HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Private Messages

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-05-2020, 03:46 PM   #1
Master Member

Private Messages

Can any mod explain or provide the link to any hwz or sph policies that restricts the use of private messages to share promo code?
Pathfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2020, 07:08 PM   #2
Administrator

Can any mod explain or provide the link to any hwz or sph policies that restricts the use of private messages to share promo code?
Hi there, please refer to the link here: https://corporate.sph.com.sg/legal/m...onditions.html

Please note that spam is not allowed as it adversely affects other users. Thanks.
silvershimmers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2020, 07:45 PM   #3
Master Member

Hi there, please refer to the link here:
https://corporate.sph.com.sg/legal/m...onditions.html

Please note that spam is not allowed as it adversely affects other users. Thanks.
Thank you for pointing me to the T&Cs. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

1. There isn't any clause that prohibit sharing of promo/referral codes in private messages.

2. What's hwz/sph's definition of spamming? Is replying PMs requesting for promo code constitute as spamming?

Last edited by Pathfinder; 21-05-2020 at 09:26 PM..
Old 22-05-2020, 09:29 AM   #4
Administrator

Thank you for pointing me to the T&Cs. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

1. There isn't any clause that prohibit sharing of promo/referral codes in private messages.

2. What's hwz/sph's definition of spamming? Is replying PMs requesting for promo code constitute as spamming?
Hi there,
Sharing of promo codes for commercial gains is strictly against our Terms of Service and will be regarded as spamming.
Old 22-05-2020, 09:58 AM   #5
Master Member

Hi there,
Sharing of promo codes for commercial gains is strictly against our Terms of Service and will be regarded as spamming.
Dear Admin,

I beg to differ on your definition of 'spamming', which I believe imho is outright wrong.

Spamming is defined as sending unsolicited bulk messages, repeatedly.

If you do not agree on my definition of spamming, then please enlighten me, else I'll take it as you admit that you are wrong.

I have yet to receive your reply for my question below, please specifically list out the T&Cs please.

1. There isn't any clause in your T&Cs that prohibit sharing of promo/referral codes in private messages.
Old 26-05-2020, 10:42 AM   #6
Master Member

Dear Admin,

Awaiting your reply.

Hi there,
Old 26-05-2020, 02:17 PM   #7
Administrator

Hi,

Under our TOS, it states that you will not
(h) Advertise or offer to sell any goods or services for any commercial purpose.

As we have received multiple reports from other users on your PMs that contains promo codes/referral codes for commercial purpose, this is regarded as spamming.

If you require further clarification or would like to appeal against your infraction, please write in to membership@hardwarezone.com.sg.

Thanks.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.