why i say "heng ceca never win" about survivor mod also infract me?

Perisher

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Actually sinkie and amdk is derogatory in some sense but to say ceca is derogatory when it’s real meaning is referring to either
the agreement or India Indians or even just Indians ...

I can only disagree. But who cares.

quirkyhill

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Mods are just acting based on reports made by other readers.

If readers don't report, they won't act.

So you can use those terms as long they don't offend anyone.

And just because you think it is OK to you it is OK to others.
in the absence of clear, unambiguous rules, obviously everyone has to operate with your last line in mind

anyway, mods are just starting a euphemism treadmill here

everyone is going to move to SOVEREIGN and mods will start infracting those eventually

BeefCutlet

Banned
Reaction score
Hi razorlala!

It's all about the context. The acronym itself is fine when used to discuses the trade agreement that it is derived from.

The acronym may also be used to express negative sentiments, e.g.

• "Hate the influx of foreigners from the signing of the CECA."

• "CECA brought about unwanted social imbalance here."

• "CECA Expat complained about our PAP Government on Phase 1 of "relaxed" **"

etc.

When it is used to in a manner to demean a person's race or nationality, then the poster would fall foul of the forum guidelines. Should the post be reported, moderators and administrators may act on it by way of warnings or infractions.

As always, the sticky-ed thread should remove any ambiguity on the expected behaviour of HWZ Forum Users:

>>> Discrimination of Race, Culture, Derogatory Terms and Seditious Remarks will NOT be Tolerated! <<<

You ownself decide the context and ownself decide whether its degratory?

Do you have a PhD in English language? Why is your interpretation correct?

Last edited:

Perisher

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
So ceca, tiongs, sinkies, amdk, etc all considered derogatory?

Thousands of threads are using those. :s22:

lumpyme

Master Member
Reaction score
i agree with the mods, we need FT more than FT need us
by having racism and xenophobia, we will forever remain backward.
singapore is already going down the drain, PAP madate is getting less and less over the years
if we don't stand united as one united people, we will be one divided people

nevertheless needless to say we need everybody to support PAP and give them a strong mandate for the next term
meaning to say we will continue to prosper like we did over the years if we remained strong with PAP to guide us
enough said

Dr.Vijay

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Just to reiterate - look at the context of use and not just the word.

Whether the word is a problem, that's a different discussion for another day, but for simplicity, I believe everyone is aware what group of people do these terms refer to.

So the next level of the hierarchy is in what context it was used and what it implies.

Clearly it just plainly means, heng it's not an Indian. Would it have mattered if he was a true blue Singaporean Indian? That's again a different discussion, but on face value, it's just against Indians.

Lastly, nobody is on a hunting spree.
It was reported.
The intent is visible.

Let's face the facts and move on.

Mods are just acting based on reports made by other readers.

If readers don't report, they won't act.

So you can use those terms as long they don't offend anyone.

And just because you think it is OK to you it is not OK to others.

So ceca, tiongs, sinkies, amdk, etc all considered derogatory?

Thousands of threads are using those. :s22:

BeefCutlet

Banned
Reaction score
Very dissapointed with how Vijay handled a valid feedback on CECA

I disagree completely with what Vijay said. His reply was mainly throwing a smoke bomb which didn't address anything.

Infact, if he was not admin and made that same post, I 100% believe a mod here would have infractdd him for that post

And he says face the facts and move on and locks the thread so that no one can reply?

This is a all time low for the quality of effective moderation

Perisher

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Just to reiterate - look at the context of use and not just the word.

Whether the word is a problem, that's a different discussion for another day, but for simplicity, I believe everyone is aware what group of people do these terms refer to.

So the next level of the hierarchy is in what context it was used and what it implies.

Clearly it just plainly means, heng it's not an Indian. Would it have mattered if he was a true blue Singaporean Indian? That's again a different discussion, but on face value, it's just against Indians.

Lastly, nobody is on a hunting spree.
It was reported.
The intent is visible.

Let's face the facts and move on.

I find the context the same as everyone else who uses it... Other than those who use it for the agreement. :s12:

Ain’t you Sidestepping it?
If you face the facts, thousands of threads are using such terms and in that similar context and because of this kind of ruling here, you agree that such things can be reported and is valid to be infracted. In other words, any edmwer can now report all these terms,

Sinkies, ceca, tiongs, jhk etc etc... within those same context of course. :zotto:

That’s a fact now. And you just stamped your approval.

Another question is, if your mods all agreed with this, surely they must have seen these terms used in thousands of threads and posts, how are they suppose to pretend they never saw it? Or is it they can only purely act on post/threads that are reported?

But hey, I’m gonna move on. :o

Last edited:

Weaboo

Honorary Member
Reaction score
why need to lock my thread instead of having a healthy discussion?

Weaboo

Honorary Member
Reaction score
as i mention in my thread, if you think using ceca derogatory, please censor the word ceca

Dominum

Master Member
Reaction score
EDMW has gone down the pits. Wasn’t like this when I joined.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.