

Whenever X comments on a thread, Y will see the following:

This message is hidden because X is on your ignore list.

This alone should suffice for users who feel they are being harassed. To add on, if any particular user gets out of line with the remarks, there is a report button to use, and infraction points will be dealt which could subsequently lead to a ban that restricts activity on the forums.

You suggestion is that if Y blocks X, neither will be able to view the other's postings. This is not feasible because:

1. This is not social media, but a public discussion forum.

2. Y's posts could be quoted by other users, and X would still be able to view them, and in turn continue to ridicule Y.

If you are such a baby about these issues, I kindly suggest you get off the internet instead.

Sent from my toaster oven using GAGT

Your points that are so called unfeasible applies to the ignore function anyway.

Only difference is one is passive one is active. If both are used together, it might have a greater effect.

bosssaizo

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
hmm midnightpapa does make a point leh.

Ignoring the person that you dislike is one thing. Blocking the person that you dislike from seeing your post is another.

Let boss have a think about it.

Need to chat with :vijayadmin:

midnightpapa

Banned
Reaction score

Ignoring the person that you dislike is one thing. Blocking the person that you dislike from seeing your post is another.

Thank you Boss and the Hardwarezone team.

Mach8Fapper

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Good idea, I support this suggestion wholeheartedly.

thanks commach and boss! cant go into your usual threads to say thanks so i'll do it here! :s12:

trolls wont agree. :s13: they need to know if they are getting your attention. :s13: u will be depriving them of their source of material. :s13:

:s13::s13:

harbinger255

Honorary Member
Reaction score
thanks commach and boss! cant go into your usual threads to say thanks so i'll do it here! :s12:

:s13::s13:

Heh be selective of the crowd you hang out.... ;)

Some ppl will never amount to anything at the rate they're going.... You might not sink to their level but make sure they don't drag you down.... :s13:

kosongice

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
sagu beg to disagree based on censorship principles :

"Ignoring the person that you dislike is one thing" is self-censorship or self-regulation

"Blocking the person that you dislike from seeing your post is another" is outright censorship which should not be encouraged as forum posting behavior.

In short, just don't post anything if you don't want anybody to see.

#saguwisdom :vijayadmin:
Can't agree more.

Sent from my toaster oven using GAGT

szeli

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I agree with op. trolls can't help themselves. they shud have censored content for their own good. but I doubt hwz will do anything. seems like they hardly care...

midnightpapa

Banned
Reaction score
I agree with op. trolls can't help themselves. they shud have censored content for their own good. but I doubt hwz will do anything. seems like they hardly care...

Come on, let them give it a try. The LIKE button wasn't there yesterday but it was created. The Vijay emoji wasn't there yesterday but it was created...

Batavia King

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
sagu beg to disagree based on censorship principles :

"Ignoring the person that you dislike is one thing" is self-censorship or self-regulation

"Blocking the person that you dislike from seeing your post is another" is outright censorship which should not be encouraged as forum posting behavior.

In short, just don't post anything if you don't want anybody to see.

#saguwisdom :vijayadmin:

I bet alot of user will block u...lol..
So y can keep yr wisdom to yrself...

midnightpapa

Banned
Reaction score
I never say anything about further enforce censorship to HWZ, please don't misinterpret just because I used the term "self-censor".

Block function works the same as ignore function, report function, and ban function (for mods/admins), with these functions, it would deter forum nuisance..

commach

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Forum nuisance will be dealt with accordingly, the block feature (if implemented) enhance the feature of personal preference rather than "self-censorship" IMHO.

This involve the developer and back end implementation, it might not be instant implementation depends on the priority and work load. Since bosssaizo acknowledge and replied in this thread, it will be a topic of discussion with other administrator and developer to evaluate the suggestion.

Earliest respond will be on Monday, if any.

midnightpapa

Banned
Reaction score
Forum nuisance will be dealt with accordingly, the block feature (if implemented) enhance the feature of personal preference rather than "self-censorship" IMHO.

This involve the developer and back end implementation, it might not be instant implementation depends on the priority and work load. Since bosssaizo acknowledge and replied in this thread, it will be a topic of discussion with other administrator and developer to evaluate the suggestion.

I would love to hear this, thank you moderator commach.

btw, I am not rush you guys... but it will be great if we have this function in the near future.

kosongice

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Please explain how hiding one's post against another is enhancing personal preference and not self-censorship.

Such a block function is understandable if one is using a personal social account. Such accounts are tied with the user's name and pictures, and as such, preventing someone else from viewing their personal information could be useful.

However, behind the anonymity of a forum nick, the block function only serves to act as self censorship, something which defeats the purpose of a public forum.

midnightpapa

Banned
Reaction score
Please explain how hiding one's post against another is enhancing personal preference and not self-censorship.

Such a block function is understandable if one is using a personal social account. Such accounts are tied with the user's name and pictures, and as such, preventing someone else from viewing their personal information could be useful.

However, behind the anonymity of a forum nick, the block function only serves to act as self censorship, something which defeats the purpose of a public forum.

Did you not hear the matter already escalated to administrators and developers for them to evaluate the suggestion?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.