HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Discrimination of Race, Culture, Derogatory Terms and Seditious Remarks will NOT be Tolerated!

Like Tree296Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-09-2007, 06:38 PM   #1
Administrator

Thumbs down Discrimination of Race, Culture, Derogatory Terms and Seditious Remarks will NOT be Tolerated!

To all HWZ Forum Users,

We've increasingly noticed in recent times that there is a sharp increase of unwanted name calling, blasphemy, seditious remarks, racial discrimination and usage of derogatory terms in the forums.

May I kindly remind you of our Term of Use of this forum and our website here: http://www.hardwarezone.com.sg/pages/tos

In short, to all culprits of the above mentioned usage, be warned that the moderators and administrators will ban you without notice if you persist in your ways. If we warn you, it is only out of courtesy, but as mentioned in our forum rules, we're not obliged to answer you.

Where's your common sense for goodness sakes? Do you go out on the street making all these remarks in the open? No. That's because you offend people and you will only get entangled with the law for doing such or other serious consequences. The same reason applies to these public forums and I urge all to practice some self-censorship. You alone are accountable for what you say and if it directly insults or hurt other users, be prepared to take the flak - from other forum users, the media and the law. I don't have to remind you that HWZ forums are among the most highly used in this region and draws a wide viewership from around the world. As such, each and every one of you has a responsibility to voice yourself in the forums in a manner that's mature, reasonable and tactful. There are enough disputes around the world as it is and we don't have to add on to it. Remember, our country has prospered with a diverse society coming from all races, religions and walks of life and we are together because we understand and accommodate one another.

Just because you see some un-thoughtful members posting unsolicited comments, it doesn't mean it's okay for others to follow too. Think before you act. There are far more users than there are moderators, so it's only natural some of these get unnoticed till much later. However, HWZ forums do not and will not tolerate such comments and we'll do what we can to stem this. Of course, this cannot be a one-sided act only and we'll need the help of the rest of the community to chip in and do their part to help us single out the culprits and better still, inculcate the right way to respond to the wrong-doers (which means everyone is a moderator to some extent ). Together, lets all strive for better quality community interaction.

p.s. This is a serious thread, so please, no unnecessary replies. Thank you for your understanding.

Updated on 17-02-14:-

Updating this post to include an excellent article on Culturalism and generalizing nationality for the blunt and unwarranted remarks that are rampant in this forum:-

Ask a Korean!: Culturalism, Gladwell, and Airplane Crashes

I hope this serves a good reference point to all members.

Whether your comments are for jest or for real, you owe it to yourself to consider all the consequences before you make a public reply. Should you fail to consider the weight of your replies, the moderator has all rights to take necessary actions against you if it doesn't comply with the forum rules and that of the mere basics of decency for which this thread was started in the first place.

If you also fail to use the right forums to request an explanation and instead choose to inflate your myopic issue in this forum (for obvious reasons to gather other people to rally with you, many of whom have no idea of the problem at hand), the moderator has full rights to further take actions against you and disregard your thread and any repeated offences thereafter.

Last edited by Dr.Vijay; 23-09-2007 at 07:04 PM..
Old 23-09-2007, 06:40 PM   #2

how come im the first to view this thing?
Old 23-09-2007, 06:46 PM   #3

ok.

just added?.ok.
SPH boss complain?? receive letter?
Old 23-09-2007, 06:47 PM   #4
High Supremacy Member

Do you actually do anything if we report these people?
Old 23-09-2007, 06:55 PM   #5
High Supremacy Member

simple solution lah...those post racist remarks constantly 1 u all just send it to police the ip log info blablabla etc..must 杀一儆百
Member #45 -EDMW NMNHNLM CLub
Old 23-09-2007, 06:56 PM   #6
Arch-Supremacy Member

I very obedient one.
Old 23-09-2007, 06:57 PM   #7
Supremacy Member

horray i'm a moderator to some extent
Old 23-09-2007, 06:57 PM   #8
Arch-Supremacy Member

simple solution lah...those post racist remarks constantly 1 u all just send it to police the ip log info blablabla etc..must 杀一儆百
Then HWZ becomes another Odex?
Old 23-09-2007, 06:59 PM   #9
High Supremacy Member

Then HWZ becomes another Odex?
i already say mah constantly post racist remarks..these are the kind who will not repent 1.
Member #45 -EDMW NMNHNLM CLub
Old 23-09-2007, 06:59 PM   #10
Arch-Supremacy Member

wah.....so long dunch read riao
Old 23-09-2007, 07:00 PM   #11
Banned

stand up for singapore ...do the best u can ~!!!
Old 23-09-2007, 07:00 PM   #12
Master Member

understooded
Old 23-09-2007, 07:00 PM   #13
Administrator

Have you ever noticed how the warning/ban list gets bloated every time? Year on year, there's a lot more offences. The entire history of offenders is there for all to see (back till 2003 when I first implemented it). So yes, we do take action; but if you want instant response, then I'll need 100x more moderators

Do you actually do anything if we report these people?
Old 23-09-2007, 07:01 PM   #14
Emeritus Honorary Member

aye aye..chief.
Old 23-09-2007, 07:02 PM   #15
Arch-Supremacy Member

Have you ever noticed how the warning/ban list gets bloated every time? Year on year, there's a lot more offences. The entire history of offenders is there for all to see (back till 2003 when I first implemented it). So yes, we do take action; but if you want instant response, then I'll need 100x more moderators
I vote the top posters to be mod.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.