HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

webhosting to recommend?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-03-2012, 12:36 AM   #16

apc.sg S$50 per yr cheap right? i thinking to get a hosting.
Old 02-07-2012, 06:10 PM   #17

To what extent cloud computing is safe for web hosting

My point is that i want to invest in the clouding webhosting for it is very advantageous for business management in term of work effectiveness and management cost ; However; since I have read some stuff about it' reliability in the cloud computing blog , i become somewhat septic to invest mainly when i experienced a data storage crash with a cloud company that i do not want to name , so to what extent it is safe for web hosting , so which are the best reliable companies affording quality services
Old 02-07-2012, 07:07 PM   #18
Supremacy Member

My point is that i want to invest in the clouding webhosting for it is very advantageous for business management in term of work effectiveness and management cost ; However; since I have read some stuff about it' reliability in the cloud computing blog , i become somewhat septic to invest mainly when i experienced a data storage crash with a cloud company that i do not want to name , so to what extent it is safe for web hosting , so which are the best reliable companies affording quality services
I work with Amazon cloud computing and to date, it's pretty stable. But once in a while you do hear about outrage happens. Cloud is just a terminology, at the end of the day, thinking about it, it's nonetheless just a bunch of readily available machines. Nothing escape from reality that you need a good redundant design to ensure high uptime.

If you are interested in high uptime, then obviously redundant application servers are required. Built at least 2 virtual machines in the same region for high redundancy. Higher redundancy is possible by building disaster servers in another region. In the event of a region outrage, you can still fail over to an active or passive application server residing in another region.

Make sure of EBS and perform snapshot backups periodically. Do not use reduce redundancy to ensure really high redundancy for your data. If you can afford Amazon RDS, do it. It offers much higher redundancy and scalability compared to having one in the EC2.

Need a extremely high uptime ? Make use of elastic load balancer to load balance and provide failover between servers hosted in different regions.

If you can design your application in multi tiering and distributed architecture, it will provide extremely high availability no matter which hosting you use.

Don't just think cloud as high availability. Focus on your design for good redundancy and availability.
Old 02-07-2012, 10:30 PM   #19

i was formerly on godaddy webhosting for 3 years. the webhosting is okay, but it is not that fast. the real problem for me is when i use their email pop and smtp server. after the first year, got problem sending out mail from the smtp server. When i email to godaddy, they suggested using the webmail. now my domain name is still hosted with godaddy, but the webhosting is with hostgator instead. If you do not need the email services, you can try your luck with godaddy. if you do need the email service, do not waste your time.
Old 03-07-2012, 09:02 AM   #20

Has anybody heard of FirstCom Solutions (partner with M1) that provides web and email hosting? It seems too good to be true as compared to my current one.
Old 03-07-2012, 09:51 AM   #21

im using apc.sg quite ok for me i guess
Old 04-07-2012, 12:36 AM   #22
Arch-Supremacy Member

anyone tried sgnix?
Old 06-07-2012, 09:27 AM   #23

I blogged about my comparison between GreenGeeks and BlueHost last year: GreenGeeks vs Bluehost Review | Zit Seng's Superwall

One of my "big" requirements is that I want SSH shell access.

I had considered several options before signing up for both for more evaluation. I stayed with BlueHost.
Old 06-07-2012, 06:52 PM   #24

anyone tried sgnix?
you can google it for review
Old 07-07-2012, 10:10 PM   #25

vodien.com
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.