Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By sayang_ol
  • 1 Post By NMSS_2
  • 1 Post By cranthir

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-10-2019, 10:57 PM   #1
Banned

This user has been spamming 5-6 HK riot threads everyday for weeks

There is already an official thread fo the HK protest that has gone into till Part 6 ( https://deluxeforums.hardwarezone.co...a-6125992.html )

Yet this user apparently has been trying to hijack and control the narrative in this forum by spamming 5-6 new threads on hk riots everyday for months to suit his agenda. A check on on his thread history bring it way beyond even before July.

https://deluxeforums.hardwarezone.com.sg/users/518241/

And his antic include taking news article and editing the title totally out of point. E.g :
https://deluxeforums.hardwarezone.co...d-6126094.html
Actual Title of News : Protesters appear to be hit by taxi and man beaten bloody in another violent turn for Hong Kong
And He renamed it as topic : Pro-Beijing Taxi rams Protest Crowd...4 Injured & 1 maybe disabled! Driver kenna hatamed!

Below is ss of his thread pages. It is in line with forum regulation ? Shouldn' this HK spams all be kept to HK riots official thread instead ?

Last edited by sayang_ol; 07-10-2019 at 11:03 PM..
sayang_ol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2019, 11:32 AM   #2
Arch-Supremacy Member

You should report to the HK authorities.

I don't see how these threads can have any influence into the protest that are happening in HK.

This is a local forum. We should be concerned about news and posts impacting to our own backyard only.
Old 08-10-2019, 05:24 PM   #3
Banned

I don't see how these threads can have any influence into the protest that are happening in HK.

This is a local forum. We should be concerned about news and posts impacting to our own backyard only.
Too bad you are not a mod, please keep to helping ibcatisbetter report others.
PatrickTheStarFish likes this.
sayang_ol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 11:58 AM   #4
High Supremacy Member

Since when edmw became a local news and rumours only site?
PatrickTheStarFish likes this.
Old 09-10-2019, 12:28 PM   #5
Arch-Supremacy Member

Since when edmw became a local news and rumours only site?
Which part you don't understand? I didn't say one can only post local news.

Anyone is free to post any news.

Since this is a local forum, I believe the moderators and SPH are more concerned about stories that have an impact locally than stories that have an impact in China, Indonesia or Uganda.

Anyway, I am not a Mod. I am just giving my 2 cents.

Last edited by MikeDirnt78; 09-10-2019 at 12:30 PM..
MikeDirnt78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 12:35 PM   #6
Banned

Ya! Ya! Why you so bad de? Sayang only want to help Chinese. Why you so bad want to stop him defending a bullied people?
Panda Abuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 12:42 PM   #7
High Supremacy Member

Which part you don't understand? I didn't say one can only post local news.

Anyone is free to post any news.

Since this is a local forum, I believe the moderators and SPH are more concerned about stories that have an impact locally than stories that have an impact in China, Indonesia or Uganda.

Anyway, I am not a Mod. I am just giving my 2 cents.
So you are saying mods and admin should hands off edmw thread of foreign news? People has been banned and infracted before because of such threads. Not sure how is that going work out.
Old 09-10-2019, 01:02 PM   #8
Arch-Supremacy Member

So you are saying mods and admin should hands off edmw thread of foreign news? People has been banned and infracted before because of such threads. Not sure how is that going work out.
They could be banned because of offensive or insulting posts which are against the TOS.

If they discuss about foreign issues in a civil manner, I don't see how they can be banned.

The TOS did not mention you cannot post foreign issues in this forum.

5.Member Obligations

5.1 You represent and warrant that you have read and agree to be bound by our Website Conditions and these Member Conditions.

5.2 You acknowledge that the Site and Services are used by a community of users, and you hereby agree and undertake:

5.2.1 to treat all users with respect and civility;

5.2.2 not to annoy, pester, solicit, harass, threaten, offend, insult, abuse, defame, or injure any other users, or commit any unlawful or tortious acts against other users;

5.2.3 not to spam, mail bomb, send viruses, spyware, malware, worms or other damaging material to other users, or act in any manner that adversely affects the use of the Services by other users;

5.2.4 not to harvest or otherwise collect information about users, including email addresses, without SPH’s prior written consent.
Old 12-10-2019, 09:05 AM   #9

There is already an official thread fo the HK protest that has gone into till Part 6 ( https://deluxeforums.hardwarezone.co...a-6125992.html )

Yet this user apparently has been trying to hijack and control the narrative in this forum by spamming 5-6 new threads on hk riots everyday for months to suit his agenda. A check on on his thread history bring it way beyond even before July.

https://deluxeforums.hardwarezone.com.sg/users/518241/

And his antic include taking news article and editing the title totally out of point. E.g :
https://deluxeforums.hardwarezone.co...d-6126094.html
Actual Title of News : Protesters appear to be hit by taxi and man beaten bloody in another violent turn for Hong Kong
And He renamed it as topic : Pro-Beijing Taxi rams Protest Crowd...4 Injured & 1 maybe disabled! Driver kenna hatamed!

Below is ss of his thread pages. It is in line with forum regulation ? Shouldn' this HK spams all be kept to HK riots official thread instead ?

Thanks, he is banned

I guess you learnt from your bans that we do not allow this kind of spamming and advertising.

c
Dr.Vijay likes this.

Mods react only to members' . Quoting offending posts = offence.
Volunteer Mods aren't SPH employees.

Deluxe Membership
Ignore List
Feedback Forum - feedback/disputes elsewhere will be trash.
cranthir is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.