HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

is there any way to make or download a copy of a thread?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-05-2020, 07:29 PM   #1
Supremacy Member

is there any way to make or download a copy of a thread?

hi,

there are some threads that i find informative and i wish to archive(download or copy) for future reference.

is there any way or tools i can use or i really have to manually copy every post?

i read somewhere that a thread will be pruned after a certain period of inactivity.
popime is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2020, 03:41 PM   #2
Administrator

Hi there,

You can try saving as a webpage instead of copying post by post. Thanks for your suggestion though, we will consider this function in our future updates.

hi,

there are some threads that i find informative and i wish to archive(download or copy) for future reference.

is there any way or tools i can use or i really have to manually copy every post?

i read somewhere that a thread will be pruned after a certain period of inactivity.
silvershimmers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2020, 08:15 PM   #3
High Supremacy Member

hi,

Right now you can use archive.is website
quirkyhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2020, 08:20 AM   #4

Print the forum thread via your web browser as PDF

Intrinion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2020, 10:39 AM   #5
Supremacy Member

Hi there, thanks mods for replying!

Right now i am using print version of the thread to save as either pdf or word.

but the problem i'm facing are some threads are really long as in there are like 50 over pages or even more after loading 50 posts in a thread. Some images or videos are not loaded as well

My suggestion is perhaps the admins can consider letting us buy credits to spend on archiving threads for our future reference to cover data storage cost rather than pruning them
Old 20-05-2020, 10:44 AM   #6
Supremacy Member

Right now you can use archive.is website
hi there, it works but i can only use it on 1 page for a thread. is there any easier way i can archive an entire thread rather than page by page? sorry I ain't that good with IT.
Old 20-05-2020, 02:41 PM   #7
High Supremacy Member

hi there, it works but i can only use it on 1 page for a thread. is there any easier way i can archive an entire thread rather than page by page? sorry I ain't that good with IT.
I dunno. You can adjust to have more posts per page but I Guess you gotta go page by page
quirkyhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.